2014 NFL Season Thread

Logan Mankins will be revealed to have been an accomplice of Aaron Hernandez in 5...4...3...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Schefter is reporting a decision has been made regarding Josh Gordon's suspension. Lack of an announcement could be a result of any number of things. I'd like to think the NFL lost and they're trying to hang his DWI over his head and negotiate a 2-4 game suspension but they could very well be waiting to make an announcement with their usual late-Friday news dumps for stuff they want to fly under the radar. If he's a free agent in your fantasy league, he's worth taking a chance on before an announcement is made.

IUe6Hvh.png

There is a call for Medical Marijuana to be legalized in the NFL, some doctors are saying it may alleviate concussion symptoms. So a Marijuana suspension could come back to haunt the league in a few years.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Wow second offense gone for life a little heavy handed, but I think now that he has set a six game suspension for the first time it will send a message.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Wow second offense gone for life a little heavy handed, but I think now that he has set a six game suspension for the first time it will send a message.

Hopefully there will be no need for a second offense because I think a message is delivered via the 1-game ban and the fact you'll be banned for life if you commit a second offense.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Apparently NFL has been working on this for three weeks and made it their number one priority. Even discussed it with domestic violence groups.

Sends the right message. Don't beat your significant others guys.

It was obvious that the league and Goddell had NO CLUE as to properly handle this when they allowed his wife to talk while he, the commish and various other Ravens' personnel in the room!

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

A six-game suspension would be without pay and the length of the penalty could increase in these cases: an employee was involved in a prior incident before joining the NFL; violence involving a weapon; choking, repeated striking, or when the act is committed against a pregnant woman; or in the presence of a child. A second-time offender may petition for reinstatement after one year but there is no assurance the petition would be granted, the letter said.

I realize the need to be explicit when making rules that could be challenged in court, but something about this doesn't seem right. While a 6 game ban is certainly a serious punishment, explicitly stating that there's a finite set of actions that are worse kind of implies that a single knock out blow isn't that bad. I totally understand why they gave themselves room to increase the initial suspension and the need to spell these things out, but like I said something about it is just off.

How do you prove if a child was there? Is Roger Goodell going to ask little Bobby if he saw daddy pistol whip mommy? What if the woman is freshly pregnant and doesn't know, or is just one of his side pieces and hasn't told him about it? Does he only get 6 if he can prove that he didn't know she was pregnant? Seems like a lot of things that could be challenged and lead to lenghty appeals.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

NFL announces new penalties for domestic violence:

1st offense: 6 Game Suspension

2nd offense: Lifetime Ban

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=11425377

That's pretty wild. Obviously, the Ray Rice thing scared the NFL $#@%less. I had a hard time believing it was real, even after seeing that the article was hosted on espn.com.

Not really. If you beat a woman you're pretty much an irredeemable piece of trash. I have no issue keeping those people out of the league.

In an interview with CSN Washington, Redskins owner Dan Snyder revealed that the he is beginning the process of designing a new stadium for the Redskins...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000384528/article/dan-snyder-started-the-process-in-planning-new-stadium

I see a few possible temporary locations for the Redskins while the new home is being built:

1.RFK Stadium (previous home before FedEx Field)

2.M&T Bank Stadium (share it with Ravens)

3. Byrd Stadium (University of Maryland (Capacity:51,802))

EDIT: Those temporary homes would be if FedEx Field gets torn down

Archived