2014 NFL Season Thread

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure this was the sports equivalent of a snuff film. The thing is I'm not surprised at the ending. I saw the part with the fumble right after the interception and waited until Jones got into the endzone, before I opted for Pawn Stars. So not only did I get to see my team get railroaded but also watched Jones put up almost triple his projection in fantasy.

Furthermore, it really makes you wonder what more the franchise could do to lose fans. Rotating head coaches, weird health issues, no franchise QB or competent offensive line to work with. It's like, "How the hell are you only removed a decade from a freaking Super Bowl?"

Where is my Warren Sapp? Where is my Simeon Rice? Where is my John Lynch? Where have all the Buccaneers gone?

Do do do. Do do do. Do do do. Do do do.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

What is going on with the Buccaneers? To many Falcons fans, this is a classic, but as a football fan, I want some competition.

I blame you for this outcome.
I don't see how that game was a classic on any standard...

I can see why. It will be remembered as the blow out of a division rival. I'm a Bengals fan, and I always look back and smile the day the Bengals defeated the Oilers 61-7. Of course, there was a little bitterness between coaches at the time. Sam Wyche called a timeout while time was running out so that they could kick a field goal just to rub a little salt on their wounds. While this doesn't have the bitterness involved, it is still a division foe.

Glad I watched the Auburn-Kansas State game last night... woof :rolleyes:

Yes. That was a MUCH more competitive game. I was stuck watching that because I didn't know what channel NFL Network was with my college's channel listing...they have to make it so difficult...

Wait...it was on CBS was it not? The point I'm trying to make is they had to make finding these channels so difficult.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

All i know is that tomorrow's Broncos-Seahawks regular season rematch game will be one of the most watched regular season games since the Saints-Patriots in 2009 and the undefeated Colts/undefeated Patriots in 2007.

No it won't.

It's not Sunday Night Football so it won't be aired in three major markets.

For the people in Seattle and Denver markets maybe, but the rest of the country is going to be watching the games in their own regional coverage. Besides, it's week 3 so who cares.

I won't be watching, course I don't watch the NFL much anymore anyway.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

The New York Football Giants are getting shut out tomorrow and they will go 0-16.

I think the Buccaneers have a better shot at going 0-16 this season. Hopefully the 2008 Lions will no longer be alone in their failure!

Does 0-26 ring a bell? '08 Lions have nothing on the '76-'77 Bucs.

niagaraq.png

The New York Football Giants are getting shut out tomorrow and they will go 0-16.

I think the Buccaneers have a better shot at going 0-16 this season. Hopefully the 2008 Lions will no longer be alone in their failure!

Well the '08 Lions had been around for 79 seasons, while the Bucs had just started playing in '76.

You can't really compare:

1) An expansion team [bucs] to a team that was celebrating it's 75th anniversary (Lions should have no excuse for their terrible roster that year)

2) Almost 2 years of futility to 1 single year

3) A 14-game schedule (in 1976 and 1977) to a 16-game one (in 2008)

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Archived