Stolen Work

NOppenheimer

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 1 month later...

laxisawesome3--400x200.jpg 1*PCdAKN6VZJJD47IcO2z3uw@2x.jpeg

83757ca7bdcd520a_small.jpeg 0B3984R2iS73jRmc0ajZFMjlaUXc.jpg?itok=MC

So this has been brought to my attention! I have ONLY posted watermarked versions of this logo on here and Dribbble. The team's GM is giving me a call later today to discuss what we can do. He said he was "blindsided" by this last week.

ToledoWalleye.png.39519ef166c4cbd9eb044c walleye.png

• Like 6

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

1 hour ago, hettinger_rl said:

laxisawesome3--400x200.jpg 1*PCdAKN6VZJJD47IcO2z3uw@2x.jpeg

83757ca7bdcd520a_small.jpeg 0B3984R2iS73jRmc0ajZFMjlaUXc.jpg?itok=MC

So this has been brought to my attention! I have ONLY posted watermarked versions of this logo on here and Dribbble. The team's GM is giving me a call later today to discuss what we can do. He said he was "blindsided" by this last week.

ToledoWalleye.png.39519ef166c4cbd9eb044c walleye.png

Talked to the GM and he agreed to stop using the image and was very apologetic. Turns out he was given the rights by someone else that claimed it was his intellectual property, so he got screwed too. Bad situation all around but they did the right thing in getting a hold of me.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

Talked to the GM and he agreed to stop using the image and was very apologetic. Turns out he was given the rights by someone else that claimed it was his intellectual property, so he got screwed too. Bad situation all around but they did the right thing in getting a hold of me.

That is great. Happy ending for the design world. Too bad you couldn't make a little cash off it! Hastings Walleye is a great name for the area. Your color choices and contrast are way better though. Hate what they did with the black/white double outline.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

Are you able to take it further and find out the person who gave the team the rights?

• Like 1

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

• 1 month later...
On 5/24/2018 at 12:53 PM, hettinger_rl said:

The GM re-contacted me and decided to go ahead and purchase the rights to the logo. A top notch guy who did the right thing for his organization.

• Like 29

2 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

The GM re-contacted me and decided to go ahead and purchase the rights to the logo. A top notch guy who did the right thing for his organization.

Congrats! I would definitely look at strengthening your watermark after this. Looking at the examples you posted in this thread, it looks pretty easy to scrub it off in Photoshop or Illustrator, which someone obviously already did. I hope it's the last time you have to deal with anything like this!

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, Htown1141 said:

saw this in an sbnation video, i think I've seen this mavs logo on the boards or something

TCxgpUF.png

This looks like more of a situation where an intern, or whoever made the video just did a google search for the logo, and didn't know that this wasn't the real logo. Happens all the time.

• Like 1

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

4 hours ago, Lafarge said:

This looks like more of a situation where an intern, or whoever made the video just did a google search for the logo, and didn't know that this wasn't the real logo. Happens all the time.

that's what I thought, just a thing I picked up on

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/2/2018 at 7:54 AM, hettinger_rl said:

Check this site out https://supportblackcolleges.org/collections/all make sure they don't have any of your work on here. The lifted some of mine without even trying to change things. The legal team of the shopping site https://www.shopify.com/legal seems to be supportive so far.

"Support Black Colleges..." by buying my illegally produced merchandise, none of which actually provides any financial benefit to a Historically Black College or University.  

• Like 2

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN