NOppenheimer

Stolen Work

On 11/3/2017 at 1:34 PM, mcrosby said:

The saga of the constantly stolen Navy logo just escalated.

Well, we know they have the budget to pay off a settlement.

On 11/3/2017 at 12:34 PM, mcrosby said:

The saga of the constantly stolen Navy logo just escalated. 

Screenshot_20171103-112410.png

Oh that is Not good. Not good.

12 hours ago, nash61 said:

At least he put my Behance link in the video description. Could've used my name at least once though. 

laxisawesome3--400x200.jpg 1*PCdAKN6VZJJD47IcO2z3uw@2x.jpeg

83757ca7bdcd520a_small.jpeg 0B3984R2iS73jRmc0ajZFMjlaUXc.jpg?itok=MC

So this has been brought to my attention! I have ONLY posted watermarked versions of this logo on here and Dribbble. The team's GM is giving me a call later today to discuss what we can do. He said he was "blindsided" by this last week.

ToledoWalleye.png.39519ef166c4cbd9eb044c walleye.png

1 hour ago, hettinger_rl said:

laxisawesome3--400x200.jpg 1*PCdAKN6VZJJD47IcO2z3uw@2x.jpeg

83757ca7bdcd520a_small.jpeg 0B3984R2iS73jRmc0ajZFMjlaUXc.jpg?itok=MC

So this has been brought to my attention! I have ONLY posted watermarked versions of this logo on here and Dribbble. The team's GM is giving me a call later today to discuss what we can do. He said he was "blindsided" by this last week.

ToledoWalleye.png.39519ef166c4cbd9eb044c walleye.png

Talked to the GM and he agreed to stop using the image and was very apologetic. Turns out he was given the rights by someone else that claimed it was his intellectual property, so he got screwed too. Bad situation all around but they did the right thing in getting a hold of me.

9 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

Talked to the GM and he agreed to stop using the image and was very apologetic. Turns out he was given the rights by someone else that claimed it was his intellectual property, so he got screwed too. Bad situation all around but they did the right thing in getting a hold of me.

That is great. Happy ending for the design world. Too bad you couldn't make a little cash off it! Hastings Walleye is a great name for the area. Your color choices and contrast are way better though. Hate what they did with the black/white double outline.

10 hours ago, hettinger_rl said:

Are you able to take it further and find out the person who gave the team the rights?

I imagine the team is going to sue them.

If they do, you might want to contact that attorney and see if you can ride along on a contingency fee.