NOppenheimer

Stolen Work

So i've been quiet about this for a few years because I didn't want to make enemies in the industry I was trying to break into, but check this out.

I applied to the United Soccer League in 2016. Did some test graphics for them (which they wanted built in indesign, big red flag). Here's one matchup graphic i made with the assets they gave me. In my in person, the designer Enrique Alvarado said he liked what I made but would maybe move the USL logo to the bottom corner. Totally reasonable, i was scared to break from brand guidelines and put it on a busy background.

IMG-2302.jpg

So imagine my surprise when this is their playoff graphics

IMG-3368.png

I didn't want to get into a fight but this really hurt me, because 1. I didn't get the job and 2. it looked worse! My friends took it upon themselves to go after him on twitter and I stayed out of it, all he replied with was some laughing emojis. They asked if i was interested in a position in 2017 which i turned down because I was with the Rays, and still had a job opportunity at Under Armour open. But mostly I would've socked him in his face when I saw Enrique. 

Since then, a close friend began working there and apparently he got fired (which is why the position opened up) and the mood seems to be that he was genuinely awful. There's some crossover in twitter followings so people will tag us together if it's about soccer design and I still absolutely hold this grudge.

So if you're reading this Enrique, kiss my ass

3 hours ago, raysox said:

So i've been quiet about this for a few years because I didn't want to make enemies in the industry I was trying to break into, but check this out.

I applied to the United Soccer League in 2016. Did some test graphics for them (which they wanted built in indesign, big red flag). Here's one matchup graphic i made with the assets they gave me. In my in person, the designer Enrique Alvarado said he liked what I made but would maybe move the USL logo to the bottom corner. Totally reasonable, i was scared to break from brand guidelines and put it on a busy background.

IMG-2302.jpg

So imagine my surprise when this is their playoff graphics

IMG-3368.png

I didn't want to get into a fight but this really hurt me, because 1. I didn't get the job and 2. it looked worse! My friends took it upon themselves to go after him on twitter and I stayed out of it, all he replied with was some laughing emojis. They asked if i was interested in a position in 2017 which i turned down because I was with the Rays, and still had a job opportunity at Under Armour open. But mostly I would've socked him in his face when I saw Enrique. 

Since then, a close friend began working there and apparently he got fired (which is why the position opened up) and the mood seems to be that he was genuinely awful. There's some crossover in twitter followings so people will tag us together if it's about soccer design and I still absolutely hold this grudge.

Looked up their Twitter immediately after reading this. Their page doesn't even exist. Looks like Twitter is siding with you in this case or maybe they deactivated their account so we couldn't come and bash them. 

Nah it exists I looked him up during posting that. I’m not gonna show where cause it’s not worth it, but man I’ve seen his portfolio and it’s not strong

1 hour ago, raysox said:

Nah it exists I looked him up during posting that. I’m not gonna show where cause it’s not worth it, but man I’ve seen his portfolio and it’s not strong

I was talking about the USL Twitter and Insta. Their official page doesn't show up on either platform for me. 

12 hours ago, raysox said:

So what you're saying is that you wouldn't recommend applying for their job opening, I take it? 

13 hours ago, dsaline97 said:

So what you're saying is that you wouldn't recommend applying for their job opening, I take it? 

oh no they're fine now, I've met a couple of them through my friend. Go for it!

also @Griffinmarlins they rebranded and changed their handles

Looks like the black colleges website lifted the tiger head logo they're using on the Grambling State shirts right from Tin Roof Brewing's Bayou Bengal beer.

Gram_Black_Front_1024x1024@2x.png?v=1545

bayou-bengal.png