NOppenheimer

Stolen Work

MrWonka    281

Theres one guy who did NHL ones but he privated his account after I raided the comments. He stole from here and HockeyJerseyConcepts.com. Not sure if I should still report since I can't see the stuff on the account. I'd assume he does.

Lights Out    2,137

Maybe the Concepts forum should be made private like the Requests forum to help cut down on outsiders' plagiarism.

DG_Now    3,884

I don't understand. Is there a financial gain people are making from posting concepts on their instagram accounts?

Making more parts of the forum private seems like a good idea.

dsaline97    467

Hey look, I found one of my logos! Granted, it was a mashup of two Bills logos, and Heitert had an almost-identical idea, but still.

7E9E1BEE-7CFE-49D8-B714-CABC09725199_zps

Griffinmarlins    612

Maybe the Concepts forum should be made private like the Requests forum to help cut down on outsiders' plagiarism.

That's a very good idea.

RedmondOrbit    54

That's a very good idea.

Agreed. Although, what's to stop them from creating a account just so they have access to concepts?

gsn93    0

That's a very good idea.

Agreed. Although, what's to stop them from creating a account just so they have access to concepts?

Set it up so you need to reach a certain number of posts to unlocked access to the Concepts forum.

marble21    394

What about the people who discovered this site because of the concepts section - for example me. Putting these suggested measures in won't stop plagiarism but it will stop bringing people to the site who may take great enjoyment in seeing some great concepts.

If people don't want their work stolen, then they should watermark it properly. IMO, responsibility shouldn't be with the people running this site but the concept creators themselves.

Perhaps a section about watermarking could be added to the new users guide? If it isn't already there.

rams80    2,781

What about the people who discovered this site because of the concepts section - for example me. Putting these suggested measures in won't stop plagiarism but it will stop bringing people to the site who may take great enjoyment in seeing some great concepts.

If people don't want their work stolen, then they should watermark it properly. IMO, responsibility shouldn't be with the people running this site but the concept creators themselves.

Perhaps a section about watermarking could be added to the new users guide? If it isn't already there.

Dude, watermarked concepts are being stolen as well.

I think the sacrifice of a small number of potential posters who would have only found this site through the concepts is worth protecting the intellectual property of all of its members. Especially in the days of Instagram.

Well,thats bull. People stealing things that dont belong to them. Wheres the police?

derschwigg    239

I had this happen to me pretty recently as well - Remember my Washington Nationals redesign? The SAME GUY ripped it - twice.

http://dailysnark.com/new-redskins-concept-logo/
https://www.behance.net/gallery/17749739/Washington-Nationals-Concept-Rebranding-

I was able to get him to credit me for the original design, but the biggest problem I have with it is: He's the "Head Guy" over at NFLMemes, which means he should know better.

I don't know if there's any "true" way we can protect our work, aside from watermarking the hell out of it.

bkknight95    609

Watermarking the hell out of my concepts hasn't helped. avconcepts went private and he's blocked me. Anybody want to spy on him?

derschwigg    239

Watermarking the hell out of my concepts hasn't helped. avconcepts went private and he's blocked me. Anybody want to spy on him?

That's kinda my point.

His bio now says "I make my own designs/logos and. (post concepts from all over )"

bkknight95    609

That's kinda my point.

His bio now says "I make my own designs/logos and. (post concepts from all over )"

I asked him to stop 2 months ago, and he posted more. It wont stop me from creating and posting. Its just really annoying

drdougfresh    685

That's kinda my point.

I asked him to stop 2 months ago, and he posted more. It wont stop me from creating and posting. Its just really annoying

I'm working on it. Then we can report the same way as the other account.

Clintau24    544

It's truly gotten out of hand. All these guys are very hard-headed about it when you call them out and go defensive mode like crazy. I'm not sure what can be done, but I hope something gets worked out. I truly hate seeing all the hard work posted on here being ripped off. And many times, even crediting someone doesn't do any good. Like mentioned above, the users can make it seem like they made it and the commenters have no idea at all. There's a difference between "Hey, check out this awesome concept made by sportslogos,net user XXX!" and just posting a picture with (and many times without) the creator's name. It's really sad.

RedmondOrbit    54

I'd also like to point out that he also has a "personal" Instagram account: avcoop. He doesn't post as frequently on that one, though I imagine if his other account gets reported he'll start posting them there.

Just checked avconcepts and he went private.

Clintau24    544

I'd also like to point out that he also has a "personal" Instagram account: avcoop. He doesn't post as frequently on that one, though I imagine if his other account gets reported he'll start posting them there.

Just checked avconcepts and he went private.

I imagine if any of these accounts get reported/shut down/blocked/whatever that they'll simply just make another account and continue...