Stolen Work

NOppenheimer

I've just read the whole thread and found some great advice. Just found out not to long ago that an amateur football (soccer for the yanks :P) club called HNK Mostar Melbourne has ripped the heck out of my Zrinjski logo update that I've posted here and on Design Football forums.

Here's my logo: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/99521-bosnia-and-herzegovina-premier-league-redesign-516/

And this is what they've did with it, plus the jersey which is reminiscent of my 3rd kit for Zrinjski:

10705206-469828336490108-773319153-n_82010714655-469828113156797-723371314-n_294

No credit what so ever. I've e-mailed them and threatened with a lawsuit, since they are making money off of my design. I want my name somewhere of their page or in the logo's picture description, but if they don't give me my well deserved credit, then I don't have any other choice then to bring up a lawsuit.

Is watermarking, or copyright sentence in the bottom of our work's picture the most we can do.

*creating a Flickr account*

Pretty rough if they don't credit you somehow.

I'd take nothing less than number one ticket holder.

TEAMSsmall.png

RICHMOND TIGERS

• 2 weeks later...

Most blatant theft of my work is my first example. Ryan Miller wallpaper I created (with photo credit to Bill Wippert and also my own name along the bottom) was used by some seller on eBay from Indonesia and honestly, I wasn't that upset since I saw that people actually purchased the case which meant they liked what they saw.

bcad3ef4b36b11e28b3822000a9f15fd_7.jpg

And my second, not-so-clear ripoff of my work is this ad from a local paper (Artvoice). I created the poster on the left maybe about 3 years ago now while still in college, and the ad on the right was published just around a year ago. The similarities are definitely all there, enough to make me question if the creator saw my poster and played off of it. Also, the logo for the WNYFCU uses a logo which also looks similar to my created poster.

fdc64e62381811e3b4af22000a1fa7ec_8.jpglogo-fb.png

bufg.png

im not so sure about the poster example, it looks like both of you used the same inspiration and arrived at a similar thing, using a pretty common composition of top placed headline, 2 point perspective building-from-the-street view and a sun burst background. you could just as easily make the same connections between the two to Shepard Fairey's work.

• Like 1

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

im not so sure about the poster example, it looks like both of you used the same inspiration and arrived at a similar thing, using a pretty common composition of top placed headline, 2 point perspective building-from-the-street view and a sun burst background. you could just as easily make the same connections between the two to Shepard Fairey's work.

Yeah I totally understand which is why I can't be 100% sure. However, you have to admit that it IS a little suspicious that it was used for a local Buffalo event as well as local Buffalo-area credit union.

bufg.png

• 1 month later...

Ok so I posted my Atlanta Falcons jersey concept on Instagram, and received the following email today:

"I'm a follower on Instagram.

I am designing a jersey for my team and would like to know if you can send the pants of that jersey. If you can it's ok I understand."

like what? He is flat out telling me that he is going to steal my design? and then asking me to give him more? I'm extremely confused/irritated

Ok so I posted my Atlanta Falcons jersey concept on Instagram, and received the following email today:

I am designing a jersey for my team and would like to know if you can send the pants of that jersey. If you can it's ok I understand."

like what? He is flat out telling me that he is going to steal my design? and then asking me to give him more? I'm extremely confused/irritated

He liked your design, and is asking if he can use the pants professionly for a rec-league b-ball team.... I think. I'd ask him what exactly it's for, and see if I could get any cash out of it if I were you personally.

What's your username? I'd like to follow but couldn't find it anywhere.

spacer.png

He liked your design, and is asking if he can use the pants professionly for a rec-league b-ball team.... I think. I'd ask him what exactly it's for, and see if I could get any cash out of it if I were you personally.

I should've explained more, I only posted the jersey and helmet. I did not post any pants, so he is asking me to post some. I thought about asking him for maybe some possible compensation but what irritates me is that he sounds like he's already going through with the jerseys, he just needs me to give him more...
I'm flattered that he likes my design but this is a bit weird

it's @football_concepts , thanks for your interest!

interesting situation. im not sure how you'd go about making a uniform based off of pictures like that. if he found a printer/supplier that could i dont know if they even would. i mean you're talking about treading on thin lines with NFL properties. "yea just take the Falcons logo and make a stripe out of it on the sleeves for me". whatever the case i wouldnt give him anything.

i hear a lot of this going on with IG though. i suggest storing your concepts on a place that will provide copyright for them (im not sure how it crosses over with a trademarked logo on it though), like deviantart, Behance, or your own site if you wanted to go that far. then only show teasers, with filters, on IG.

BTW, i do like that Falcons concept. its very cool

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Saw this on my facebook news feed. Pretty sure this was made by someone here on the forums in an all sports city thread. Felt I would share to make sure no one is getting ripped off on this.

9d42c6894764c8161fd83942b2dd3866.png?v=1

Here's the link: http://www.productiontees.com/products/1edd0cbd9837d63e?fbs=6017442979132

I saw that on my Facebook newsfeed as well. I contacted the artist (Firefly, I believe) a while ago and told him about it.

interesting situation. im not sure how you'd go about making a uniform based off of pictures like that. if he found a printer/supplier that could i dont know if they even would. i mean you're talking about treading on thin lines with NFL properties. "yea just take the Falcons logo and make a stripe out of it on the sleeves for me". whatever the case i wouldnt give him anything.

i hear a lot of this going on with IG though. i suggest storing your concepts on a place that will provide copyright for them (im not sure how it crosses over with a trademarked logo on it though), like deviantart, Behance, or your own site if you wanted to go that far. then only show teasers, with filters, on IG.

I was thinking the same thing, seems like a hard jersey to replicate...for a rec league anyway.

I've always been intrigued by sites like Behance and Dribble, etc. but I don't really know that stuff too well and I guess I kinda like Instagram. I don't get any artistic feedback at all lol but it's a good way to get design opportunities.

And thank you, it's something I made pretty quickly but I like the way it came out.

I was thinking the same thing, seems like a hard jersey to replicate...for a rec league anyway.

I've always been intrigued by sites like Behance and Dribble, etc. but I don't really know that stuff too well and I guess I kinda like Instagram. I don't get any artistic feedback at all lol but it's a good way to get design opportunities.

And thank you, it's something I made pretty quickly but I like the way it came out.

Decided to actuallly see the pic myself, anmd now I get it. This is a odd situation..... but the design is quite nice, especially for the Falcons even though I can't stand them. Not sure what to do here...... perhaps ask the guy to clarify exactly what he meant as it's hard to understand what he wrote.

Saw this on my facebook news feed. Pretty sure this was made by someone here on the forums in an all sports city thread. Felt I would share to make sure no one is getting ripped off on this.

9d42c6894764c8161fd83942b2dd3866.png?v=1

Here's the link: http://www.productiontees.com/products/1edd0cbd9837d63e?fbs=6017442979132

I saw that on my Facebook newsfeed as well. I contacted the artist (Firefly, I believe) a while ago and told him about it.

The page appears to be busted now. Perhaps Production Tees got wind of the copyrighted material?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Yeah I totally understand which is why I can't be 100% sure. However, you have to admit that it IS a little suspicious that it was used for a local Buffalo event as well as local Buffalo-area credit union.

I know I'm late to the party here, but that's not just some random building... that's City Hall (and the McKinley Monument). It's not really suspicious that people would use that as a symbol for Buffalo.

Buffalo_City_Hall_HDR.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Right now I'm in a situation that I'm sure others have dealt with before, so I'm looking for some guidance.

A few months ago, someone contacted me through Dribbble asking for a few custom baseball scripts to be used on t-shirts as Christmas gifts. We agreed upon a price and within a day I sent him the first draft (a small jpeg). For a week we corresponded back and forth, and I sent him two more example images based on small changes he suggested. When I sent him what was probably going to be the final draft, I never got a reply. He had consistently replied for weeks, and then nothing. So in my mind there are two possibilities: either this guy died unexpectedly, or he stole my work without compensation. The drafts I sent were fairly small jpeg images, but they still could've been traced. I've now emailed him about once a week with no reply still.

Any thoughts on what to do in this situation? I have really no way of tracking this person down, but through his Dribbble account I was able to find a Behance portfolio, and I just messaged him on there.

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

Bknight, av concepts has just started up again on Instagram with your pro combats. He left the watermark, but didn't really give credit. Not sure if there's anything you (or I) and do, just thought I'd give a heads up since you were blocked.

At this point, I'm not sure what's left for me to do. This won't stop me from making concepts, but I'm not sure what security I can add to my work.

AmPJ0Ty.png 

• 3 weeks later...

An instagrammer known as @helmetconcepts is trying to sell t-shirts using not only copyrighted NFL & NCAA logos, but also on Davidson's template. A lot of people on there, including me have tried to tell him he can't do this. But he insists that he actually has a license to sell NFL merchandise... :cursing: