Stolen Work

NOppenheimer

Ok so I posted my Atlanta Falcons jersey concept on Instagram, and received the following email today:

"I'm a follower on Instagram.

I am designing a jersey for my team and would like to know if you can send the pants of that jersey. If you can it's ok I understand."

like what? He is flat out telling me that he is going to steal my design? and then asking me to give him more? I'm extremely confused/irritated

I know this was a while ago, but for something like this my guess is he thinks you simply create these concepts for fun and your intention is to share them with everyone.

I don't use instagram, but for those of you having your stuff stolen. Few questions, are the people stealing this stuff for financial gain? Not making money, just presenting it as their own design?

Secondly, are you putting watermarks on your work? Are these people using your stuff with the watermarks or are they able to remove the watermarks?

Earlier this week, the Washington Redskins posted a pic of my Man Cave on their Facebook page. They apparently pulled the pic from my website. (http://stevebcreations.com/redskins-man-cave/)

This morning I discovered that there was article about the man behind the Man Cave on the team's official website. Someone else totally took credit for my work.

I've since spoke to the writer of the article and he has pulled down both the Facebook post and the article on the guy claiming my Man Cave as his own. I also posted on Twitter a pic of me in said Man Cave...

2015-02-14-11-05-43.jpg

I'm not a huge self promoter, but it really pisses me off that someone would be so brazen and take credit for someone else's work.

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know exactly how I could report trademark infringement to the NBA. I'm really tired of this "company" that is selling outright NBA logos and players on their products while other companies lose business to them because they don't want to commit that crime?

Anyone know?

Earlier this week, the Washington Redskins posted a pic of my Man Cave on their Facebook page. They apparently pulled the pic from my website. (http://stevebcreations.com/redskins-man-cave/)

This morning I discovered that there was article about the man behind the Man Cave on the team's official website. Someone else totally took credit for my work.

I've since spoke to the writer of the article and he has pulled down both the Facebook post and the article on the guy claiming my Man Cave as his own. I also posted on Twitter a pic of me in said Man Cave...

2015-02-14-11-05-43.jpg

I'm not a huge self promoter, but it really pisses me off that someone would be so brazen and take credit for someone else's work.

That is a bit on the creepy side. Congrats on the Redskins posting that though.

• Like 1

jaker52sig.png

signatureofteams.jpg

MUNCHEN LOWEN (WAFA) GULF SHORES OSPREYS (IBL)

• 1 month later...

thanks to Buc for finding this guy on behance. he has 3 days to remove the project before things get really interesting for him.

XOjEwIE.png

lqBrO0m.png

As far as I can tell, all they did was remove the star?

I wish logo thieves would be a little more creative at least...

bufg.png

thanks to Buc for finding this guy on behance. he has 3 days to remove the project before things get really interesting for him.

XOjEwIE.png

lqBrO0m.png

People like this just make me mad. Make your own logo for Christ's sake. I'm not a Graphic Designer but when it comes to posting your work online, nowadays, you have to be so, so careful. Anyways, I really like YOUR logo.

XOjEwIE.png

lqBrO0m.png

As far as I can tell, all they did was remove the star?

I wish logo thieves would be a little more creative at least...

And a terrible recoloring.

DWD_Sig_zpsbbf8ibvd.png

Forgive the quick, messy isolation of each logo, original on left and theft on right.

Thieves' adjustments: removed star, darker color, different whiskers, missing tooth, thinner mane accents, and no back-of-mouth detail. Otherwise everything is exactly the same. (Not condoning, just comparing, while exhibiting the laziness of logo thieves these days.

aujpyh.jpg

bufg.png

Forgive the quick, messy isolation of each logo, original on left and theft on right.

Thieves' adjustments: removed star, darker color, different whiskers, missing tooth, thinner mane accents, and no back-of-mouth detail. Otherwise everything is exactly the same. (Not condoning, just comparing, while exhibiting the laziness of logo thieves these days.

aujpyh.jpg

here's where it gets a bit weird. the only adjustments he made was removing the star and "recoloring" the logo. what he is actually using is an early version of the logo, the original one i used in my Behance presentation with the updated presentation as a background. (shout out to Fraser Davidson who suggested some of those final changes)

the only early version i have left is this one below with the alternate blue color i was experimenting with and the lion's head removed from the shield, thats the version he stole

XbGoLOu.png

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

aujpyh.jpg

here's where it gets a bit weird. the only adjustments he made was removing the star and "recoloring" the logo. what he is actually using is an early version of the logo, the original one i used in my Behance presentation with the updated presentation as a background. (shout out to Fraser Davidson who suggested some of those final changes)

the only early version i have left is this one below with the alternate blue color i was experimenting with and the lion's head removed from the shield, thats the version he stole

XbGoLOu.png

We're at May 27 - two days in? I'm DYING to see what happens by the end of tomorrow if it's still up.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Those weren't the only adjusments. As previously mentioned, he tried changing the mouth and whiskers as well. Must have thought that constituted enough change to pass as his own. Failing miserably in the process.

no, he didnt re-draw anything, it's just a cover up of the star and color adjustment. i never kept files of the original logo release within the shield, which is the one he ripped.

GRAPHIC ARTIST

just a situational update, i filed an abuse report with Behance. i read through their terms of use and it didn't say anything about the actions they would take in the matter, just the typical "you agree work is yours and original" disclaimers and how to go about the process. i'll assume the work will be removed from behance, which is al i'm really after, and/or user profile deleted.

GRAPHIC ARTIST