NBAxSoccer Crossover: ATL/TOR UPDATES

BlackBolt3

NBAxSoccer2.png
So, since crossovers are the hot thing here now, I'll throw my hat into the ring. First off, some clarification:
1. Adidas will still be league wide supplier.
2. Secondary logos will be primarily used, or new logos all together. (A basketball in a soccer concept won't do.)
3. Current and Throwback uniforms are all in play.
4. While a uniform set may share characteristics, no two kits are alike.

All current number fonts are by Conrad.

Without further ado, the Atlanta Hawks:
ATLHawksSoccerPre.png
I had a lot of options here. For the home, I took the side panels off the current uniform, and made it a sash. The '90s uniforms had a influence in the away, with a subliminated Hawk on the front. And the alternate is a full throwback to the '80s, old logo and all.

I'll have Boston up later.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like it, the logo works well on a soccer ki (Celtic FC, Panathinaikos to name a few). The Celtic jerseys translate well into a soccer kit, and I'm glad you stayed away from Green hoops to avoid clash with Celtic FC. Also, I think there are too many stars present, typically when a team has won that many, they narrow it down. For example for my Toronto Maple Leafs crossover, I used 3 stars instead of 13 because it was just too clashing. Another approach could be stars wrapped around the entire crest to not take away from the whole kit.

Not really feeling the hawks crest but there wasn't much you could do so I understand, doesnt look too foreign though so I guess it works - kinda reminds me of the NASL in the 70's for some reason.

BROOKLYN NETS:

BRKNetsSoccerPre.png

The herringbone pattern on the actual uniforms, while subtile, is a real good look for them, so I had to put them on the uniforms. The alternate goes back to the old NJ Nets first round of uniforms.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

I really like how the third hints at the offset 1980's Nets jerseys, I knew what it was inspired by right away. Although unlikely adidas would do that, it's still pretty cool.

Awesome job, love how you used the old jerseys as influences, I can totally see them in the uniforms! And also smart idea by using the arenas sponsor as the sponsor for the team... But what about MSG?

Chase, probably.

Thanks for all the kind words, everybody. I have something real special for Charlotte tomorrow, that I think you will like. I know I do...

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

CHARLOTTE HORNETS:

CharHornetsSoccerPre-1.png

What I can say started this whole series, the Hornets had a lot to offer. One thing that I love about the official Charlotte color scheme is that it is all cool shades, which really gives a semi-gradient feel. That combined with the honey comb is what made the home kit. Current pinstripe is in the away set. The alternate is just a straight up pinstriped jersey.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Archived