Best NCAA FCS logo

damnyoutuesday

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stephen F. Austin:

QIV0wsB.jpg

While I am a fan of SFA's ol sarge A&M copy cat logo, here is their current logo. The removed red as the accent color and replaced it with grey. Major downgrade IMO, especially when another Southland Conference team (Central Arkansas) uses the exact same colors.

sfa1.jpg

Ladies and gentlemen, the University of the Incarnate Word:

1617_incarnate_word__cardinals-primary-2

Meh, it's alright, but I don't think it's one of the best.

I like it a lot because of the motion shown in the logo.

This is how you show motion in a logo (here is looking at you Jacksonville Jags)

Stephen F. Austin:

QIV0wsB.jpg

While I am a fan of SFA's ol sarge A&M copy cat logo, here is their current logo. The removed red as the accent color and replaced it with grey. Major downgrade IMO, especially when another Southland Conference team (Central Arkansas) uses the exact same colors.

sfa1.jpg

I must say, I really like purple and red together... I know TCU has been incorporating red lately, but now SFA looks like they're lifting from the Frogs.

tumblr_static_udel.gif

What is the blue signature looking thing on the bottom left say? I see a U and D, but what does that first word say?

Apparently it is the signature for Delaware's mascot. HER name is YoUDeeee

FTFY.

Delaware's mascot is a "she", as hens are female. And as far as I know, she's the only mascot the school has. (I know some schools have separate mascots for their male and female athletics programs, but aside from UL Lafayette, I think YouDee is the only female D-1 mascot who serves as the only mascot for the school.)

(I could be wrong about that, though.)

Never seen this. That's probably the best cardinal logo I've ever seen...

...if cardinals had red beaks.

220px-Northern_Cardinal_Broadside.jpg

All the ones with yellow beaks are technically wrong.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

tumblr_static_udel.gif

What is the blue signature looking thing on the bottom left say? I see a U and D, but what does that first word say?

Apparently it is the signature for Delaware's mascot. HER name is YoUDeeee

FTFY.

Delaware's mascot is a "she", as hens are female. And as far as I know, she's the only mascot the school has. (I know some schools have separate mascots for their male and female athletics programs, but aside from UL Lafayette, I think YouDee is the only female D-1 mascot who serves as the only mascot for the school.)

(I could be wrong about that, though.)

TECHNICALLY, it's "blue hen chicken" which means you can have a male blue hen....doesn't mean that the mascot isn't female though. That I have no idea about.

gYH2mW9.png

It's hard to stand out when your mascot is a generic big cat, but Towson pulls it off.

TowsonTigers.png

I have to agree with you here. The lettering and the cat are rendered in such a unique way for such a generic overused mascot. One of my favorite logos, period.

I have never understood the love for North Dakota State's logo. I find the head somewhat awkward and the full body bison is so stationary. Plus it's mostly yellow and slapped on a yellow helmet with no white border so from afar, the detail gets lost.

Never seen this. That's probably the best cardinal logo I've ever seen...

...if cardinals had red beaks.

220px-Northern_Cardinal_Broadside.jpg

All the ones with yellow beaks are technically wrong.

They say you learn something new every day...in this case, it's true. I had no idea...thank you. That's what I get for relying on the St Louis Cardinals, the Louisville Cardinals, and the Arizona Cardinals for logo accuracy.

aboutpage.gif

I'm a fan of the Griffin, though I'm as student at William and Mary so I might be biased

Huh? A Griffin for the Tribe!? I get they wanna be all PC and everything, but this makes no sense to me...

Yep, a Griffin...because the NCAA objected to a feather.

To expand on this: We used to be the Indians, with a WM logo with two feathers. The name was banned by the NCAA, so we switched to Tribe under the idea that it isn't referring specifically to Indians or any culture. That was OK, but the feathers had to go. So the school conducted a poll where alumnus could submit names. The 5 finalists were a pug, a wren (There's a famous building on our campus called the Wren building), a king and queen (A dual-mascot), a phoenix, and, of course, the griffin. President Reely chose the the Griffin because it has the body of a lion (William and Mary was chartered by Queen Mary and King William, the lion was the royal seal of Britain) and the body of an eagle (America's animal, and since countless founding father's and three Presidents went there WM played a huge role in the founding of America). Plus, Griffin's are often the guardians of treasure and WM is a treasure (President's words, not mine). And, Griffins are awesome and WM is awesome (Again, President's words, not mine).

And despite the fact that Griffins have wings and feathers, WM is not allowed to put feathers on their logo. Because the NCAA makes sense

aboutpage.gif

I'm a fan of the Griffin, though I'm as student at William and Mary so I might be biased

Huh? A Griffin for the Tribe!? I get they wanna be all PC and everything, but this makes no sense to me...

Yep, a Griffin...because the NCAA objected to a feather.

To expand on this: We used to be the Indians, with a WM logo with two feathers. The name was banned by the NCAA, so we switched to Tribe under the idea that it isn't referring specifically to Indians or any culture. That was OK, but the feathers had to go. So the school conducted a poll where alumnus could submit names. The 5 finalists were a pug, a wren (There's a famous building on our campus called the Wren building), a king and queen (A dual-mascot), a phoenix, and, of course, the griffin. President Reely chose the the Griffin because it has the body of a lion (William and Mary was chartered by Queen Mary and King William, the lion was the royal seal of Britain) and the body of an eagle (America's animal, and since countless founding father's and three Presidents went there WM played a huge role in the founding of America). Plus, Griffin's are often the guardians of treasure and WM is a treasure (President's words, not mine). And, Griffins are awesome and WM is awesome (Again, President's words, not mine).

And despite the fact that Griffins have wings and feathers, WM is not allowed to put feathers on their logo. Because the NCAA makes sense

The King and Queen would have been much better imo.

I like this Colgate logo.

Colgate_Raiders.gif

Drake has a cool one as well

d8afa8tlhtenwz7q90sfsu46h.gif

Eastern Washington:

6878.png

Archived