– UPDATE – 2015 MLB All-Star Game Logo

Go Red Sox!

While being busy at work and working on an old concept (American Eagles) and another brand redesign, I thought about uploading my version of the 2015 All-Star Game logo, to be hosted at Great American Ball Park, Cincinnati. I finished this one one and a half months ago before the official one was published recently. Thoughts?

2015MLBAll-Star-LogoReds_zps2906215b.jpg

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

I think the stacks need to be made smaller to make ASG take more of the focus, plus as Concepts_SM said the top half is pretty empty. They're too tall when compared to the main part of the logo, which to me is the ASG section below. Also, the Reds mark is too small within the context of the logo...it would be hardly noticeable on a hat or patch. That should either get bigger or the "C" logo should be used instead somewhere in the design. I would also try using white letters outlined in either black or red instead--the black is just a little hard to read coming off the red background and making them white could really help.

Just my opinions. Very cool idea though--love the steamboat stacks being the featured element.

This is good, just seems too elongated vertically...there is a lot of negative space in the upper half of the logo. I'm working on something similar right now too

Yup, the negative space. That emptiness in that area between the stacks was the reason why I didn't upload the whole thing six weeks ago.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

I like it. It would've been cool if the real life one used the steamboats, so thank you for sharing that idea with us.

Thank you, you're welcome! Weeks ago when I started my version of the logo, I asked myself whether they'd use the stacks in their official logo or not. Just thought it's THE distinctive feature of GABP, like the Liberty Bell at Citizens Bank Park. I just think that the stacks actually scream being part of a logo like this. Not saying that I like my version better than the official one, but quite frankly, I expected a little more creativity from the respective design department. I like it, but it's nothing spectacular at all.

Great! Just remove the reds word mark because you don't want to highlight one team. Put Cincinnati in there instead

Great! Just remove the reds word mark because you don't want to highlight one team. Put Cincinnati in there instead

Thank you! Team logos – or at least the respective word marks – have occasionally been part of All-Star Game logos in the past, e.g. the 2009 logo (St. Louis) or the 2014 logo (Twins).

UPDATE:

– Bottom part of the logo enlarged

– Thicker white outline around text to gain better readability

– "Reds" removed, large (Reds) "C" placed in between stacks to reduce emptiness in the upper part of the logo

Thoughts?

2015MLBAll-Star-LogoReds_zps2906215b.jpg2015MLBAll-Star-LogoRedsupd_zps5f78c58a.

Update is better, but I feel it's just too stagnant. I think doing what someone above posted and having a ball going through the smoke stacks would give it some motion and action.

Also not sure about having the wishbone C touching the MLB logo.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

UPDATE:

– Bottom part of the logo enlarged

– Thicker white outline around text to gain better readability

– "Reds" removed, large (Reds) "C" placed in between stacks to reduce emptiness in the upper part of the logo

Thoughts?

2015MLBAll-Star-LogoReds_zps2906215b.jpg2015MLBAll-Star-LogoRedsupd_zps5f78c58a.

Much better!

bHQC6nd.png?1

1mcUFXN.png?1

Update is better, but I feel it's just too stagnant. I think doing what someone above posted and having a ball going through the smoke stacks would give it some motion and action.

Also not sure about having the wishbone C touching the MLB logo.

Okay. So that's gonna be my next edit!

I like when the logo is somewhat hidden cuz you don't say it's the reds' all star game... You'd say the game is in Cincinnati this year... Putting the logo up front and center pretty much singles out that host team, kind of showin them off in a way... I think the logo needs personality to represent the city, not the team

Archived