Sports Video Games

TorinK92

Fifa 15 trailer

Stadiums!! All the English top flight teams at least have real stadiums. Here's a link to all of the English stadiums in game. The players and animations look really good too. the Ignite engine will also be on the PC version as well as the PS4 and X-Box One.

I got to admit, it looks miles better than last years game already.

It also comes out on my birthday, so you know what I'm asking for :P

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it too much to ask for the referee spraying out the 10 yard marker on free kicks to be in this year's game?

CITY-JP-SPRAY-articleLarge.jpg

It wil be in this year's Premier League after all - and the goal line system used in the World Cup which will be featured on the game is different to that used by the premier league referees..

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

FIFA15 looks miles better than FIFA14. I can't wait for it to come out because it is going to look amazing on my new PS4. I love the fact that they have added realism to it with broadcast graphics, realistic actual club stadiums, supporter and player reactions to plays in a match, character likeness almost like watching a live match. The goal line technology is a nice touch but for the referee spray, that will come out during a mid-season update for the game most likely.

Who's up for getting an online FIFA15 league together? :P

I always wished the FIFA games had a difficulty level between Semi-Pro and Professional, I'm always stuck in between those two on every game, which is a pain if you don't like playing online. (Like me)

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I'm the same way, I normally play between professional and semi-professional difficulty levels. I enjoy playing online in the leagues and tournaments myself. Its always good to put up my skills against another human competitor somewhere in the world.

I always wished the FIFA games had a difficulty level between Semi-Pro and Professional, I'm always stuck in between those two on every game, which is a pain if you don't like playing online. (Like me)

I usually use sliders, just to make the AI a little bit better, and my defense a little bit worse. It evens out winning every game 6-0 in semi-pro to having every game 0-0 or a 1-0 loss in professional.

I usually use sliders, just to make the AI a little bit better, and my defense a little bit worse. It evens out winning every game 6-0 in semi-pro to having every game 0-0 or a 1-0 loss in professional.

Yeah, that's what I usually do, but finding a good slider set isn't always the easiest thing in the world.

Yeah. I'm myself between Professional and World Class which really kind of blows. Like, I shouldn't be able to win the Bundesliga title with Köln in the first year back in the top-flight by only accruing one loss and conceding fewer 15 goals per season but at the same time, I also shouldn't get played off the pitch by a Championship side in the cup with Villa.

Probably going to go for someone like Roma in my next CM at that level so I can learn to play at that next level.

As another suggestion, I'd look at lengthening the match if you're stepping up a level to keep scoring at somewhat alright levels. Whenever I've gone for World Class, I always go for six-minute halves rather than the five I use at Professional.

(And always remember, the through ball is your friend. ;))

6fQjS3M.png

Yes AC you are crazy playing 10 minutes halves ;) I normally play either 5 or 6 minute halves. It's gives you enough time per half to create numerous chances throughout. Agreed Carson, the throughball is your friend, so is the counter attack ;)

What console does everyone play FIFA14 on: PS3 or XBOX? I've beard both sides of the coin which console is better for FIFA14, though I think the online portion is better with PS3 due to the FIFA Interactive World Cup competition. FIFA15 is going to look amazing on PS4/XBoX One.

In other news, Hull City qualify for the Europa League Play-off Round draw tomorrow morning. That's excellent for Hull and their top supporter Jaffa.

Big news for the sports gaming community with Madden 15 and NBA 2k15:

NBA 2k15

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2155867-nba-2k15-announces-myleague-reveals-new-trailer-starring-kevin-durant

Madden 15

http://www.operationsports.com/features/1928/madden-nfl-15-everything-you-need-to-know-about-connected-franchise/

-----

It looks like NBA 2k15 outdid itself again by making their game the frontrunner of sports games again for the 2015 season. Madden 15's retuning of CFM is impressive, but NBA's revolutionary construction of My league makes Madden's new features look sub-par.

Personally, I may be getting both this year. With NCAA gone, I have dcided to switch back to madden after 3 years. The game will probably look fantastic from a guy who has taken a break for 3 years and still has a passion for pro-football gaming, but for any person that played Madden 25, they will probably be disappointed.

I've never been a huge NBA fan but this franchise mode doesn't seem like something I can pass up.

Am I crazy for playing ten minute halves?

I play 7 minute halves on Semi-Pro, and 8 on Professional. It's far from crazy in my book.

Big news for the sports gaming community with Madden 15 and NBA 2k15:

NBA 2k15

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2155867-nba-2k15-announces-myleague-reveals-new-trailer-starring-kevin-durant

Madden 15

http://www.operationsports.com/features/1928/madden-nfl-15-everything-you-need-to-know-about-connected-franchise/

-----

It looks like NBA 2k15 outdid itself again by making their game the frontrunner of sports games again for the 2015 season. Madden 15's retuning of CFM is impressive, but NBA's revolutionary construction of My league makes Madden's new features look sub-par.

Personally, I may be getting both this year. With NCAA gone, I have dcided to switch back to madden after 3 years. The game will probably look fantastic from a guy who has taken a break for 3 years and still has a passion for pro-football gaming, but for any person that played Madden 25, they will probably be disappointed.

I've never been a huge NBA fan but this franchise mode doesn't seem like something I can pass up.

I'm not getting either, Madden 25 was alright, but I usually only get one per every 3-4 years anyway. And 2k's really taken a step down the past few years, 2k11-2k13 were all pretty good games. But I hated 2k14, it basically ruined MyTeam, making sure everyone could get an all-gold team at the flip of a switch, and the gameplay itself was a downgrade from 13's.

Hey guys, went ahead and split this off from the rest of the international football discussion. I know we've got a "THE Video Game Thread" already but figured having one specifically for sports video games in SiG made sense.

And hell, I had one game where I had 19 shots on target playing five-minute halves on Professional. And I still only scored 3 goals. ^_^

I might go to 7 or 8 minutes playing on World Class to get the chances a little closer to right on that end but I still give up 10+ chances regularly at that level with 6.

And counterattacking is fun on World Class. Like when you have 3 shots all game against Arsenal's 15 yet still beat them 1-0. :P

6fQjS3M.png

Judging by what we're seeing out of FIFA 15, NBA 2K15, and NHL 15, I'm eagerly anticipating getting a PS4 and playing them. All 3 of them look very good at this point. I'll also probably get Madden this season as I've gone pretty much 3 seasons without it and it looks pretty solid so far, too.

oEQ0ySg.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29 // College Crosse: Where I write, chat, and infograph lacrosse

Archived