Old Uniforms That Are Better Than Their Modern Counterparts

Tigers6884

Iverson era 76ers unis every day over this generic bullcrap that they wear now.

Oh yea! Because nothing reflects the spirit of American independence and a team named after 1776 like the colors black and gold!
Red and blue were secondary colors and they had a glorious blue alternate and a briefly a red one. Maybe it's just the nostalgia talking but I'd take a unique creative design with colors that have next to nothing to do with the name then the proper colors but boring uniforms.

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot find anything pleasing about the old Mavericks or the inaugural Bucks logo.

The current Mavs logo is an overdesigned, dated piece of crap. I'd much rather see the old logo come back. The green and white set was awesome. The blue and white set, with the italicized wordmarks, were a step down.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2473.jpg

That was the best uniform the Bengals ever had. Their original uniforms were pretty bland. Their current sets are too busy.

Personally, I'd lose the tiger on the sleeve however.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

I like the current Mavs look over their original. Though i think they should have a blue and green retro style as an alternate.

Warriors

run_tmc_wallpaper_by_sanoinoi-d7eqexf.jp

Screen-Shot-2013-07-15-at-10.32.51-AM.pn

90s Rockets and 90s Magic over their current.

I really like the Hardaway jerseys, but the overall uniform/logo for the current one is better than those other ones.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

90s Rockets and 90s Magic over their current.

ED9598ED82B4EB8C80_EC83A4ED81AC6.jpg

2.jpg

Fraud protection?

Frog protection.

We're totally on the same page - those Rockets 1994 and 1995 championship-era uniforms were fabulous. Hell, they were fabulous when Robert Reid (1986) and Moses Malone (1981) were wearing them.

I really liked the 1997-1999 set too...and wish the hats would be for sale somewhere... the overall aesthetic was great, especially on cold days and long sleeves.

Agreed. I definitely prefer the BiG-era colors, but if they MUST keep the current colors, those 1997-99 sets are definitely the way to go.

2473.jpg

That was the best uniform the Bengals ever had. Their original uniforms were pretty bland. Their current sets are too busy.

I wonder what the Bengals would look like if they wore these jerseys sans the tiger on the sleeves and basically straight matched the pants with the helmet instead of white pants with the tiger striping down the side.

2473.jpg

I wonder what the Bengals would look like if they wore these jerseys sans the tiger on the sleeves and basically straight matched the pants with the helmet instead of white pants with the tiger striping down the side.

Probably would look pretty gaudy. The white pants were a good choice.

I definitely preferred the uniform pre-tiger on the sleeves. They already were adorned with tiger stripes. Adding the tiger seemed like overkill.

I also feel like (and I could be wrong) the tiger stripes got thicker in the "tiger on sleeve" set. I liked the thinner, more numerous stripes on the pants/shoulders.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

I definitely preferred the uniform pre-tiger on the sleeves. They already were adorned with tiger stripes. Adding the tiger seemed like overkill.

I also feel like (and I could be wrong) the tiger stripes got thicker in the "tiger on sleeve" set. I liked the thinner, more numerous stripes on the pants/shoulders.

boomer_esiason_1986_11_23.jpg

You are exactly right about the tiger stripes becoming thicker in 1997 with the addition of the bengal logo. I remember seeing that particular change being published either in a press release or the NFL Catalog (explaining new uni changes...back when catalogs were awesome)

Archived