New Pro Sport, New League, New Logos

erico555

This may be old news, but I couldn't locate a topic for this so I will start a new one...

An old friend works in television production on this type of crossfit sport and they are taking it to the next level by doing this...

https://www.npgl.com/

what-is-npfl.jpg

What does everyone think of the logos? I am partial to the Founders name and logo!

Yeah the founders name is a great take on the cliche revolutionary-era references that seem to always get used for new Phila team names. I'm surprised it hasn't been used elsewhere yet.

The rest sound childish or generic.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Competitive working out...I don't get it.

Founders name and logo are great, shame it's wasted on a "sport". The rest, as BBTV said are pretty generic. Fire and Rhinos are the next best looking of the bunch. Reign and Iron are just plain awful, and I read Phoenix as "RVSE", not RISE.

I'll preface this by saying, that "Team CrossFit" is probably one of the dumbest things I think I've ever heard of. CF has become like some out of control cult at this point.

The names/logos are all sort of cliched and have a very generic. made-up "video game team" kind of feel to them. I'll echo the others in here and say the "Founders" name is probably the only one with at least some creativity to it.

The bevelling is nicely done on the lettering in the Fire logo, but the dragon doesn't look like he's breathing fire. He looks like he's spitting up milk.

The Rhinos logo is one of the best of the bunch, but the motion lines are incongruous with the fact that three of the rhino's legs look to be firmly planted on the ground.

Never really liked the font that the Reign logo uses.

Yeah looks like Los Angeles Aeign to me.

Founders logo is absolutely beautiful. The rest are... meh. Like said above the Fire is nice but the white stuff coming out of his mouth is definitely throwing me off. I was thinking the Rhinos were the best until officeglen brought up the fact of the contradicting motion lines and legs. I also like the stand alone torch in the Rise logo. Just hate the name and how they try and use it as the "I".

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

I used the name Philadelphia Founders in a fake basketball league project I did years and years ago when I was still making concepts in MS paint. My logo was a dumb liberty ball with basketball hybrid.

I've always thought it was a good name.

The rest of them aren't worth the megabytes they're sitting on.

PvO6ZWJ.png

they're all pretty much C+ logos, about what i'd expect from a new "sport" "league" that tries to make gym fitness entertaining for spectators.... good luck with that, ha.

always fun to start leagues, this is the stuff that fueled my childhood imagination.

but seriously, crossfit as a spectator sport?? come on, waste of time and money.

fall is for football, duh!

Archived