High School Football Redesigns

NH4

Hey guys I've been on this site for about 7 years but I only found the concepts this past year. But this is my first time posting to the concepts because I did not know how to use photoshop until a few weeks ago. I know that the forum has had some concepts that lack a lot so that is why I did not want to post something crappy. I don't play football (I play volleyball) but am still a huge football and uniform fan so I will try to recreate what a football player would want to play in.

High School football is beginning across the nation and I wanted to redesign uniforms for my high school (Appleton North, WI) and the whole conference. But I thought that you guys would get bored looking at teams you have never heard of. So I have 4 teams already done and after I show them here I will take requests. I will include home and away uniforms, maybe an alt., and a "My Hometown" uniform which is a one game uniform, probably homecoming. So here we go.

Appleton North Lightning

What they wear now:

BrentJumping.jpg177614-football-appleton-north-kimberly-

They basically are a Chargers copy. But this year they have changed to gold helmets (which will be different for the first time in 20 years) and new uniforms.

My design:

AppletonNorthFootballHome_zps0391ba72.pnAppletonNorthFootballHome2_zps2ca01058.pAppletonNorthFootballAway_zps35789abb.pnAppletonNorthFootballAway2_zpsdd891915.pAppletonNorthFootballAlternate_zpse05b79AppletonNorthFootballAlternate2_zpsa4925AppletonNorthFootballAlternate3_zps19541AppletonNorthFootballHelmet_zps3284b4d1.

Clarity: The team always goes monochrome at home and away so that's why no white home pants and no blue away pants.

Gold cleats: I know it's not the right shade but it's high school and flashy is high school.

Stripes on regular jerseys moved to work with template better.

Changes: I don't know about the helmet stripe. It seems kind of forced.

Credit goes out to Conrad for the fonts, dsaline97 for the helmet, and dmhtfld for the UA template.

C&C would be so helpful on this. Thanks guys

My Hometown: The "Pro Combat" of this series. I wanted to do a throwback that also was modern.

Stripes: Enlarged on the shoulder for a throwback feel.

Pants: Old lightning bolt.

Helmet: Back to navy but a lightning pattern around it. Also a 2 tone facemask for flash.

AppletonNorthMyHometownFootballUniform_zAppletonNorthFootballMyHometownHelmet_zp

Use the "my hometown" numbers on all the jerseys

Could you do New Holstein Huskies (Colors: Maroon,White)

How's this?

AppletonNorthFootballHome_zps244689a5.pn

And New Holstein will be the next one I do after I post the next 3.

Give a little spacing on the numbers too but a great look out the gate.

Thanks. I can see where the spacing could be a problem

That's sick I used to live in neenah so it's cool to see some Wisconsin teams!

Thanks man and yeah I was gonna do Neenah but decided not to.

So my photoshop has not been working after I posted these so I'm gonna go ahead and post the next school and once it starts to work again I'll make the changes.

APPLETON WEST TERRORS

What they wear know:

west_zps6d0d0a6b.jpgwest_zpsb6dbce0e.jpg

It's a very conventional uniform but for the school used to be known as just Appleton High School and being the oldest public high school in the city I can see why. They have not had good football team's of late but I still like the current set, except for the orange home jerseys and the inconsistencies in striping. Oh and a terror is the "Mix between a wolf and a fox" because Appleton is located between the Wolf River and the Fox River event though the Wolf is about 45 min away.

My Design:

AppletonWestFootballHome_zps1291633c.png

AppletonWestFootballHome2_zps3cecbb14.pn

AppletonWestFootballAway3_zps8324526a.pn

AppletonWestFootballAway2_zps6fa85d44.pn

AppletonWestFootballAway_zpse88af758.png

AppletonWestFootballHelmet_zps8fc8f640.p\

Clarity: The stripes I tried to mimic the logo. Small top, big middle, small bottom.

Went with the Auburn treatment because Auburn's stripes get cut off at the bottom because of the template.

Orange facemask for a unique identity

My Hometown: I couldn't decide if I should do a throwback to the olden days or go modern, so I kind of did both.

Helmet: The Boise State treatment because I wanted the fox head but I wanted to keep the throwback feel.

Jersey: Very plain but a hardworking font because it is not in the best part of the city but the people are hardworking

Pants: Kept the normal stripe but had an idea to wrap it around for some reason.

AppletonWestFootballMyHometown_zps563d6b

AppletonWestFootballMyHometownHelmet_zps

Out of all the Wisconsin high schools, Appleton North and Appleton West were always two of my favorite identities. Love your alt helmet for North, although I think it'd be even better with the logo on the back, like Oregon.

Any chance you want to take a stab at my alma mater, Milwaukee Riverside (known locally as Riverside University High School, RUHS, or just Riverside)? Colors are orange and black, official nickname is Tigers (sometimes Mighty Tigers), but a lot of students and alums refer to it as "R-House" which I think would be perfect for the "hometown" unis you're doing.

Out of all the Wisconsin high schools, Appleton North and Appleton West were always two of my favorite identities. Love your alt helmet for North, although I think it'd be even better with the logo on the back, like Oregon.

Any chance you want to take a stab at my alma mater, Milwaukee Riverside (known locally as Riverside University High School, RUHS, or just Riverside)? Colors are orange and black, official nickname is Tigers (sometimes Mighty Tigers), but a lot of students and alums refer to it as "R-House" which I think would be perfect for the "hometown" unis you're doing

I tried the Oregon thing but it looked plain. And yeah I'll see what I could do for Riverside.

These look great so far.

Once you're done with the "Fox Valley Association" conference, could you stay in the same area and do the "Eastern Valley Conference"?

Thanks. I already have FVL done but is there a specific team you want?

These look great so far.

Once you're done with the "Fox Valley Association" conference, could you stay in the same area and do the "Eastern Valley Conference"?

I was going to say FVL, but could you also do Berlin? Berlin is the Indians but I think they might be going without a nickname or changing their nickname soon because of the stupid PC laws in Wisconsin over Native American nicknames.

JeKhnr9.png

These look great so far.

I was going to say FVL, but could you also do Berlin? Berlin is the Indians but I think they might be going without a nickname or changing their nickname soon because of the stupid PC laws in Wisconsin over Native American nicknames.

I also hope Berlin keeps the name but I'll see what I can do. In the meantime here's FVL.

FOX VALLEY LUTHERAN FOXES

What they wear know:

west_zps07e9db1a.jpg

My Design:

FVLHome_zps7617c52d.png

FVLHome2_zpsd3eb219b.png

FVLAway_zpse8f14852.png

FVLAway2_zps0cb4a0c5.png

FVLAlt2_zpsdddcc75d.png

FVLAlt_zps354c4d4b.png

FVLHelmet_zps9d316752.png

Clarity: Sublimate is the theme of this, I tried to make it like Baylor's claws. The paws and the crosses aren't supposed to be flashy but are supposed to be noticed.

Paw on back of helmet will have # like Cal.

I know it's plain and probably a step back from my other concepts but I really like FVL's current uniforms

My Hometown: Helmet: Always thought a grey helmet would look good. Claw=stripe

Jerseys: Crosses move up to sleeve but only on right side. Number font for an old church feeling

Pants: Cross only on right side also

FVLMyHometown_zps2c1afa69.png

Just a few comments on FVL...

1. Don't use 12 for the numbers because if you used 22 or 88 or another wider number it wouldn't fit.

2. Too many crosses. I wouldn't have them on the pants, but the under-shirt sleeve is good.

3. I would make the paw logos on the shoulders more visible.

4. I just saw this picture today: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Bs1Z2T2IEAEy4r_.jpg:large. They got new jerseys this season, but I don't know what the away jersey, pants, or helmet look like.

JeKhnr9.png

FVL looks pretty good as they are (hell, all the Appleton schools are looking good these days!). I'd try to stick to that as much as possible while making your design elements more sublimiated, like the crosses on the pants, or the paw prints on the shoulders.

These look great so far.

2010-03-24-cry_baby.jpg

Indians is as generic a nickname as Panthers or Tigers. Goodness forbid a school in a town that's 0.6% Native American should be forced to choose an identity that's actually relevant to their community.

Archived