Converse Chuck Taylor All-Stars Super Bowl Editions

ForwardProgress

I've had the idea of Super Bowl themed sneakers for a while and a couple years ago I drew up the first three games.

The basic template / format is one shoe is styled after the winning team's helmet and uniforms and the other shoe is styled after the losing team's helmet and uniforms. The final score is on the back of each shoe in a scoreboard font and the Super Bowl logo for that year appears on the inside side of each shoe. (The team logos are on the outside and face out.)

Here is Super Bowl I:

5ec55f091b5ebf961bacc1312784cd4c.jpg

Here is Super Bowl II:

f43294616630ac7d84e03b848f53a7a5.jpg

And here is Super Bowl III:

4ccdc3673084d42cde3bb568ea17b428.jpg

I'd love to hear what you guys think! :)

I would never wear these, because its way too flashy for my style, but I love the idea. The one thing that I would change is to use the logo from the time period of the specific Super Bowl rather than the modern one. It would give it a more authentic feel.

championship_banners_sig_by_verasthebruj

History of a Fictional Football League (1989)

Thread - Logos - Uniforms - History

Really good idea would love to see something like this in the real world.

I would suggest two things though. First, Slap the Super Bowl logo on the tongue top of both shoes to better tie the shoes together(haha puns) Secondly, I'd try to keep the soles and toe pieces white on all of them. The Chiefs shoe looks the most authentic being most like traditional Chucks. Shouldn't be too hard as all the teams have white in their scheme. Great work!

I would never wear these, because its way too flashy for my style, but I love the idea. The one thing that I would change is to use the logo from the time period of the specific Super Bowl rather than the modern one. It would give it a more authentic feel.

He is using time period specific logos. All of those teams featured so far(besides the Jets) have logos that haven't been change in nearly 50 years.

Anyways, this is such a cool concept. I wonder what the Seahawks ones are gonna look like.

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

Here is Super Bowl II:

f43294616630ac7d84e03b848f53a7a5.jpg

I'd love to hear what you guys think! :)

Obviously I'm a huge Packers fan, but my grandfather's cousin, Dave Kocourek, played tight end for the Raiders in this game. I need these to exist in the worst way!

He is using time period specific logos. All of those teams featured so far(besides the Jets) have logos that haven't been change in nearly 50 years.

Anyways, this is such a cool concept. I wonder what the Seahawks ones are gonna look like.

I was talking about primary logos, not helmet logos. The Chiefs and Colts both had different primary logos at the time.

championship_banners_sig_by_verasthebruj

History of a Fictional Football League (1989)

Thread - Logos - Uniforms - History

I was talking about primary logos, not helmet logos. The Chiefs and Colts both had different primary logos at the time.

For this project the shoes are supposed to resemble the helmets worn by each team in the Super Bowl they played in. The team logo on the side of the shoe will always be the logo that appeared on the team helmet in the game and not the team's primary logo if it is different from the one worn on the helmet. The vertical stripe or stripes on the back of each shoe are styled after the stripe or stripes doing down the middle of a team's helmet.

For the stripes on the soles, I modeled them after jersey sleeve stripes and/or pant stripes to give the shoes some extra flair and bit more team identity flavor.

Since these shoes are meant to mimic real life helmets I am now wondering how I'm going to treat the Steelers since they only have a logo on one side of their helmets and my template / format so far has the specific Super Bowl logo on the opposite side of the team helmet logo. Should I actually make some of the Steelers shoes have a blank all-black side with no Steelers logo on them at all??? (Depending on whether they won or lost the game will determine if they are the left shoe or the right shoe.) If I slap the Super Bowl logo on the top of the tongue like another person suggested above I could then put the team helmet logos on both sides and then the Steelers problem would be solved by simply putting it on only one side. Hmmmmm...

Me too I think these are awesome. I just maybe would like to see a different design for every Super Bowl appearance for the teams

The only time I will change the design of a team's shoe for another Super Bowl appearance is if they made changes to their uniform. For example, if a team made subtle changes to sleeve striping between Super Bowl appearances, that change will be reflected in the striping on the midsole. Major uniform changes (like the Patriots between Super Bowl XX and XXXI and the Broncos between their 80's Super Bowls and late 90's Super Bowls) will obviously be reflected in my sneaker designs. But if a team went to the Super Bowl two years in a row and had the same exact uniforms both seasons the design of my sneakers for that team will be virtually the same; the only differences will be the Super Bowl logo will change and the team might change from right shoe to left shoe or vice versa depending on whether or not they won or lost the game. But I understand your desire to see a different design for each appearance of each team. Like, the Bills four losses in a row, they will all be the same right shoe sneaker with just a different Super Bowl logo on them. Maybe I could somehow incorporate a way to show whether or not the team wore their color or white jersey in the game? Another idea: putting an AFL or NFL logo on them for the early Super Bowls and then an AFC or NFC logo for the rest of the Super Bowls.

Archived