MLB & Soccer Crossover (Cubs added)

jdp

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A couple notes I should have posted with the newest update.

• With regard to the crest designs, there were several teams whose logos worked well enough for soccer. If anything, I updated them to include "football" or a name change. Examples: see below, Detroit, Houston, KC, Texas. Really, I'm just giving you a heads up that not all are going to be redesigned; some are recolored, too. Truth be told, I was, in part, using this as skills practice (meaning, I recreated Houston and KC for instance, instead of just copying the image).
  • If there is a shield shape, it likely was inspired by the city or state seal, or in one instance the city flag.
  • Lastly, you'll notice I am a sucker for sublimation. I am trying to get away from that when warranted.

FYI - I'm probably going to redo the Cubs. The ideas thrown out so far were great and made me feel a little sheepish that I presented what I did.

Anywho...

Southsiders FC.

16320056490_a6478dfdc9_o.jpg

And a question: What are your thoughts on the presentation? Too much? Stick to a solid white or light gray background?

It looks pretty good, I'm a fan of retro white sox clash

That's what- She

Due to cursive, kind-of-messy nature of the inspiration logo, I decided to keep a similar font for "Southsiders."

Here's the inspiration:

2913.gif

I'm not against trying it, though. I'll see how it looks.

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

• 2 years later...
On 2/12/2015 at 11:03 AM, mamiller99 said:
On 2/12/2015 at 9:45 AM, jdp said:

A couple notes I should have posted with the newest update.

• With regard to the crest designs, there were several teams whose logos worked well enough for soccer. If anything, I updated them to include "football" or a name change. Examples: see below, Detroit, Houston, KC, Texas. Really, I'm just giving you a heads up that not all are going to be redesigned; some are recolored, too. Truth be told, I was, in part, using this as skills practice (meaning, I recreated Houston and KC for instance, instead of just copying the image).
  • If there is a shield shape, it likely was inspired by the city or state seal, or in one instance the city flag.
  • Lastly, you'll notice I am a sucker for sublimation. I am trying to get away from that when warranted.

FYI - I'm probably going to redo the Cubs. The ideas thrown out so far were great and made me feel a little sheepish that I presented what I did.

Anywho...

Southsiders FC.

16320056490_a6478dfdc9_o.jpg

And a question: What are your thoughts on the presentation? Too much? Stick to a solid white or light gray background?

It looks pretty good, I'm a fan of retro white sox clash

I'm really impressed with everything you've put together on all of these! 

When it get's to Texas Rangers time...I hope you can work in the old retro cowboy hat into the crest and on the shorts. :D

1 hour ago, TheRealCoachCarter said:

I'm really impressed with everything you've put together on all of these! 

When it get's to Texas Rangers time...I hope you can work in the old retro cowboy hat into the crest and on the shorts. :D

Dude, this thread is three years old...I don't think it's ever going to be the Rangers' time. 

I would’ve liked to see the Southsiders have white socks on both uniforms, but otherwise they look nice. I like the pinwheel pattern on the home ones.

I would also suggest that since these are soccer kits, not every team has to have a white kit. I’d also appreciate some teams with some kind of pattern on the jerseys. I don’t mean subliminations, but like stripes, hoops, sashes and such.

Archived