CCSLC COMPETITION COUNCIL 2.0

crashcarson15

The New Users thread was done away with. The New Guidelines thread covered everything that needed to be covered.

Really? I think reducing the number of pinned threads will absolutely lead to fewer bump posts, as people will be much less inclined to do so if their thread is still on the main page.

Or people could just not bump anyway because we've made it clear it goes against the guidelines we've set up.

While I am as big a fan of Conrad's fonts as anyone, is this a thread that needs to be pinned?

It should remain pinned because it's still a valuable resource for newer posters.

I'm glad to see a new council, because I hate to see things like competitions flop on here because of ill planning. If well experienced designers and members of this board can usher things along it makes everyone look better as a whole.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

I think the necessity of councils and heavier moderation is because now the board is more famous (Thanks Paul Lukas and ESPN). With more people, the odds of getting some idiots was pretty high.

We're merely trying to silence the "people of Walmart" crowd for something a bit more quality.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

• 2 weeks later...

IMO the New User thread was much better than guidelines....it said the same stuff in a more descriptive, but understandable and friendlier manner.

It was also outdated. People complained about the multitude of sticky threads, so we cut down on the duplicates. Simple as that.

Archived