Sanic

Unpopular Opinions - Anything and Everything

Sanic    23

I can't find a thread similar to this concept, so I'm gonna put this here for "because I can" reasons.

So, what's yours?

I like the smell of Sharpie and gasoline.

Orgo    64

I can't find a thread similar to this concept, so I'm gonna put this here for "because I can" reasons.

So, what's yours?

I like the smell of Sharpie and gasoline.

Guilty as charged as a kid. I think this explains my taste in sports uniforms also.

Germanshepherd    514

Nutella tastes awful.

Brave-Bird 08    510

Minus the militarized police departments, I think issues like the incident in Ferguson, Mo are stemming from an issue of prejudice to those who choose to portray themselves poorly, as well as a class issue, and not blatant racism like people and even mainstream media want it to be.

illwauk    420

Minus the militarized police departments, I think issues like the incident in Ferguson, Mo are stemming from an issue of prejudice to those who choose to portray themselves poorly, as well as a class issue, and not blatant racism like people and even mainstream media want it to be.

I think the things you're naming are bigger factors than they're given credit for, but there's still a blatantly racist component to it as well. St. Louis is one of the most segregated and polarized (politically and culturally) metro areas in the entire country. It didn't become and remain that way without some good old fashioned racial prejudice.

WSU151    2,274

I think the things you're naming are bigger factors than they're given credit for, but there's still a blatantly racist component to it as well. St. Louis is one of the most segregated and polarized (politically and culturally) metro areas in the entire country. It didn't become and remain that way without some good old fashioned racial prejudice.

So the Riots of 1917 were not "the language of the unheard"?

Orgo    64

Nutella tastes awful.

Burn this man on a stake.

I'm not too sure about how unpopular this is, but I'm okay with athlete salaries being much higher than doctors, nurses, soldiers, [insert occupation here].

pscf3    194

Nutella tastes awful.

Burn this man on a stake.

I'm not too sure about how unpopular this is, but I'm okay with athlete salaries being much higher than doctors, nurses, soldiers, [insert occupation here].

Same here. The "soilders in the army should get paid more than athletes" is the dumbest, most unfounded argument out there.

Ice_Cap    7,426

We're going to put a stop to the riot/policing talk. We have the Ferguson thread for that. Let's keep this as light hearted as possible.

I hate ketchup in general.

CS85    5,115

Nutella is good, but it's not THAT good. Peanut butter and jelly are important staples that some crappy unnatural paste will never unseat.

If you need hazelnut chocolate goop to eat something as simple and already delicious as a banana, I feel sorry for your teeth. Nutella is the new Bacon; an entity that was fine on it's own but the internet went and made it into a Norris-like tween fodder, fit only for Wal-Mart shirts and buffoons.

Lights Out    2,054

The superhero movie fad has become played out and boring.

Lights Out    2,054

I hate ketchup on french fries...

Speaking of french fries, the only condiment I like on fries (other than poutine) is - believe it or not - tartar sauce. It sounds gross but it tastes so good.

TRoyConcepts    376

I love how this topic didn't even start as an "opinion" nor "unpopular opinion". A lot of people like the smell of Sharpies and gasoline (use to like both, but now give me headaches, BTW I aint no druggy) and you should have phrased it as this "The smell of Sharpies and gasoline smells good". "I like the smell of sharpies and gasoline isn't really an opinion.

DScruggy729    265

This. When Guardians of the Galaxy gets a movie, I think they've jumped the shark.

wonderbread    382

I love how this topic didn't even start as an "opinion" nor "unpopular opinion". A lot of people like the smell of Sharpies and gasoline (use to like both, but now give me headaches, BTW I aint no druggy) and you should have phrased it as this "The smell of Sharpies and gasoline smells good". "I like the smell of sharpies and gasoline isn't really an opinion.

How is that not an opinion? In his opinion he likes the smell of sharpies.

Sanic    23

We should all keep this based on opinions, not "is it an opinion" questions.

On topic, Jeff the Killer is not that scary, in fact it's kinda funny to look at

This. When Guardians of the Galaxy gets a movie, I think they've jumped the shark.

I sort of get what you're saying, but a lot of people are saying that GotG was a very fresh take on the superhero movie. The time to make fun of it for being a nothing property has passed.