Sanic

Unpopular Opinions - Anything and Everything

jrodsep    383

The superhero movie fad has become played out and boring.

This. When Guardians of the Galaxy gets a movie, I think they've jumped the shark.

I sort of get what you're saying, but a lot of people are saying that GotG was a very fresh take on the superhero movie. The time to make fun of it for being a nothing property has passed.
The thing with GotG is that it feels less a superhero movie and more a sci-fi space comedy.

In the topic of movie, I have never understood the real excitement behind Harry Potter movies. I hate Harry Potter.

charger77    1,037

Not trying to be a jerk because the guy died, but I never found Robin Williams to be even the slightest bit funny at all. He was my most loathed comedian of all time.

waltere    288

Even more unpopular opinion: I prefer most cereals dry.

jrodsep    383

I like soggy cereal. I like it regular too, but it's not like I can only have it one way.

I prefer Captain Crunch soggy. Any other way tears apart the roof of my mouth. #middleageproblems

Ice_Cap    7,421

I don't like the taste of regular milk. My parents needed to make chocolate milk to get me to drink the stuff as a kid. It's the only kind of milk I drink to this day.

Shumway    730

I like soggy cereal. I like it regular too, but it's not like I can only have it one way.

Count me in on soggy cereal as well. I actually let mine soak for a minute or two before I start eating.

And jrodsep, that's not a middle age problem. Cap'n Crunch ruins the roof of everyone's mouth.

Count me in on soggy cereal as well. I actually let mine soak for a minute or two before I start eating.

And jrodsep, that's not a middle age problem. Cap'n Crunch ruins the roof of everyone's mouth.

I have an al dente level of preferred sogginess that's specific to each cereal. The only cereals I will eat immediately after putting the milk in are your various pebbleses... those start getting soggy before the cap is even off the milk jug. The longest I wait is for Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch; I swear it would take an hour for those things to get too soggy.

mr.nascar13    653

I hate soggy cereal. I try and eat my Honey Nut Cheerios as fast as I can before it gets too soggy.

Also, am I the only who eats Frosted Mini Wheats dry? That's the only way I'll eat them.

Another unpopular opinion: I can't stand the Halloween cereals (Count Chocula, Frankenberry, etc.) Never really liked them. Heck, basically anything that's not Frosted Mini Wheats or Honey Nut Cheerios I won't eat for breakfast cereal-wise.

infrared41    3,627

Not trying to be a jerk because the guy died, but I never found Robin Williams to be even the slightest bit funny at all. He was my most loathed comedian of all time.

I loved Robin Williams, but I totally understand what you're saying. In my case, it's Louis CK. His comedy might get an occasional chuckle out of me, but I don't get why people think he's some sort of comedic genius.

infrared41    3,627

I don't like the taste of regular milk.

First it was "Miracle." Then it was burgers. And now this? You're killing me, Mike. You're just killing me. B)

DG_Now    3,800

I loved Robin Williams, but I totally understand what you're saying. In my case, it's Louis CK. His comedy might get an occasional chuckle out of me, but I don't get why people think he's some sort of comedic genius.

Count me in as not a fan of Robin William's comedy (though I do like his dramatic acting). There were some episodes of Louie that were really, really good. Not all of them, of course, but some were pretty great. Unfortunately, that's the kind of show you need to watch a lot of before it clicks.

rickyISking    809

A steak doesn't need A1 sauce.

infrared41    3,627

Count me in as not a fan of Robin William's comedy (though I do like his dramatic acting). There were some episodes of Louie that were really, really good. Not all of them, of course, but some were pretty great. Unfortunately, that's the kind of show you need to watch a lot of before it clicks.

I prefer his acting to his standup act. Robin Williams standup act had some really great moments, but you had to sit through a little too much gibberish to get to them.

I've never watched Louie. Maybe I should give it a try.

infrared41    3,627

A steak doesn't need A1 sauce.

Actually, using A1 sauce is considered to be kind of an insult to the person who prepared the steak. I really like some steak sauces, but I try not to use them if I didn't cook the steak. Also, A1 sauce is great on French Fries.

SFGiants58    1,709

Thunderball is my least favorite James Bond movie from the "classic" period (Dr. No-License to Kill). I've always felt that it dragged in so many places, and that so many good elements are just left in the midst of dead air (i.e. Bond sneaking around in water battle). Even the lesser entries from the Moore era were at least interesting and entertaining in how bad they were (double-take pigeon, anybody?). Thunderball just felt empty.

DG_Now    3,800

Related, On Her Majesty's Secret Service is incredible, and George Lazenby was a great Bond.