Sanic

Unpopular Opinions - Anything and Everything

wildwing64    1,192

I hate ketchup on french fries...

I hate ketchup on anything. And tomatoes in general, or tomato flavoured things (even though it's a key component of BBQ sauce, which I love). I also don't like cheese, and yet pizza is one of my favourite foods despite being made up of cheese and tomato. Go figure.

My more hated popular condiment is mayonnaise. I hate the look, smell, taste of the stuff, and hate it being on burgers by default and always having to ask for mine without it - especially aggravating when the menu makes no mention of mayo whatsoever, which occurs all too often. Also infuriating is how a good majority of ready made sandwiches, wraps and things in supermarkets and such come with mayo. There was once a time when I could get a plain ham, chicken or turkey sandwich, but here in the UK at least it's gotten to a point where non mayo sandwiches are a niche product and the very few that don't have a "NO MAYO" label stuck on them.

NJTank    1,129

I hate ketchup, mayor and mustard.

I do use salt though on everything

waltere    307

My more hated popular condiment is mayonnaise. I hate the look, smell, taste of the stuff, and hate it being on burgers by default and always having to ask for mine without it - especially aggravating when the menu makes no mention of mayo whatsoever, which occurs all too often. Also infuriating is how a good majority of ready made sandwiches, wraps and things in supermarkets and such come with mayo. There was once a time when I could get a plain ham, chicken or turkey sandwich, but here in the UK at least it's gotten to a point where non mayo sandwiches are a niche product and the very few that don't have a "NO MAYO" label stuck on them.

All of this. Screw mayo and it's goddamn overprevalence

OnWis97    2,309

I shake salt on absolutely nothing.

My wife does not use it much either so I kinda forget that people do it and when I go out to eat with friends, relatives, etc., I am consistently blown away by how some people put it on almost everything.

That leads into another apparently unpopular opinion. I hate the trend of salted sweets: visible salt chunks on cookies, chocolate-covered caramels, etc.

monkeypower    656

I shake salt on absolutely nothing.

My wife does not use it much either so I kinda forget that people do it and when I go out to eat with friends, relatives, etc., I am consistently blown away by how some people put it on almost everything.

That leads into another, apparently unpopular opinion. I hate the trend of salted sweets: visible salt chunks on cookies, chocolate-covered caramels, etc. Mine is a sweet tooth.

I agree with everything you said about salt, except for the salted chocolate caramels.

Purdy's Himalayan Pink Salt Caramels are soooo good.

Tigers6884    299

I love mustard more than ketchup.

Nyk33    876

The Thriller video is not Michael Jackson's best music video.

I prefer Smooth Criminal & Beat It.

wonderbread    382

I dont like tomatoes or potatos, I'll only eat well done fries and chips and ketchup, and pasta sauce as long as it doesn't have chunks of tomato in it. It's a texture thing with me. I dont like mustard. It's just too bitter for me.

All of this. Screw mayo and it's goddamn overprevalence

I actually like the taste of mayo on a sandwich or something, but I absolutely hate the look and smell of it. I absolutely cannot eat any of the "salads" that have mayonnaise as a binder... potato salad, macaroni salad, etc.

FGM13    702

Seinfeld sucks.

*ducks*

illwauk    420

Also, Vanilla Coke is the best Coke.

Vanilla Coke is probably my favorite soda on the rare occasions that I actually drink soda.

illwauk    420

I've never seen Star Wars and plan to go to my grave keeping it that way. Frankly, I'm annoyed at how ubiquitous Star Wars is in modern pop culture, to where I don't even see the point of watching them since I know the entire story anyway.

Chawls    476

The Thriller video is not Michael Jackson's best music video.

I prefer Smooth Criminal & Beat It.

IMO, as far as videos, my 2 favorites are "Scream" and "Remember the Time".

Other unpopular opinions:

- I like my bacon very crispy. Better if it's turkey bacon.

- I LOVE pro wrestling more than any other form of American sports or entertainment (excluding music, I guess).

- I miss the BOTW thread. There. I said it.

- Law & Order: SVU was great until Chris Meloni left. Then I quit watching.

- Pepsi Blue was great. I miss it.

I'll think of more later.

I've never seen Star Wars and plan to go to my grave keeping it that way. Frankly, I'm annoyed at how ubiquitous Star Wars is in modern pop culture, to where I don't even see the point of watching them since I know the entire story anyway.

That's a sad story.

andycumbee19    401

That's a sad story.
Absolute travesty.

DustDevil61    450

Vanilla Coke is probably my favorite soda on the rare occasions that I actually drink soda.

While Vanilla Coke is my favorite kind of flavored Coke (besides, perhaps, Raspberry/Vanilla at those fancy new restaurant dispensers), I've grown to like regular Coke; the vanilla seems to cut out the "crispness" (or tart, I guess...for lack of a better term) in regular Coke. But yea, I've also but back on my soda consumption in the last couple years or so.

While I don't feel quite that strongly, I see where you're coming from--Star Wars is overrated. I may have gone (and yet may go to a new one here or there) for the theater/movie experience, but I don't get the widespread appeal/borderline obsession. Nor can I say the same for Star Trek...and I'm probably one of the few on these boards with a physics degree.

I also echo the notion that most kinds of cereal are better being just a little soggy.

Anyways, here's my initial contributions to the thread:

- It appears universally agreed upon that the one thing people like about Arby's, even if they hate the place, is that Arby's Sauce is great. Not that Arby's Sauce is terrible or anything, but I feel that their Three Pepper Sauce is their best sauce hands down.

- As much as I love Taco Bell, Del Taco's got them beat in terms of pricing, quality, and authenticity.*

*Not that it's hard to beat Taco Bell in terms of authenticity/quality.

Edited by DustDevil61

Ice_Cap    7,793

I love Vanilla Coke, but we don't get it here. I either have to stock up on it in Michigan or hope I stumble across a convenience store here that imports it.

That's a sad story.
I have to agree. The original, ubmodofied trilogy is great. Well the first 2/3 are. Jedi was where the later...unfortunatness...began to creep in.

jrodsep    392

Sorry, not by a long shot. A&W Creme Soda is better. Cherry Coke is the best.

Also, like wonderbread, I absolutely hate tomatoes, except in sauce (with out chunks), ketchup and salsa.

Plus, I like to drink straight up (not together) pickle juice and Lea & Perins Worcestershire (that brand only).

andycumbee19    401

Sorry, not by a long shot. A&W Creme Soda is better. Cherry Coke is the best.

Hmmmm.... coulda sworn this was an OPINION thread....