All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Whoop. Sorry. Suppose that's the effect of missing a year of the forum and being insular in a couple threads for the last few rough years of my life. Do you mean now, or always. I hate the current ones because they unnecessarily complicated nature and the betrayal of the earlier stated darker caps on the road thing which we are on either side of. The Yankees, Royals, White Sox, Rays, Rangers, Reds, Brewers, Phillies, Nationals, and Padres have cap logos that are pretty much entirely white on the road, but also have white outlines on their away grays. The A's have not one speck of white on their away grays. The change to the white on green with an outline that they've never worn on any cap in their history was just to match an unnecessarily complex alternate. That cap's an abomination. I'm getting an extreme case of deja vu. I have the sneaking suspicion that we've done these exact same two posts, although I don't know if you were the poster of the original claim that there were only a couple good pullovers that last time. Those are beauties, but I think in some way they show what may be the only benefit of pullovers: the lack of a need to parse things to avoid the placket. That Angels script is way lower quality because it all had to be moved over, whereas it looks better with the g in the center on the pullover. Those blue jays are beautiful, but the unique logo in the center of the others is impossible. Now, I'm not saying that the other Blue Jays look is more iconic than the World Series set, but I think it's still good/a major part of history. For the same reason, I think that Reds gray is good looking, but with how much it looks like heather and has no adornment, it looks like a uniform that has been in use since the 40's or a throwback. It throws away the pullover's slightly blue gray and bright bands of colors that are characteristic of the team's most iconic period. Side note: My instinct about that Cincinnati gray is correct. As I went to make sure I was correct about the pullover I posted being the Big Red Machine uniforms (I'd just looked up a year range and the teams in an image search to get my pictures), I saw that the one you posted is essentially the 1939-1955 road uniform without the patches. Long ago I've stated my favorite uniform color schemes, which mostly centers on contrasts. I love the way a dark or cool color and white combine to make each color pop. It's clean and beautiful. Perhaps watching the Yankees in the 90's where the white seemed fluorescent and the navy looked like the deepest part of the ocean was my first notice of the aesthetics of uniforms (although I picked the Dolphins as my favorite team solely on their look). The white cap logos of the Dodgers and Royals also have the same effect. And slipping a warm color in between that darker coolness and bright white just brings this up even higher. It's a clean, beautiful look that strengthens all three colors and makes them pop like a fireworks show. I'm talking the Red Sox, the Mets, the Cubs. I love the traditional home caps of the Twins and Red Sox, but dangit if the red crowns of the 70's don't just look beautiful to me. I hate the block C cap because of the lack of a white outline, and it sounds like you feel the same, but the inclusion of the white T makes the whole thing work better despite the C in the Twins' logo not popping as much. That being said, I think the teams should wear the navy caps as their primaries, but I'd love to see the red caps in rotation as an alt. They're beautiful. And the featuring of Navy, Blue, and White so heavily may be why I love both looks so much. It takes the team's colors and puts them much more at the forefront in equal measures and in ways we don't get to see. I'd say the Twins look actually looks better given how they separate the colors with white on the bands. That Red Sox uniform, however, is a legend, featured in perhaps the most iconic moment in Red Sox history. The M caps are the technically correct monogram, but they look like something Brandiose or Humongous Entertainment would come up with. I feel like every team has an era that they fit into aesthetically. The Dodgers with their blocky serifs and the aesthetic of Dodger Stadium are firmly in the 60's. The Astros are in the 50's-60's with their old style uniforms and space race aesthetic complete with plastic space helmets. The Tigers are in the Hammerin' Hank 30's and 40's. The Red Sox are in Ted Williams's 40's. The Twins were very 80's/90's with their Homerdome look and their home ballpark. But with the aesthetic of Target field they wanted to focus on their outdoor roots and the fact that despite their more recent success, they're a charter franchise. They changed back to the 60's aesthetic, and the TC with its angled serifs, thin lines, and curving crossbar feels incredibly of this era. Much like the LA monogram, it's dated, but in a way that evokes an era, the era they're trying to entrench themselves in, rather than just looks bad like the old Twins wordmark did. Both of those logos seem a bit unbalanced and squished to me. I took the letters as they were and put them together like those old caps, then squished them a bit. The thing about interlocking them is the huge open area on the bottom and the contast between the bottom of the S with more lines in it and the top with nothing in it creates an optical illusion that makes the top look larger. On closer inspection I see that in the old days they shrunk the top loop down to combat that, but the open D still looks bigger because of that. Interlocking the squished SD I found actually looks the best. It looks balanced and even, taking out most of the empty space. It doesn't solve your issue, though, but I think the best option is to go two-tone and drop the notch. That is, unless with stitching or slight lines of the background colors they could show the letters interlocking.
  3. So a decent weekend of quarter final action. We saw the All Blacks dominate Ireland to move on, England winning against Australia to set up a New Zealand vs England semi final. We saw a spirited Japan bow out to South Africa and Wales come from behind to beat France to set up a South Africa vs. Wales semi final. I'm going to take New Zealand over England but in a close game and I'll take South Africa over Wales. I think the Boks are the only real threat to the All Blacks right now.
  4. A long time coming. Welcome to MLS, Sacramento!!! You'll always have a little place in my heart.
  5. I can't say for sure on the name just yet (I'm pretty sure it'll be retained), but I know for certain that at least Old Glory Red is staying in the fold for the MLS move. I can't wait to find out and enjoy the block party later today! We finally did it, y'all!
  6. Here is a concept I have been working on for a new NHL score bug. Let me know what you think!
  7. Have to say the single elimination format has been exciting. You know teams have to play for their lives every single game now! Adds to the excitement where every play, every kick, every goal matters. Also very excited for @Bucfan56 and the entire Sacramento Republic group and their fans. I hope they'll be able to keep the name for today's announcement. It's truly unique for MLS and would be a shame to see it lost. Let's hope they have a Sounders/Timbers/Whitecaps deal in place where the legacy of Republic will transcend to the highest tier of Soccer here. I'll definitely be rooting for them to succeed in MLS!
  8. Ballpark Digest had a good article about the situation, and a few possibilities that could occur. https://ballparkdigest.com/2019/10/18/radical-milb-realignment-proposed-by-mlb/
  9. Today
  10. Oh no Jets aren’t actually doing all green are they? I liked all green from their all set but it looks like a bad look from the preview. I’d have liked to see their new primary home look in primetime.
  11. Similarly...i.e. not current...this is the best gray jersey the Rockies have ever worn (no black, no silver, just purple and white, and gray): Was it better than the homes? Homertively no, objectively yes.
  12. Yeah, I had seen Miami's selection of throwback uniform games when they announced several months ago that they were adding the white '66 AFL away jersey to their 2019 collection which they were able to do because they no longer have the orange alternate jersey. I thought they should have just gone back to the throwbacks as primary when they had the chance last season, as that's what their fans have been clamoring for, and in doing so only add the agua away pants option which they introduced in 1989, along with the tweaked dolphin from 1997 but to keep the original AFL sunburst ... They looked ridiculous yesterday with those solid white socks they had on with their white away pants. Too many teams are now doing that as we saw with the Saints yesterday with those stripeless white pants. That solid white socks look is just too hard to comprehend for teams wearing white pants.
  13. Got all the details and mockups for the new Auburn MBB and WBB uniforms done. It's all detailed on my site for further information. The WBB team has only showcased their white uniforms thus far. Both are using a silhouetted eagle logo on the waistbands. This will be the first time it will appear on an Auburn athletic uniform. And as always, these side-by-side graphics are always a great way to quickly showcase all the changes
  14. Not current, but . . . is better than . . . The home uniform in that set had way too much black in my humble opinion (including the name and number on the back).
  15. Seems like there is an easy way to incorporate an NJ into the fork. I kinda see an N in the left and middle prongs (making an N seems easy), and the right prong naturally makes a J.
  16. Next we head to Manhattan for the Manhattan State Titans. Though they haven't done much in the playoffs, the Titans are notorious for their bitter rivalries with the Bronx and non-conference Bayamon, which have been known to include all-out brawls. Manhattan State University Location: Manhattan, New York Type: Public University Founded: 1892 Major Rivals: Bronx, Bayamon
  17. I actually really like it. Instead of looking generic, I think it has a nice old-school vibe to it that meshes perfectly with the team's primary. It actually looks as if both logos were designed in the same era, which is perfect. Especially with a name like "Devils", it probably would have been super tempting to make a devil head as the secondary or try to make some kind of Jersey Devil logo as a secondary; but going with the simple option of a pitchfork in a roundel fits the team so much better, IMO. Plus, I think the B-Devils already have a similar logo anyways.
  18. With the advances in player development, you could see this coming. Most MLB organizations don't really need to be supporting this many teams. At the same time, baseball is such a local sport, and the minor leagues are so ingrained, killing off these local baseball outposts seems very self-defeating. I know there's value in shorter seasons and players getting more time in team complexes doing work in the hitting and pitching labs refining their games that way. There just needs to be some way to internalize the value to the overall sport that having organized ball spread across the country has and make investing in it make sense.
  19. Lansing Ignite of USL League One has folded: https://www.uslleagueone.com/news_article/show/1058296
  20. I think I've finally figured out what's really bugging me about Oregon's current sets. That bright green they've been wearing the past half decade or so is so amazing, quite possibly my favorite color currently in sports. Any uniform they wear that doesn't liberally feature this color is a huge fail from them. The gray, the black, the dark green that pretends to be black, all suck. Wear that bright green. Wear it with yellow. Dummies.
  21. I for one am excited for Indiana Jones and the Legend of THE Lost Yankees Hat.
  22. I think there are limits to what even Oregon can get away with. But the fact that Arkansas State used numbers that look like Oregon's and looked nothing like Arkansas State "should look" is why they get the hate. That uniform was hideous and deserves rebuke, but we've said the same of other teams in the past, like Ohio State, for wearing uniforms that we feel shouldn't be worn by those teams.
  23. Well regardless, in urban neighborhoods onfield caps aren’t what are viewed as most valulable but instead finding something that is unique. Hell even a SnapBack with a unique color way or application is viewed better than an on field because everyone has one of those.
  24. Does anyone have any recent Untouchable templates? PSD or AI? I don't have them on my new laptop and I can't find anything at all researching.
  25. Back in my day, rappers wore giant clocks on chains around their necks, and we didn't care about their hats! (Weirdest "old man rant" ever)
  26. I just googled "Jay-Z Yankees hat" and clicked "images", and literally 23 of the first 25 images were THE Yankee hat.. 1 had an alternate fashion bill (with THE Yankee crown) and the other was all-black.. Jay-Z may wear several other versions, but he has become synonymous with THE Yankee hat
  1. Load more activity

• Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?