All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. There's definitely an element of guys getting yanked around or stuck with bad coaches. Like, I wonder how pointless Tom Brady's career would have been if he'd been Jeff Fisher's guy in Tennessee or something. No way he amounts to anything, let alone being considered one of the greatest of all time. Hilariously, the Chargers are down 21 to the Steelers' 14th string QB and I think that's fun.
  3. Ballpark Digest recently posted an article that there is a former Premier looking at purchasing some land for some commerical real estate and a future ballpark down in the Bassin Peel area of Montreal riverfront.
  4. I haven't been watching football this season (and wow, it is refreshing), but I got a notification on my phone that Rosen was benched in the 2nd half of the game against the Redskins. This was after I got another notification that the Dolphins were going to make him the starter throughout the rest of the season. I'm not the biggest Rosen fan, but man, this guy has not had a great start to his career. Being drafted by a team that wasn't any good and then abandoned immediately a season later, traded to a team that is even worse. Miami also doesn't seem to see him as their future guy, which further proves the point that he's been set up to fail. I know it's business, but I feel bad for him.
  5. Exactly. Back in 1969, Montreal had a thriving business community, welcomed both English and French speakers, and was in the middle of a cultural renaissance that led to hosting a World's Fair and the Olympics, amongst other events. It was a natural choice over Toronto for Canada's first major league team. Bill 101 killed that all. The business community is a shadow of what it was (in relative terms, compared to Toronto and Vancouver) back in 1969. Anglophones have been driven out in droves over the past 4 decades. The economic and social situation in Montreal today is radically different than it was in 1969, and not in a way that would work in an MLB team's favor. Had Bill 101 never happened and Montreal maintained its position as Canada's preeminent business center (or at least was on par with Toronto for that title), I don't think the Expos would've ever had to move in the first place. But the ingredients are just no longer there for supporting a major league team. And Montreal is never going to be a growing, upwardly mobile city like Vancouver, Charlotte, Nashville, Portland, Austin, etc., are today. (Perhaps unless they repeal Bill 101 and welcome back Anglophones and their commerce, but fat chance of that ever happening.)
  6. White pants are an awesome look for the saints, but stripeless white pants? Gross.
  7. Looks like a typical boring college uniform. And the Saints look meh too.
  8. Crap, this was the direction I was going with a team in a project I’ve been doing. Only real difference is that yours is done brilliantly and mine is just a few shapes put together! I think that blue used by the club is perfect for a team to pair with white because it really reminds me of the moons glow for some reason. Great execution! If tweaking were made I’d say it doesn’t have to be restricted to a roundel. Maybe show some shoulder or another piece to the suite.
  9. Today
  10. no idea what happened there.. sorry!
  11. Well thats your opinion I suppose
  12. The problem is those lasting repercussions have kept Montréal from reaching the heights it could. Lots of businesses moved out to Toronto, leaving any big-money business support out. Plus, baseball just doesn't appeal to the francophones that stayed as much as other sports like hockey. Again, @SFGiants58 has listed all these things, but I'm too lazy to go find the post right now. Plus, the Rays will probably move full-time to Montréal, realize it was a mistake in 20-ish years, and move again to wherever.
  13. NY Giants vs. New England Carolina vs. Tampa Bay Washington vs. Miami Houston vs. Kansas City Seattle vs. Cleveland Cincinnati vs. Baltimore New Orleans vs. Jacksonville Philadelphia vs. Minnesota San Francisco vs. LA Rams Atlanta vs. Arizona Tennessee vs. Denver Dallas vs. NY Jets Pittsburgh vs. LA Chargers Detroit vs. Green Bay
  14. It's not "boring" either. Black, red, blue, yellow, etc. The standard sports colors that every team uses in some form are boring. The unique color that nobody besides the Bucs use is the opposite of boring. Needs to choose a different word to express his dislike for the color.
  15. The Pistons already confirmed that the *sigh* chrome statement uniforms were coming back this year too. The Pelicans and Jazz are also bringing back last seasons statements.
  16. Remember how I opined in a previous that achieving 7-9 might be a minor miracle for the Snatit this season? Um, yeah, about that... ...Snatit gonna snatit.
  17. Minus whoever on the Steelers defense decided he wanted to wear bright pink cleats and socks. I’m all for supporting breast cancer awareness and all that, but only one player doing it really sticks out like a sore thumb
  18. Braves - lost to red birds (St. Louis Cardinals) and knocked out of the playoffs Georgia - lost to red birds (South Carolina Gamecocks) as a 20+ point favorite Falcons - lost to red birds (Arizona Cardinals) on a missed XP. Falcons capped off a rough week for Georgia teams playing against teams with red birds as mascots/logos.
  19. True -- I acknowledged in my first post that they weren't all his fault. Though, if it's tipped by one guy and lands in the hands of another, doesn't that mean Baker is throwing into too much traffic? Seahawks definitely got a boost from the refs today, absolutely. It also felt like the Seahawks' win was inevitable in the second half, even when they were down for a bit. Russell Wilson was generally getting whatever he wanted after some bad first drives, and that was the game. In 2019, San Francisco may be legit good, and the Browns -- for all of that -- are looking at a top ten pick. Ouch.
  20. Yesterday
  21. The game looked horrible. Both teams in all white from the waist down made it look like a scrimmage/joint practice. Stripeless pants have no place in the nfl other than throwbacks.
  22. Remember when the Cowboys were supposed to be good? Broncos shut out the Titans which means very little, but I'll be damned if I'm not going to get my hopes up for a 12-4 season.
  23. A funny joke: the Bloc Quebecois had the right idea in destroying Canada, but the wrong idea in preserving Quebec.
  24. That’s definitely valid and fair. I still think the helmet color/finish looks great though, maybe a decent compromise (until Nike can get the pewter right) is a new set with a pewter helmet and white primary pants? I’ve thought their pewter/red/white and pewter/white/white combos historically have looked better than they’re given credit for. And keep some pewter trim on the jersey and pants for good distributive balance (as a trim rather than a solid I think it’d look fine, color replication problems notwithstanding). I’m not at all opposed to a creamsicle comeback, but if there’s a way to salvage pewter, I’d want to see that really tried first.
  1. Load more activity

• Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?