All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Currently watching the final Arizona Coyotes game. Kinda surreal.
  3. I kind of consider the Falcons to be the Diamondbacks of football from a design standpoint. Their first look was good but maybe a bit hokey. They updated it to something more refined, but it just doesn’t hit quite the same. That leaves them with a primary set that everyone is pretty ehh on, and a full throwback look that everyone loves, but you can see the reasons why they don’t want to just go back to that. So that leaves them trying to straddle the two eras and it leaves basically nobody really all that happy.
  4. No miracle run from the Heat this year. What a weird year. After striking out on Dame in the offseason we mostly stood pat and didn't get a whole lot worse, then Jaquez/Jovic turned out to be studs and we flipped Lowry for Terry Rozier, So on paper this was an upgraded roster from a team that made the Finals. During the season, some rotation guy was always hurt, but we weren't exactly lighting the world on fire when healthy. We found ourselves in the play-in in the crowded lower half of the East, same spot we started the run last year and it just dies as soon as it begins. Would we have made another Play-In to Finals run fully healthy? Regular season performance says no, but that's what I thought last year. Very unsure what to make of this ending. No clue if we were health away from making another run, or if this is just a plain mediocre 7th seed.
  5. Today
  6. "Watch party? Get the hell off our property, why would you want to watch this?" https://bsky.app/profile/five4howling.bsky.social/post/3kqesacyr2k2q
  7. I’m back! Next up is the Detroit Red Wings! So tough to do anything new with the Red Wings that either isn’t super crazy or includes new colours. I stayed with the classic red and white, no off white this time. I utilized the jersey striping from the reverse retro based on the 1928 jerseys. I did keep it off the chest, I stuck to only using that striping for the arms. It keeps it fairly simple, but I think it’s enough to make it an upgrade from their current set!
  8. Watching the broadcast from the start and this is all so stupid, and not just in the usual way of Tyson Nash attempting to produce words. Everything's being presented in "if" and "maybe" because the only people who refuse to admit this team is hauling ass north to Salt Lake tomorrow are its current owner and the people in charge of the league. At least Whalers fans got their Sunday wake. This time they've assembled all the mourners and are pretending there's not a body on display.
  9. All it takes is for one of those teams to commit to being a red-first team and set themselves apart.
  10. For me, it's having too many teams using the same primary colors. I started watching football in 2009, and there were eight teams using navy, and it would have been nine if the Titans hadn't switched to Columbia Blue the previous season. That made it difficult for me to recognize teams at first, and that stuck with me. I can accept the white jerseys for contrast, but the primary colors were difficult at first.
  11. Thanks! That is really good advice that I honestly did not consider. I literally just used the pen tool and manually traced the edges, which was hard with often indefinite edges. Your method would have been much clearer and resulted in more automatic consistency in stroke width. I appreciate the suggestion. I did consider that, but I wanted to avoid violating any license requirements (and maybe I wouldn’t have, I’m just not aware enough of how those work and was afraid I would on accident).
  12. If only this were true for red and blue teams
  13. I don’t get the whole “x team can’t do this because y team does it and they might look too much like z team”. Especially when we have three teams in one division being blue heavy and two of those teams are having a dick measuring competition to see who deserves to own the rights to use a different shade of blue.
  14. But with black it's pretty much a Panthers ripoff with red instead of blue.
  15. https://www.footballkitarchive.com/static/logos/3oYvAxwjC1IWeV0/aston-villa-2000-2007-logo.png This logo>>>>>>>all the other logos. If they kept the stripes in the logo (which you kind of did), the backlash wouldn't be severe. That being said, you did a better job than the previous three attempts.
  16. I made this in 2013 and it's one of the first concepts that pops up when you Google "Falcons uniform concept." I regret it every day (also OMG @ those featured players...we really thought we were going to win a Super Bowl that year...)
  17. It’s all fun and games until someone says the Falcons should swap white for cream/tan
  18. If the jersey were red, it would pretty much be a Buckeyes ripoff.
  19. To truncate the Falc-jacking, it's always "all they have to do is pick between the obvious options of the far superior 90s set...and/or 80s set...and/or 70s set...and/or originals!" and you just post really nice photos of those uniforms on loop until someone goes "the old bird looked so dumb but I prefer it." It took two pages. The problem with the Falcons uniform history is there's no glory days associated with any of the uniform eras they went through, and none were particularly bad, but not one is a clear winner over the other. So it's just folks talking in circles constantly about which style is our forever uniform. I don't think the Falcons have a previous uniform that is a forever uniform.
  20. I think the lighter silver would work if the jersey was red. You stated the problems already with that look as a primary, but as an alternate that could work. If and when the Falcons change jerseys, they should consider making red the primary jersey color again.
  21. Whoa! It looks like the Texas Flag only goes one way. The Rangers have their ad patch and flag patch on the same sleeves for every player no matter the handedness. (Also, I forgot to list the Pittsburgh City Connect and Seattle Cream we've already been told is delayed to the earlier list.)
  22. Anything would be better than "Utah HC"
  23. Reviving college football teams from this thread
  24. Made the text a bit bigger! Also I just got rid of the second font because it started feeling a bit redundant with everything else, plus it fit in better and has stencil and wide options anyways.
  25. Last post on these because I know this isn't the Concepts forum: Lighter Silver: Lighter Silver w/Small Wordmark: With Carolina & Tampa in the division already wearing Silver/"Pewter" helmets, maybe it doesn't make sense, but from a standalone standpoint, this is one of my favorite looks ever.
  26. NHL Hitz ass arena. Can't believe they let this happen for even one home game, let alone two full seasons.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.