All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Who hated it? Some have mentioned that it's not exciting, but I don't know that I've read anyone say they hate it.
  3. This isn't year 1. Michigan has been around for 3 years and this is their 2nd playing IN Detroit. This is Houston's 3rd year playing in Houston when counting the 2020 XFL season. These are NFL markets. If they're not showing interest now, they're probably not going to. Seattle and DC showed continued interest. Seattle's only problem was geography. It's not "hitting the panic button". It's fixing the market situation while you still can. Move them to markets that may actually be wanting a team, like in Ohio (Columbus or Canton) or Orlando, etc. Wait too long, and THAT could be the death knell for the league.
  4. Today
  5. This is a great picture of those front numbers! You can really see how dense the air is in Arkansas!
  6. And to make it worse, the Broncos replaced Wilson for another Wilson at QB. Replacing one who was getting bad for an even worse one.
  7. Because the average fan, or public, have no idea about design, or anthing branding related. On here we are lucky that (mostly) everyone has some idea of design, or at least team history and what does and doesn't look good, that is why we are on a design forum. Joe public doesn't have the same knowledge/experience/understanding. If they did put it out to the public, the designs would be far worse than what we get. So you can imagine how bad it would be. Look at what happens with naming teams when people put out suggestions, they are based around their personal opinion, and have no real idea of actual branding, designs would be exactly the same, and the worst of the options would be selected over the obvious "good" designs .
  8. Seriously, why did people hate this uniform?
  9. Well, that pretty much confirms they'll be going back to the old "steel blue". I never liked the Nike blue, it was the same shade as the patriots and didnt match the helmet
  10. They will look even more crap now
  11. Just my take, but it's like they're shouting "hey, look at us!" - just like a mid-tier college team does to try to get attention. You're not the UTEP Miners of the "who gives a conference", you're the Denver Broncos of the NFL. Dress accordingly.
  12. Had a bit to digest this and the Broncos changing kind of hits different than most changes. Their last set was around for a long time, and is sort of what got me into this whole thing as a passion. It was the first time I even realized that teams could even do stuff like that (Ironically, I kinda think this was the time that the teams themselves were also coming to that realization, too). And it was just SO different. That horse was cool as hell and those stripes were just so… Modern. It was such a home run for its time. I think that’s what bothers me about this change the most. The last set was dated, but one of the reasons it stuck around for so long is because it was such a benchmark for what you could do with sports design. It was one of the best examples of this whole field. And it just got replaced with… Whatever the hell that is. And it’s not even that their set is all that bad. It’s just boring yet convoluted and contrived, and derivative of a mid major college uniform that’s been done to death over the last fifteen years. Pretty disappointing change from a team that set the standard the last time they did this, IMO.
  13. I’ve been saying it all day but it’s a design from 10 years ago. Matte helmet, white helmet, sleeve caps over designed, numbers/words down the pants stripe. Just checking all the boxes from that period of Nike design. Reminds me a lot of the mess Arkansas went through in 2012-2013.
  14. Can't wait for the inevitable "Mess with the bull and you get the horns" marketing jargon.
  15. The Broncos would actually have to make the playoffs for that to matter.
  16. Clearly the 5280 on the uniforms gives you magic powers in the playoffs. I understand the Broncos rebrand way more now.
  17. They got that Millwall "we don't care" mentality
  18. Well that’s the best playoff doubleheader we’ve had in a while. I think the Lakers are beyond cooked. They were up 20 with everybody clicking and still lost, that’s gotta be backbreaking.
  19. Wow. Jamal called game. Could LeBron and the Lakers get swept out of the 1st round?
  20. Murray took over down the stretch.
  21. I like the idea of mountain caps on the sleeve but the execution is awful. Not looking forward to the Texans train wreck tomorrow either...
  22. I will never get why teams don't market test different designs. Just because designers like something, does not mean the public will
  23. The league will survive. How many teams do is the big question.
  24. Honestly, an entire uni set to go with that hat would have been MILES better than their actual City Connect.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.