All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Oilers navy alternate looks better than I expected it to on the ice. Did not like it at first, but I have come around.
  3. It's not really fair to compare playoff appearances and division titles from the two eras, though, since only four teams made the playoffs before 1995 and 10 do today. Likewise, there are six division champions today instead of four. Of course, the same point applies to NFL playoff appearances, NCAA basketball tournament appearances, etc.
  4. I wonder if they will change their jersey colors. They were rolling with navy and light blue jerseys. Seems like now they'll go gray and red. Although there's already quite a few team with dark/black and red jerseys.
  5. It's not really a farce based on the reasons given. At least I can take some comfort (and I think you're with me too) in the fact that I know I'm very happy with how they look currently, while some others are still whining about what they want them to change. Anyway, I'm not keen on being punished for talking about something we're not supposed to, so I better toe the line and keep quiet lol.
  6. Still stand by original opinion that those Oilers 3rds are nice. Nothing amazing, but they're unique and sharp and do everything a 3rd jersey should do. I like them.
  7. So the Canucks change their uniforms for the first time in 12 years, it being the only major uniform change of the entire season and we're all forbidden from talking about it on a message board where we discuss uniform changes. What a farce. Unfair? Yeah, that's putting it mildly. How would you like it if their was a ban on Maple Leafs talk the season they got rid of the Ballard Leaf...
  8. Really nice looking matchup between PItt and Syracuse earlier:
  9. Today
  10. I'm going to call this rule, the Washington Nationals rule, since they are the most recent example. While MLB teams can wear their alternate jersey both at home and on the road during the playoffs, it can't be the same hi jersey for both.
  11. I can’t believe how much I hate GSW using the sans-serif name on back typeface.
  12. Here Are The Other 30 CITIES You Should Pick They Are ATLANTA-BOSTON-CHARLOTTE-CHICAGO-CINCINNATI CLEVELAND-DALLAS-DENVER-DETROIT-HOUSTON INDIANAPOLIS-LOS ANGELES-MEMPHIS-MIAMI-MILWAUKEE MINNEAPOLIS-NASHVILLE-NEW ORLEANS-NEW YORK-ORLANDO PHILADELPHIA-PITTSBURGH-PHOENIX-SAN ANTONIO-SAN FRANCISCO SEATTLE-ST.LOUIS-TAMPA BAY-UTAH(SALT LAKE CITY)-WASHINGTON
  13. I actually saw a report on ballparkdigest.com saying that a PCL team is being targeted for a move to St. Paul and that some short season clubs, like the whole Northwest League may become full season operations.
  14. The talk is that they would eliminate the Rookie level teams and the short season level teams. This means these leagues would disappear... -New York/Penn League (14) -Northwest (8) -Appalachian (10) -Pioneer (8) You're at 40 teams right now if you cut out those four leagues out. Don't know where the other two are coming in. With what has been mentioned, here's what I think will happen here with the things mentioned in the article and what you have brought up: Triple A: Pacific Coast League (10) - Albuquerque, El Paso, Fresno, Las Vegas, Reno, Round Rock, Sacramento, Salt Lake, San Antonio, Tacoma International League (20) - Buffalo, Charlotte, Columbus, Durham, Gwinnett, Indianapolis, Iowa, Lehigh Valley, Louisville, Memphis, Nashville, Norfolk, Oklahoma City, Omaha, Pawtucket, Rochester, Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, Syracuse, Toledo, Wichita Double A: Eastern League (12) - Altoona, Akron, Binghamton, Bowie, Erie, Harrisburg, Hartford, New Hampshire, Portland (Maine), Reading, Richmond, Trenton Southern League (8) - Birmingham, Biloxi, Chattanooga, Jacksonville, Montgomery, Rocket City, Pensacola, Tennessee Texas League (10) - Amarillo, Arkansas, Corpus Christi, Frisco, Midland, Northwest Arkansas, Shreveport (Formerly Jackson Generals), Springfield, Sugar Land (Former Mississippi Braves), Tulsa
  15. Came here to say this, it’s so unnecessary.
  16. It's still on. Sorry gang, you all know what you did. EDIT- I'm well aware that I am not innocent in the constant Canucks arguments. That being said? Moderation has decided that we're all sick of it. And judging from the responses these "discussions" usually get? People outside of the usual suspects are sick of it too. So here it is in case Glenn's warning (that I reposted btw) wasn't clear enough. We do not want to hear ANYTHING Canucks related unless it is specifically about a new uniform or logo. That's it. Is it unfair that the Canucks are the only team with this restriction? Maybe, but they're the only team that derails threads constantly. We'll re-evaluate this position at the end of the season, but as of now? No Canucks talk unless it's to discuss specifically updated and new elements. Nothing else, and I mean NOTHING, is to come from it. Warning points and other disciplinary action to come for those who insist on continuing to clog this thread with non-relevant Canucks discussion.
  17. Posted in the NBA season thread, but TNT can dump that shot clock on the court right now.
  18. Saw the new logo at the Panera by my house today. They're currently remodeling it (adding in a drive thru, among other things), and they changed the signage on the building to the new logo. (And my chip bag had the new logo, too, for the record. )
  19. TNT can :censored: right off with the shot clock on the court.
  20. The real Bengals should look like CNYU (except the helmets)
  21. It always intrigues me how much people will debate about how much the Canucks logos may or may not have anything to do with Canucks, but nobody beats an eye at the current logos of the Golden State Warriors.
  22. Looks like this is our foot in the door to get Ueck as the home announcer.
  23. The Blackhawks also have all the colors in their jerseys present in the logo. The Canucks do not. Honestly I’d prefer a black orca with royal blue and green trim. Silver is fine too. It’s basically a fancy white adding a little more to the crest.
  24. The Blackhawks logo was ten years old once... Time has nothing to do with my argument, it's perfectly acceptable for logos to contain colours not found anywhere else on the jersey. The Canucks and Blackhawks are just two examples.
  1. Load more activity

• Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?