All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. It doesn't need the Michigan Panthers-style inner-swoop... it needs a white outline like the logo has.
  3. Another example of just sloppy design... the bevel effect on this H: Ignoring the choices about the shape of the letter, if the light source is coming from the top-right, then the bottom and left sections need to be darker: ....yet you can see on the left side that the highlights curve the entire way down to the point of the "bullhorns," breaking the lighting. I still have major problems with the construction of the blackletter H, but even just the smallest amount of refinement to the bevel and minor tweaks does wonders for the design.
  4. But how many teams? If they do have to relocate teams, they need to figure out how many they have to relocate.
  5. So move them in an effort to fix it, lest they not be here the year after.
  6. I felt like that the pinstripes might be a potential issue. First things first, I went back to the two stripe trim the team currently uses. I can't remember what the rationale for the original change was but it was iffy, even while I was designing it. As for the pinstripes, I went to grey across the board which might create more issues on the white jersey, but everything is now consistent across the two jerseys. But the potential other option of pinstriped jerseys/plain pants wasn't even a halfway decent option. I completely forgot the pants number! It was right in front of me on my reference images and my reverse retro design I was pulling stuff from and it just didn't make it onto the final design.
  7. lol you called the icy uniforms all white
  8. *June 27th What if Mereulo doesn't win the bid or what if he doesn't even show up to the auction? Would he then own the trademark for a defunct NHL team for the next century or whatever? Or is there some kind of 10 year window thing going on here?
  9. That they need to fix things really fast for 2025, because if this continues in 2025, there will be no 2026 for the UFL.
  10. He has 5 years from last week to try to reactivate the Coyotes and then if they are re-activated, he cannot sell a majority of the Coyotes for 5 years after the team comes back. He has a key land auction on June 27th that he has to win.
  11. 32 Thoughts put out an interview with Smith today. It included some interesting comments about the potential brand: He was asked how much overlap he expects the NHL brand to have with the Jazz. He doesn’t necessarily want a Pittsburgh situation with identical colours, but mentions that he’d like there to be a bit of symmetry between the two He talks about the popularity of purple, mountain imagery, and mentions blue skies, so it sounds like they’re leaning to a cooler colour scheme He says the nickname bracket will be 6 or 8 options. The names Blizzard, Yetis, Venom, Outlaws, Black Diamonds, and Golden Eagles are all mentioned, with Smith saying it’s more than a 50% chance it ends up being one of those names. He has a favourite, but wants the fans to decide
  12. The white stripe makes it look like a curving road. I like it in theory, but it doesn't work for me in practice.
  13. What does 'having the franchise' mean? Once his five year pipe dream of an expansion team is up? Once the moving vans cross the state line?
  14. Because attendance figures of 5-7k show what, exactly?
  15. I agree with you on the social media team. I remember the Canes social media used to be at least a little clever with their trolling, but some of the stuff they posted last night was cringy to say the least.
  16. And in terms of Pantones, they aren't at all.
  17. The difference being Ohio State makes red look good most of the time*. *Despite having one of the best looks in college football, we do have the occasional dumbass uniform moment.
  18. Sure would like to know where everyone is going to park, then. Maybe you can utilize McCormick Place and the giant underground garages at Grant and Millennium, but those are already used to an extent for Bears games and I don't know how much more capacity they have.
  19. I think the Storm Surge is great. I thought the Wings player doing the griddy earlier this season was awesome too. I loved the empty net antics that took place this season. But I don't know what to tell you if you don't cringe with secondhand embarrassment at Carolina's social media presence. A professional sports team tweeting "CRY" is simply absurd.
  20. In interviews they say the new Texans Navy is like the Yankees and the red is like Ohio State.
  21. 1. Jets — Very solid all around aside from matching socks. No stupid gimmicks or weird design elements is a huge plus, and even their crappy black alternate at least uses the same template as the other sets, which sadly is worth noting in today's NFL. 2. Lions — Lack of pant stripes is the obvious issue with these. Alternate is decent and better than their old Color Rush, and they at least use the correct logo on the helmet unlike the Texans. 3. Texans — Home and road sets are fine, although I was hoping they would incorporate more red. Alternate uniforms/helmets are weird and don't look like the Texans. 4. Broncos - Just okay. I like the mix and match possibilities, but the white helmet is awful. At least it isn't the primary as was rumored. The sock situation looks like it's gonna be a disaster, which doesn't help.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.