All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I mean when gambling was illegal people would be less likely to know about gambling and how to access it. Do you also think narcotics should be made legal, so many people would be more likely to know about helplines or treatment options that are available to them,
  3. Today
  4. Son of a... I JUST GAVE UP ON IT COMING BACK AND UPLOADED A NEW DODGERS UNI IMAGE WITHOUT IT!!! I did the exact same thing last year, but with all these missing uniforms, why would they bring back a random alt gray days after again.
  5. Every time you mention this guy’s name I get The Wreck of the Concepcion from Treasures of the Deep stuck in my head.
  6. It's always so silly when a team puts the same logo on their helmet and their sleeves. It's just so redundant and lazy.
  7. Lack of effort is being kind. He basically just stood there. That takes no effort.
  8. Wait until I tell you where the Utah Grizzlies came from.
  9. I don't mind the Pacers/Bucks color vs. color match-ups, but yeah ... there needs to be some general playoff rules in the NBA. No City or Throwback Editions during the playoffs. No Association (or white) Edition worn by the road team. Color vs. Color is cool during the first couple of rounds. Conference and NBA Finals should be strictly White at Home and Color on Road.
  10. This is going to be so disappointing. Hockey is a kitschy sport. It's Canadian, played on ice by folks wearing sweaters. Everyone's nickname is just their last name with a 'y' added on. The Good Ol Hockey Game. Bubble hockey and Hockey Night in Canada. It's all so beautifully kitschy. The league should have team names that match that vibe. North Stars, Whalers, Nordiques, Metropolitans/Sockeys/Totems/Emeralds. Instead we have Wild, Hurricanes, Avalanche, Kraken. Even the name Golden Knights has some kitschy vibes (not the identity itself, however). Black Diamonds would be a welcome choice. But it'll be the Utah Yetis. Or worse.
  11. I'm a little surprised that they didn't give the Jets 2.0 the Jets 1.0 history. Maybe they would in 5 years if the Coyotes don't come back? Yeah, I have many questions here as well.
  12. Great passing play, but it was all made possible by Ovi's complete lack of effort with the puck and on the backcheck.
  13. This would be sick if the home was an extremely dark purple instead They own that color in the AFC, plus the division has 2 black teams already, including their rivals
  14. Utah has a long tradition of borrowing from Denver on the NBA side of things, so I guess it's just as well that they start doing it with hockey and the perils of snow-covered mountains, too.
  15. I mean, I live in a ski resort town. I LOVE the name Black Diamonds. That should’ve been the name of our team instead of “Knight Monsters”. But this is the NHL. It’s gonna be the Yetis.
  16. I didnt get Black Diamonds when I first read it... but now that I get it I think it could be a really cool identity.
  17. May I introduce you to the Lethbridge Black Diamonds.
  18. I got a little nervous when the Caps scored right out of the gate and again when they made it 4-3, but the Rangers closed the deal. Being up 2-0 is better than being 1-1 or 0-2, but you're right, it's a still long way from over. How about that K'Andre Miller shorthanded goal?
  19. Black Diamonds please!!! I've always wanted that for a minor league baseball team.
  20. Could use the name"black diamonds" but use a diamondback rattlesnake as the logo
  21. If you go "Black Diamonds" and work off Smith's color scheme remarks, there's something to be made of purple, sky blue, black, and sparkle silver. Maybe you could ape the '90s Jazz a little and make the hem striping evoke a mountain range and... Crap, I just realized I'm making the Colorado Avalanche on a bad monitor.
  22. So I have a team I named the Washington Insiders in a simulation-based fantasy league for indoor football, and found myself motivated to update my team's logo, and it ended up becoming a whole thing, lol. I only made fairly minor updates to the primary logo and helmet incorporating some techniques and knowledge I've gained the past few years, but I also ended up making a couple new secondary logos and a wordmark to go with them, and am now working on a uniform design haha. I figured I'd share what I did to see what people here may think. C&C is always appreciated. Old Primary Logo - The general concept of the logo is based on the DC flag inside of a Pentagon, with an outline of the western DC border framed in the background. The marks along the top-right edge are a reference to a football's laces. I put 5 of them to match the 5 sides of a pentagon. The colors were maintained from what my team's identity was before becoming the Insiders, with some tweaks to the shading over the years. Updated Primary - As you can see, I updated the font, switched to a lighter and more vibrant shade of green, and added a slight gradient effect to the gold elements. I also slightly changed the "laces" along the top-right edge to be more obelisk shaped. The logo also works without the text in the stripes, which will likely make an appearance on the uniforms when done. Secondary Logo - This secondary promotes the DC map outline from a pure background feature to a primary source of the shape of the logo, while the stars and stripes move inside the football that the laces on the primary hint at. The gold gradient is continued here. Wordmark - The wordmark pulls out the team name from the primary, and gives it a gradiented gold outline and then the navy blue on the outside. The city and nickname are divided by the DC flag stripes (angled on the ends like the secondary logo) with the stars over the top. I initially tried to have the stars outlined with a gold fill like the stripes, but it just didn't work for the size I wanted on the stars and this way it keeps a better color balance I think. Fauxback Logo - I had fun coming up with this, trying to envision what logo the team could've had if it existed in the Pre-Superbowl days basically. I'll admit that I heavily based it off some old public domain political cartoons and stuff to make it so it's not as original of a work as the others, but it was just for fun. Helmet - This is the design I've used since the team became the Insiders, with the recent updates just being to the shades of green and more metallic-style gold. The flag stripes would wrap completely around the helmet and the green map outlines on each side meet at the top with no center stripe. I experimented with a gold visor but just didn't like it as much as I thought I would. Well, there's everything I have for the Insiders so far; hope you all like it. I've got a rough idea of how I want the uniforms to look but still deciding on a couple things. I'm drawing some inspiration from the Northwestern football uniforms with the stripes under the numbers (not exactly like that, but similar) but I am open to suggestions. They'll likely also be posted on here when the time comes now that I've shared these. Thanks to everyone who takes the time to look, react and/or comment!
  23. Black Diamonds is compelling. One more "Soakers" joke and I start trying to give adults shaken baby syndrome.
  24. I also think Statement jerseys should just be a recolor of the Association/Icon editions. Save the out there designs for the City editions.
  25. 1. So, with individual colors not being trademarked, could the Texans have told the Titans to screw off and used 279? Or does Tennessee have leaguewide rights to that color? Or would there be some kind of infringement based on being in the same division? Related: 2. I remember reading long ago (like, a decade or more) that the league allowed each team to have one color that was unique to them; other colors they had to share. Is that still the case? Because, honestly, it looks like most teams don’t have a unique color of their own anymore. I mean, what - Dolphins’ aqua, Panthers’ electric blue, Eagles’ teal, the respective shades of purple worn by the Ravens and Vikings? Am I missing any? 3. What is the PMS code for the Broncos’ new royal blue that is used very sparingly? Related: 4. Why have you never included the actual color(s) of the Broncos’ pre-1997 helmets? I’m guessing it would just be an approximation? How close would it be to PMS 307 (Ole Miss’ robins’ egg blue)? (And, for that matter, how about the navy helmets worn at the same time by the Giants and Rams?) Please don’t take this onslaught of questions the wrong way - I am incredibly thankful for all that you do. Your site is wonderful.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.