All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I think I like yours better. It solves all the problems I was having. I wouldn’t have thought of putting the mountain teams in with St. Louis and KC. Putting the Cascadian teams with Northern California was another nice move.
  3. FC makes sense in soccer, because most teams are "city name FC" or "city and team name FC". It makes very little sense in hockey, considering no North American team uses the HC label. It's not the "Boston Bruins HC", it's just the "Boston Bruins". Seattle just being "Seattle HC" would be the second-dumbest name they could possibly go with. Only "Kraken" would be worse, in my opinion. I'm hoping to God they don't go with either of those.
  4. Hard pass... I love my Sounders and don’t even really understand why it has to be Seattle Sounders FC. The FC isn’t all that necessary to the brand.
  5. Are the NFL & MLB really going to still have teams play in virus hot spots like Arizona, California, Texas, & Florida? Even with no fans, It seems dumb having another team travel to a state that is high-risk. Would it be a dumb idea to take away home games from those teams (not like fans will be there anyway), or find an alternative venue is a less high-risk state? .
  6. Although now I'm not getting in on either my laptop or phone. How come it switched for a single day? Was it a Canada Day exclusive (they put "Happy Canada Day!" at the top of yesterdays front page) and If so why did the whole site get changed instead of just adding the banner on?
  7. Sabres made a good call to re-use the classic colors full-time once again. What I'm wondering is whether they'll tweak the logo up a bit, in a way like this one on the left: It's almost a given that they'll be using either straight up the classic uniforms or a slightly modernized version of the classics. They need to use just the right amount of white.
  8. I would say that he Angels calling themselves the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim is worse. It's America. It should actually be Seattle Ice Hockey Club.
  9. Today
  10. Linus Ullmark posted his new gear for next season, wich uses the new colors
  11. I like the whole look but the primary logo is a bit weak, their current primary logo isn't the best, but utilizes the Alamo as the shape of the logo, which I think would work a bit better than the roundel. I think the tertiary would be a great starting point for it.
  12. that part is going to be a matter for the courts if it is going to be on there.
  13. This is absolutely fantastic.Unique, meaningful, striking. If I had one nitpick, I'd like to see just a little bit of red incorporated into the design. Wouldn't need to be anything more than this.
  14. Fixed my error. At least I didn't say Cosby Field.
  15. at this point, would it be good just to not have any preseason NFL football at all and make some announcement about 2 weeks before the regular season start on if the regular season is delayed or not.
  16. Major League Lacrosse to hold tournament in Annapolis, MD. A week before the PLL does. https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ac-cs-mll-tournament-coronavirus-20200702-vhc3hejmofhhjkgbi652hjbicm-story.html
  17. I really hate that "In God We Trust" is even in consideration for something to put on a state flag. Separation of church and state, and all that. This is probably my favorite design thus far. I really hope they double down on the magnolia imagery and don't do some design-by-committee BS.
  18. Fantastic feedback! Thank you so much! I will go back to these and simplify these. Much apprecciated
  19. @sayahh I found the older files (took some searching) and did some of the changes you requested. I will do the rest of the changes for the Lakers icon and statement soon (the oldest template is a complete mess and the overview of the different layers are hopeless to understand). Anyways, here are the edited Atlanta Hawks and two versions of the Los Angeles Lakers Association Edition in the 60 to 67 colours(Used trucolor for reference this time, not sure if it's the exact right colours). I definitely think you are onto something with the Hawks. And in regards to the Lakers versions, the V2 looks better to me. I actually think I might update and "remaster" the older concepts with the newest template one day. Atlanta Hawks Icon Edition Uniform Concept Edited Los Angeles Lakers Association Edition Uniform Concept Edited V1 Los Angeles Lakers Association Edition Uniform Concept Edited V2
  20. what i wrote somewhere else is what ill say again here. every now and then, you come across a logo that is so good it simultaneously makes you want to quit and spend a whole night in the studio. all you can really do is look in awe as it reminds you of why you fell in love with Design in the first place. the concept is clear, the craftsmanship flawless, and it breaks some sort of status quo about the market it lives in. its clever in every detail— each god on one of the four corner flags, c'mon! if we're building a Mt Rushmore for modern sports team branding, Iceland just claimed their place along with the Allouettes and Juventus. i dont know if theres a 4th that can really compete with those 3 right now
  21. Just what the league needed.... tanning some unfortuate beast and then dressing up for the victory.
  22. Jimbo Fisher talked to a potential recruit outside the appropriate recruiting window and used creative timekeeping to practice more than allowed. Seems the NCAA is only good for being a glorified traffic cop while the big programs are robbing banks behind them.
  23. Thanks, guys! Sorry I couldn't get back to the thread sooner. I got distracted with another video project, this one on Social "I'm a careerist" Repose! Link in spoiler: Anyway, I'll be updating the Twisters soon. The black in the tornado made it look weird, as it was a leftover of my original plan for the design - meet Twisty the Tornado! I held onto it for too long. Now it's my sleep paralysis demon. Thanks! Oh, I firmly agree with you there with the Sonics nastiness. I picked those colors because they look so close to the Marlins' eventual color scheme and I wanted to prove that they could look pretty good in a baseball context. I'd like to think they do. Preferably, the Sonics don't move in this timeline, leaving OKC with the Hornets (who change their name to the Thunder and let the Bobcats take the name - whereupon they screw up the design because Michael Jaundice) and the Marlins. New Orleans would be like hockey Atlanta, except without the weirdos trying to argue how it could work. I know there are plenty of people who defend the NBA's presence in NOLA, but I'm not one of them. It's basically when all the settlers came rolling into Oklahoma, so it's got a massive local significance. It's also why I included the Survivor Tree, the most notable landmark that could work on the dreamcatcher logo. SAN ANTONIO MISSIONS - The Tan Directive (Pictured: Judge Nelson Wolff, the deadline man) Out of all of the possible destinations for the Marlins, this one had the most clout and activity behind it. This story starts on Opening Day (April 4) 2006 when a San Antonio contingent (lead by Mayor Phil Hardberger, Bexar County Judge Nelson Wolff, and District Attorney Susan Reed) joined Loria and Samson in the owner’s box at Minute Maid Park.1 Statements from both Loria and Samson supported their interest in the market, such as these: Bexar County even had a plan in mind for a $310 million venue, with the city paying $200 million of it by extending the hotel and car rental taxes used to fund the AT&T Center. The county also demanded that local ownership, such as investors like former Vikings owner Red McCombs, be part of the deal. It seemed that this initial interest could carry over into a serious relationship. A follow-up visit by DA Reed also gave credence to a San Antonio move.5 San Antonio made their deadlines for interest clear. Bexar County had an August 15th deadline to get the tax extension measures on the November ballot. Judge Wolff demanded that the team commit to a relocation plan by May 15th.6 This deadline would put pressure on the Marlins and MLB to either make a serious commitment to San Antonio or attempt to get something done in South Florida. Ultimately, the San Antonio talk and the additional visits to cities forced the hand of Miami-Dade County, leading to the first stages in Marlins Park’s conception. The Marlins missed their May 15th deadline, firmly illustrating that San Antonio was, like OKC, Portland, Las Vegas, and Charlotte, a mere ploy to get things done in South Florida.7 San Antonio missed out on hosting an MLB club, which put an end to much of their Big Four ambitions outside of the Spurs. Since the construction of the Alamodome in 1992, the city had played host to preseason and regular-season games. However, San Antonio missed on the ‘95 expansion and on possible relocations (the most notable being the Saints pre-Katrina). The Marlins playing the city was just a repeat of that same scenario. Local skepticism had set in during the Marlins’ ploy, with county officials interpreting the club’s silence as a sign of disinterest in the market. There was ultimately no way that the Marlins would sacrifice the No. 17 media market for the No. 37 market.8 In the end, San Antonio forced the Marlins to back up their interests with a legitimate plan, and the Marlins failed to do it. It demonstrated that the Marlins never had any real interest in moving away from South Florida while representing San Antonio’s frustration at being “dicked around” by the Big Four. Instead of pursuing teams, the city could focus on itself.9 However, what if the Marlins? What if San Antonio became the third Texas MLB team? I picked the Missions sobriquet, as it was the longest-lasting minor league identity in the city. It only made sense to promote the name to MLB with the Marlins’ arrival. The design revolves around two colors, black and tan. The tan is the flat version of the “metallic gold” used by several teams (see my Knights concept). I based the primary logo around this photograph of the Alamo. The font is Stengkol, condensed to work on a jersey front. Their cap logo is the secondary, while the tertiary is a combination of a home plate, the Alamo facade, and the San Antonio flag (a somewhat underappreciated design, IMO). The uniforms follow a pretty basic template, with black/tan/black sleeve and trouser trim. Tan letters with black outlines emphasize how the team can “own” that color (like the current Missions should) The socks have two tan stripes, tying into the cap logo. The numerals are from the Wyoming font, as Stengkol’s numbers look terrible. The alternates include a black jersey with the “SA” insignia on the chest, a tan-brimmed cap, and the tertiary on the sleeve. The heritage design emulates the Missions circa 1991, when Pedro Martinez played for the team. I opted not to use that version of the interlocking “SA,” as it reminded me too much of the ASU baseball logo. The jackets are simple designs derived from their respective identity packages. I didn’t want to use white outlines on the retro outerwear, but since the originals had them, I opted to insert them. Much like the Spurs, San Antonio baseball can have a minimalist design that doesn’t try to do anything that crazy. C+C is much appreciated, as always! Up next, what if San Antonio had a more… radical design? 1 Brian McTaggart, “Marlins Get Cozier with San Antonio - City’s Political Leaders Meet with Franchise Owner at Minute Maid Park,” Houston Chronicle, April 4, 2006, sec. SPORTS; Tom Orsborn, “S.A. Makes First Pitch to Marlins Owner,” San Antonio Express-News, April 4, 2006, sec. A Section. 2 Brian McTaggart, “Marlins Get Cozier with San Antonio - City’s Political Leaders Meet with Franchise Owner at Minute Maid Park,” Houston Chronicle, April 4, 2006, sec. SPORTS. 3 McTaggart. 4 Barry Jackson, “San Antonio `Very Viable,’ Loria Says,” Miami Herald, The, April 12, 2006, sec. Sports. 5 Jaime Castillo, “D.A.’s Trip to the Ball Game Revives Talk of Reed Relieving Wolff,” San Antonio Express-News, April 8, 2006, sec. Metro and State News; Barry Jackson, “Marlins Get a Serious Suitor,” Miami Herald, The, March 9, 2006, sec. Front; Tom Orsborn, “S.A. Makes First Pitch to Marlins Owner,” San Antonio Express-News, April 4, 2006, sec. A Section. 6 Tom Orsborn, “Wolff Ponders Setting Deadline for the Marlins,” San Antonio Express-News, April 5, 2006, sec. Sports; Tom Orsborn, “Wolff Plans to Give Marlins a Deadline,” San Antonio Express-News, April 16, 2006, sec. Sports; Tom Orsborn, “Marlins Told to ‘Fish or Cut Bait,’” San Antonio Express-News, April 18, 2006, sec. A Section; Tom Orsborn, “Hopes Fade in Pursuit of Marlins,” San Antonio Express-News, April 19, 2006, sec. Sports. 7 Jackson, “San Antonio `Very Viable,’ Loria Says”; Tom Orsborn, “Marlins Tout S.A. at Home,” San Antonio Express-News, April 12, 2006, sec. Sports; Sarah Talalay, “Still Looking for Commitment - Visits to Other Cities on Hold, for Now.,” Sun Sentinel, April 11, 2006, sec. SPORTS; Sarah Talalay, “`Reenergized’ Loria Strikes Positive Note - Owner: San Antonio `serious,’ but MLB Prefers South Florida,” Sun Sentinel, April 12, 2006, sec. SPORTS; Steven Wine, “Another Setback in Marlins’ Ballpark Bid,” Associated Press Archive, May 6, 2006. 8 Ray Buck, “Skeptics Ask Why, Not When,” Fort Worth Star-Telegram, April 21, 2006, sec. Sports; Richard Oliver, “City Carries Weight in Franchise Dealin,” San Antonio Express-News, May 7, 2006, sec. Sports; Orsborn, “Hopes Fade in Pursuit of Marlins.” 9 Richard Oliver, “It’s Time for S.A. to Focus on Itself,” San Antonio Express-News, March 18, 2007, sec. Sports.
  24. Yeah, I’m not a fan of this. It comes across as performative at best, and ultimately rings somewhat hollow. These gestures are nice on the surface, but they’re not really doing anything tangible to forward the cause IMO. The downside of this already seems like it’ll outweigh whatever benefit this is going to bring (probably not much more than extra cash in Nike’s pockets). Ultimately, these major corporations taking these hardline stances over social issues REALLY weirds me out. The whole entire point of companies that large is to make more money for themselves. The NBA, Coke, Chevrolet, EA Sports, and whoever the hell else is putting out these statements of “support” absolutely do not give a single about any of this. They care about separating people from their cash, regardless of their moral stances on things. All of this is nothing more than another marketing angle to get your dough. Right now, supporting social causes is good business, and that’s the only thing that matters.
  25. That Thing They’ll Do: Erie SeaWolves to Play as Wonders July 2, 2020 - 19:13 PM The Erie SeaWolves, Double-A affiliate of the Detroit Tigers, will play a game in 2021 as the Wonders, an homage to the 25th anniversary of the movie That Thing You Do! The nickname comes from the name of a fictitious rock band from Erie, Pennsylvania, featured in the movie, initially Read More...
  26. Crosby Field and the Agreed Monster, autocorrect is really taking batting practice on page 9 here
  1. Load more activity

• Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?