All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I like the jerseys but I think the logo could use some work it looks a little akward with just two legs and a little like a drumstick. Would love to it with 4 legs or a color swap of last year’s to match the normal coloring.
  3. So Arlington Heights is still in play?
  4. Which underscores how good an idea it is to think beyond the box sometimes regarding hyper-localized identities. I mean shoot, Vegas just did it. There's nothing about Vegas that infers anything about knights (unless some sarcastic peazy somewhere wants to bring up the Excalibur), and that doesn't even address the irony of the Golden Knights playing in the Silver State. Yes, we all know how why the team has the Knights nickname, but the point is that sometimes fun branding is fun whether [hyper-]localized or not. All I'm saying is if people have to go to the extreme ends of the galaxy to find some hyper-local source material for a team brand, perhaps maybe it's time to reevaluate the approach altogether. A little bit of whimsy never hurt anyone. (See Exhibit A: Kraken, Seattle for a significant example.) So, if Smitty n' em want to look beyond the state for a mascot that "works"...or find some nickname that may be, oh I don't know, "out of this world", so be it. I personally am coming around on the idea of "Yeti" just for the phonetic alliteration alone. (Wait--is "Yeti" plural in the same vein as "moose" or "deer"??? Somehow, "Yetis" doesn’t really flow right to me.) But whatevs...we'll see how this goes.
  5. This is going to be an unpopular opinion, but with teams doing the mono-color pants/socks look, blank pants bother me less. Say the lions wore blue pants and blue socks on gameday... I actually think it looks worse when there are pants stripes versus blank pants. The leotard look bothers me so much more when i see a pants stripe just end but the pants color continues, if that makes sense.
  6. While the Broncos and Texans new duds are 'meh', none of the unis unveiled so far this year are anywhere near as bad as those three uniforms. Let's hope that was the low point in Nike's tenure.
  7. Utah is a weird/hard location to really nail down an identity. It invokes 'cold, snow covered mountain' thoughts, but in reality, the vast majority of it is rugged desert terrain. So, even though a wild-west/desert animal nickname would be realistic, it doesn't actually fit well, because no one thinks that way.
  8. My ideal Bruins jerseys moving forward are the previous jerseys with the centennial logo on the front.
  9. The problem with the Phoenix market that doesn't get mentioned nearly enough... if all the market needed was a great owner to come in on a white horse, you'd think that with the revolving door of owners that the team had and even with the team being sold by the league itself from the clearance rack that somebody with more business acumen than Bob Kazamakis would have put in an offer. It's not just the market from an infrastructure standpoint. Nobody wants to buy into it and the only reason Meruelo is still involved at this point is that he needs an anchor for his sports betting grift.
  10. That's the rumor. They were already testing black jerseys for TV presentation. https://mayorsmanor.com/2023/12/report-la-kings-exploring-jersey-changes-for-next-season/
  11. You know, I absolutely hated the 2015 Browns uniforms, the 2014 Buccaneers, the 2013 Jags...but I like these Houston uniforms. If you like the number font, like I do, you'll probably find the set tolerable, as with many sets everything hinges on that font, and I like this one a lot. It's fun without being (my opinion) stupid and gaudy. That home uniform is great. Will look excellent 5-6 times a year. That collar looks fantastic. I LOVE the brighter red and how it pops on the blue. I'm hoping that they pair the alternate jersey with the white pants at least once. As long as they wear the navy pants and white socks, the away set is ALSO great (navy - white - navy looks good for any navy team). I KNOW it sounds crazy, but I'm enjoying these color rushes a lot. The bright blue and red are really singing off of the dark blue -- all of the accessories look bright, fun. I'm not as crazy about the bull helmet as other people are. I wish they had just put the standard logo on all of the helmets. The new secondary logo is fine, but it looks better on hats/jackets/accessories like teams utilize their secondary logos. I also think these will look better on the field than they do now. Overall, they aren't better than the Lions redesign, but definitely better than the Broncos.
  12. What do you want to bet that Joey Kuras or another one of his employees actually composed it? It’s not so far-fetched anymore. Video for those who don’t get the references. Side note about Tommy: his McMansion (that wasn’t on Cribs) has been listed for sale. The Spider-Man room is still very much there, even though the stagers took out some of the tacky stuff. It ended already, when the Senators tried to pretend they were connected to the Silver Seven. Speaking of which, I still wish the =O= set was promoted to primary status.
  13. Utah Jell-O Moldzz. Still an option.
  14. 1. I don't have any insight on the usage of 279...just speculation on my part that the NFL might want the Texans to use a different shade in order to differentiate their color from TN. 2. I think that the manufacturer(s) dictate - to a large degree - what colors are used. Don't know about any past or present league mandates. 3. Ironically, the sheets I just got for the Broncos neglected to define the Royal Blue and the Light Gray (used on the alt pants). All that is used are custom RGB values that don't match up to anything in the Pantone library, or even the Nike colors that I can tell. I have provided estimates, but I am not all that confident that they are accurate. Along those lines, I should mention that the beveling on the Texans' new numbers (Navy and Color Rush jerseys) are just tonal screens, and not additional colors. 4. I had a heated argument on this board years ago about this subject, but what I do is display the *intended* color. I understand that even though I have estimates of Orange 179 C and Blue 293 C for the Broncos of that era, that what was worn on the field wasn't always a true match to those color values. I own a 1970s-era NFL style guide, and even though Pantone values hadn't been adopted at that time, the league provided color tear-off chips for color matching. I can take those sheets and compare to my physical Pantone guides and make fairly accurate estimates of the intended color. The argument I had in the past was in regards to the Cowboys' ever-changing Metallic Blue pants of the '60s and '70s. It was said to me that I needed to estimate each variation - they seemed to change color from year-to-year. I argued that the intentional color (again, from the physical style guide I have) was close to PANTONE 8200 C, so that's the color they were *intending* to replicate. If I were to attempt to account for every manufacturer variation and dye lot discrepancy, I'd never get anything done. Oh - and I have found that occasionally, teams have provided alternate colors for helmet color mismatches - the Rams for a while designated 281 for the helmets and 287 for the uniforms, and back in the '70s, the Eagles had a darker shade of Green for their helmets as well. The Giants were probably just picking a stock helmet shell color that looked better with their uniform color.
  15. Today
  16. They do own purple, but black is such a raveny color I think it has to stay. Plus, they may be the only AFCN team with black as their primary color in this series...
  17. No argument here. If there's going to be a better save in the playoffs, I can't wait to see it. Holy indeed.
  18. https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/40014492/reggie-bush-heisman-trophy-returned Reggie Bush getting his Heisman Trophy back. Reggie Bush has his 2005 Heisman Trophy back, as the Heisman Trust announced Wednesday the formal "reinstatement" of the trophy to Bush amid what it calls "enormous changes in the college football landscape." The Heisman Trust's decision comes after Bush forfeited his Heisman Trophy in 2010 in the wake of significant NCAA sanctions for USC, which included Bush receiving improper benefits during a Trojans career that spanned from 2003 to 2005. As part of the decision Wednesday, the Heisman Trust is returning the Heisman Trophy to Bush and a replica to USC. Bush will again be invited to all future Heisman Trophy ceremonies, beginning in the 2024 season.
  19. I think that this spells the end of franchise continuity in the NHL. Only MLB survives. For now.
  20. Referencing an other sport entirely lol....why not the Utah Slam Dunkers, Utah 3rd basemen or Utah Pickleballers?
  21. I was hoping that's what we'd get for next season and beyond. At that point I could at least live with the weird stripes and white numbers.
  22. A hockey team logo where it’s someone skiing down a mountain. Seems fitting?
  23. This is the best option for the turquoise jerseys if they actually hit the field during the season.
  24. I've always pushed for a retro ski vibe for one of the mountain-region MLS teams but it would work for hockey too. Maybe even better, as a winter sport. Especially at this current moment where REI-chic is still pretty on-trend. Maybe he got a focus group to tell him that the practice-jersey Jazz was simply too galaxy-brained to work.
  25. I don't know if this has been asked before but is there a function to the leggings players wear now? Personally I would like them more if I knew there was a function and if players wore them in the right colors, or at least what I would consider the right colors.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.