All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Exactly. The Lions had looked good in the past, but never had a stripe unique to themselves. The Barry uniforms used the Steelers stripes when long, Cowboys stripes when short, and Chiefs stripes when they’re cuffed all the way up like #75. They got more unique, but added black to the fray which was a bad idea and never felt right. I actually liked the Megatron/Suh era uniforms, but they overplayed their hand with the black facemask and black wordmark in the endzone. They eventually go back to blue/grey only and switch to a Northwestern stripe, which the Giants aways do better, and now the Cardinals aways too. Now we’ve FINALLY solved it. A mix of Mustang Racing Stripes and the old logo that actually works. It isn’t Nikespeak to say it evokes feelings of both those things. They actually nailed it. The set has its problems, but that stripe isn’t one of em. That’s what a Lions home uniform is supposed to look like to me.
  3. If the Lions really did want the metallic sheen on pants but "although they will lack the sheen of some of the franchise's earlier looks because of limitations with the fabric Nike utilizes " how is this acceptable? A huge comapny is unable to fulfill the request of one of the biggest businesses in the world? A request for a product that existed 40 years ago?! Unacceptable. Im not terribly impressed by the striping: the helmet centerline ratio seems different than the pants. And the shoulder silver/white will look poor from any distance. Now for an unpopular opinion: going from their unique font to block is a step backward.
  4. RE: This is going to be another Cleveland Browns vs Cincinnati Bengals feud. The nearly identical colors, same conference, same division, playing twice a year, and also having a deep-rooted history (with the Browns and the Bengals it is Paul Brown; with the Titans and Texans it is the City of Houston).
  5. If a team is going to insist on doing BFBS, at least make it look good. And I would argue the Lions did exactly that with this set
  6. I heard that Youppi was there for a bit until he was adopted by the Canadiens.
  7. I feel like there will be one good uniform and 3 bad ones, and everybody will question why they didn't just go with the one good one across the board
  8. You are right. The Panthers should of been this look. But why would they continue to keep the silver helmets is beyond me.
  9. I won't lie ... I had the same thought. Plus, Salt Lake City MORE so in the mountains than Denver is. Denver is basically Kansas.
  10. Complain about the black jersey or blue helmet. But this? They nailed the home uniform. Is it different than the Barry Sanders look? Sure, but it definitely gives off the same vibe. Not to mention that the double stripe they chose pays homage to this stripe application. They didn’t just pick it randomly.
  11. Today
  12. Erik Kramer's jersey looks almost exactly the same as what they just unveiled.
  13. Rocky Mountain Xtreme Part of the mountain range is in Utah, so the name could work.
  14. Really. How fxxxing hard would it have been for the Lions to just have gone back to these instead?
  15. Penguins wore the Vegas gold jerseys in Game 5 of the 2001 ECF - final playoff game of the Lemieux/Jagr era
  16. Need to know why @jakgol is the only one to give this a dislike. That H-tOwn emblem sucks a fatty
  17. The improper sock wearing
  18. Nah, he just went to go live on a farm and play all day with Pucky the Whale, Thrash, and Badaboum.
  19. Concepts are all good. Only critique is the numbers of a bit big. Suggestion to make them slightly smaller.
  20. Tampa Bay Lightning Colorado Avalanche Minnesota Wild Seattle Kraken Utah Something ‘Utah’s ready for a team,’ new owner says Smith said the NHL team has contracted with Doubleday & Cartwright, an independent creative studio that has worked on brand identity with pro sports teams and companies like Apple and Nike.“ They’ve done so many of these identities,” he said. “They’re the best on the planet. They’re there to go run that process. I’m not going to rush them. Like, it’s really important that we’re not saying, ‘Hey, this has to be ready by the fall, especially when it’s going to be ‘Utah Something.’
  21. I got the Mount Nebo/Wasatch Range in there, and the hockey sticks as well... I was thinking of a U or the state outline, and maybe abstractly you can say the neck (although was going more for a shield feel to that)
  22. AIR CHINA Honestly, I had some difficulty in designing a set for Air China, despite its simplistic livery that was inherited from its predecessor CAAC Airlines. Thus, I went with a straightforward approach by using the exact livery design from top to bottom. White is my color choice for the primary uniform, with the blue one being designated as the clash jersey. Both are paired with grey pants to mimic the belly color of Air China's fleet. There's a specific reason why I chose red to be the number color, and that is to simulate what's on the empennage, where the airline logo is the only red element on the livery, aside from the Chinese flag. Since the airline is China's flag carrier, I had to make an alternate uniform that really speaks of the Chinese culture. With that, the alternate uniform draws inspiration from the Red Phoenix livery, which relies heavily on red and gold. Except for the white helmet, this uniform is all-red from top to bottom. And if you look closer, the shade of red that's used on the helmet decals is darker in contrast to the usual red from the regular uniforms.
  23. With all this talk about the sheen on the Lions silver pants, I did some digging. As a Georgia Bulldogs guy, I have been interested in this topic because it’s often a point of contention amongst fans who long for the “true” silver britches to return. Lo and behold, according to the Detroit News: Looks like I quickly got my answer. Edit - all blue still appears to be an option.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.