All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I mean this isnt the first time we've had an inactive NHL franchise. The Quakers, Maroons and Americans were inactive franchises for several years, before the NHL pulled the plug on all of them. I suppose after 5 years if the Coyotes arent back, then either the NHL cancels the franchise, or the league takes over and sells it to someone else..
  3. Sweet Lordy Jesus on a flaky biscuit, what is that. Pants stripes aren't meant to be on the inner thighs, gang. Also, what are your team's colors besides "yes?"
  4. Ah, so the arena plans will get up and running properly once he brings on Jerry Falwell Jr. as an investor.
  5. Kidding. It was a bad joke. But seriously, I'm a big fan of your site. I was wondering about when you would update the colors, but I figured you were waiting until all four sets were unveiled.
  6. So the exclusive negotiating window that NBA has with Turner and ESPN has expired, and now others can make bids for the NBA TV rights. Amazon and NBC are contenders according to the Athletic. If NBC returns, I want to see this return:
  7. I would sooner trust Tommy Tallarico to run an NHL team than Meruelo. So yeah, I doubt he’s gonna be able to do much with his franchise certificate.
  8. 285 C is a fairly common shade. I mean - the Packers, Steelers, Chargers, Chiefs, Commanders, and Cardinals all use 1235 C. Can't easily trademark particular colors (at least, not without a whole lot of legal hurdles).
  9. Those tweets from the Hurricanes account were cringy, but I guess they accomplished their goal and really got under the skin of some Islanders fans. Imagine being so mentally fragile about your team losing a game that you look up a staff directory to harass people.
  10. Thanks. Edited. Got any other feedback?
  11. So are they ripping off the Chargers now?
  12. You have Atlanta Falcons written on the top left.
  13. The Chicago Tribune has some details. After the White Sox said they needed $2 billion in public funding to build their ballpark and got a rather frosty reception to the idea, the Bears realized they'd need to temper their request a bit to make it palatable and -- ahhhh, I'm just yankin' your chain, they want $2.3 billion in public money.for whatever $4.6 billion piece of garbage they want to plunk on the lakefront. From the Tribune article, I give you the hero America needs, sports economist J.C. Bradbury:
  14. I didn't get the impression that bruins fans wanted to send all of my friends to re-education camps, for one thing, but I digress.
  15. Today
  16. How.... that seems impossible for a college hockey fan.
  17. That game is what brought us hashmarks. Also the field was 80 yards long so they kept 'moving the chains' back 20 yards after a team reach midfield to make them go the additional 20 they were missing. Prior to this game, the ball was spotted where a player went down at. If they went out at the sideline, the ball was put in play along the sideline. The narrow field meant teams could 'move the ball away from the wall' at Chicago Stadium (they also gave up a down to do this). The next year the NFL codified it as the rule, and the ball could only be spotted inside the hashmarks. No matter how far wide a player was tackled.
  18. I think I’ve made my stance on the Texans set clear for the past 11 hrs, but here’s the condensed version- What I like- • The home set is clearly the best of the bunch • I guess the away jersey is alright, but it should’ve followed the home jersey design • The stripes on the white pants and regular blue pants What I don’t like- • Everything else is awful and embarrassing • Managed to make the AFC South bluer 5/10
  19. The league just needs consistency. Teams should be forced to designate a certain jersey for home and away that they must wear for 75% of those games. The Bucks being a green at home team is fine, and i think they should make that their home look, they just need to wear it consistently.
  20. So - this new lighter Blue (officially designated as "H-Town Blue Light") is NOT the same shade as the old Oilers/Titans Columbia Blue/Titans Blue. Probably the reason the NFL said to go ahead with this. Original Columbia Blue on left, new H-Town Blue Light on right:
  21. Buffalo Bills: The first major logo change from 2020. I rated my 2020 Bills logo among the best in the series, but as time passed it fell further and further and is now among my least favorite. It feels too collegiate, maybe. The new logo is closer to the current, but beefed up and simplified. Home: Very similar to the 2020 set. The Bills have been using stripes and stripes and stripes for a while now, but I think they'd be better served with a simpler stripe scheme. These stripes are directly from the red streak in the logo and cross onto the chest instead of being stuck on just the caps. Away: An inverse of the home. You'll start to notice that I'm a big proponent of Home and Away being a matching pair. With the 4 uniforms per team this will likely be the case throughout. For this set of H&A I'd be fine with pants swapping, so long as socks are opposite color to the pants. Alternate: The Bills will get some home field advantage come December, but they may want to stick to the run game as finding whiteout receivers in whiteout conditions might be a bit tough. Nobody in the NFL really uses baby blue, so I figured this would be the perfect opportunity. The NFL seems to be going the direction of patterns within numbers, so I gave that a try. The NFL Referees Association is already penning a letter addressing the visibility issues of this set. Hall of Fame: This set is based on the 1946 Buffalo Bisons, with the winged helmet altered to really show of those bison horns.
  22. After digesting the unveiling, these are my thoughts. Pros Not as disjointed as I thought it be. Thankfully it's no Dallas. I like the brighter red. I like the red bull helmets. At least we have stripes on all pants albeit incomplete. OK with the Old English H. My mother and brother don't like it. Unpopular opinion: I do like the number font. It has grown on me. It's on all jerseys giving them all one unifying element. Red jersey is ok. Like the previous set, it's actually symmetrical with the white. I do like the Color Rush though I wish that jersey was light blue but I guess the BESFs threw a pi$$y, hissy fit. At least H-Town is only on one jersey. Cons NAVY IS STILL THE DAMN PRIMARY. The primary is the most basic of all basic. Now we look like a Bears ripoff Navy numerals on the away. Two navy helmets? Should be just one navy candy-colored paint swapping the decals. Should have used white or light blue for the third. Like what we seen with the Broncos sample, Texans will probably wear yoga pants with in every combo like they did a most of last year. I was one of the ones that said last year "Hey, the Cards were OK outside the college wordmark, maybe they'll wear them in good combos". Boy was I wrong. 6.9/10. May buy Madden to play with combos.
  23. Home Not surprised that this is the most popular one here, but IMO it's the clearest downgrade of the main 3. All they really did was take out most of the red and it's worse for it. Also some pretty odd decisions like single color TV numbers and repeating the helmet logo on the sleeves. It's fine, it's just bland, and it doesn't fit the vision for the rest of the (main) set. Grade: B- Away My personal favorite. Suffers from less red like the home, but I like the horns a lot. It's an interesting design that feels like a natural evolution of the USC stripes they've been using since day 1. Wish the numbers were still red but navy's fine. Not much else to say otherwise, solid look. Grade: A Alternate 1 It uses the same template as the away, which I like for continuity. I already said I like the horns as a design element, and the helmet is stunning. However, there are some flaws that bring it down a notch, the most glaring being the inconsistent use of white. I don't like that the horns on both helmet and jersey don't have white accents while the numbers and pant stripes do - it's one of those small details that'll badger me every time I see it. I'd also prefer white numbers, but again navy's fine. Grade: B Alternate 2 Yeah there's not much good with this one. The helmet logo is pretty bad and the red's very bright and sticks out a lot. I don't like the execution of the love ya blue either. Feels like a college "big game" alternate, and not the good kind. Grade: D- Overall I wish they'd fully committed to the away and red alternate's design. While there are certain things they could've improved on with both of them I see the vision and I think it'd be a pretty good update while keeping the spirit of the originals. But, since they didn't, the uniforms aren't "uniform" and it hurts the entire set. For almost half of their games, they'll look worse than they could've if they'd just stuck to the plan, and that's the worst part. Grade: C+
  24. So the Coyotes are basically the Malta of the NHL.
  25. They'll have to park at their respective Metra stations and take the trains in. Then when they all get there we'll get into the Guinness Book of World Records for most people simultaneously yelling the n-word. It would be funny if Soldier Field left the colonnades but otherwise became a parking lot. I'm just sitting here like "well BigMac12 sure showed me."
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.