All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. They still get paid for a certain amount of time even if it's called not long after employee start times.
  3. Today
  4. The Jazz want to "own" a color... but they want to give the fans their purple back... but they want to be ahead of the trends... but they want a clean and simplified palette. Lavender and black is right there, being very patient and waiting to be picked.
  5. It's kind of funny to see so many people wanting the Jazz to use purple, light blue and copper... Pretty sure I got a lot of crap when I suggested those same colors a few years ago
  6. Rangers have a jersey sponsor, Energy Transfer, or something like that I've never heard of. Bummer.
  7. That’s not how I read it. We already know ST jerseys got the axe recently so anything in their wardrobe must satisfy the 4+1 (besides one offs) and could technically be worn in-season. Whether that actually happens remains to be seen.
  8. Tonight, we're on a tour of the University of Minnesota system! First up, the University of Minnesota Golden Gophers. Listen, I don't need to explain Minnesota Hockey to you, Minnesota fans are more than happy to do that at length. Minnesota's got a very storied history, but without the jersey consistency of some of the other schools with similar histories. As should be clear by now, in situations like this, I like to break out the mashup of eras jerseys to create something entirely new, that fits the team's history. Luckily, this is a (obviously) a Minnesota school, so you can follow along at Vintage Minnesota Hockey. Here, I started off with the Kurt Russell era jerseys from the 1970s. The team's three titles in that era made the Flyers type sleeve stripes an obvious starting point. However, rather than the yellow yoke stripes on both jerseys, I took inspiration from the school's other two national titles in 2002 and 2003, bringing a maroon yoke to the home jersey with yellow cuffs. My favorite Minnesota jerseys are the 2018-2023 jerseys that saw two frozen four and one national title game appearance. For the home jersey, I maintained the maroon-yellow-maroon stripe, and on the road jerseys I added a floating white stripe. Finally, I didn't like a double hem stripe for this jersey, I know it's very commonly used for Minnesota, but I decided that a northwestern stripe on the hem fit the overall look better, and also has a place in the team's jersey history. ----------------- Our second team is the branch campus school that has risen to become the top dog (unintentional pun) of Minnesota hockey, the Minnesota Duluth Bulldogs. Like, the Gophers, you can follow along here at the Duluth page. Here's the thing, I do not like what Minnesota Duluth wears. It's an overused joke, but they look like when a show can't get the rights to actual Minnesota Gophers jerseys so they get a generic jersey in the same colors. However, I LOVE Duluth's 1980s jerseys. The color blocking they use is so unique, and made the bulldogs really stand out. There were several versions of the design during their first run to the national title game, but I decided to go with the version with the bulldog head. No real reason other than I liked it slightly better. The only other major change was increasing the size of the hem stripes to better match the color blocking on the sleeves, and returning to a slightly lighter maroon color. The current maroon has reached a point where it is bordering on purple and I wanted a color that could stand out a bit more from the main campus while still maintaining the University of Minnesota color scheme.
  9. Lol these are all rumors from Brady2024 in a uniwatch article from February. None of this has been really confirmed. Lukas acknowledged he doesn't know if any of this is true. Brady2024 claimed the Broncos were going to sign Tom Brady at the start of feee agency and he’s changed his descriptoon of certain details multiple times. He’s pretty much as credible as @willforgetmylogin if not the same guy.
  10. Yeah, I enjoy the big stripe jersey, its fun and unique. I had originally planned on using a modified version of the big stripe but ultimately it didn't really pan out how I wanted it so instead I used the pattern basis for the design I went with.
  11. This could be worse than the Commanders...
  12. I’d love to see the Jazz go back to a purple, copper, white scheme. Maybe a little of light blue thrown in. The copper is
  13. I’d be more terrified of a Texan than of a lion, eagle, bear, titan, Tank, ram, etc.
  14. Let's make it interesting and allow the road teams to bring their animal too. Tell me Panthers - Lions wouldn't be a straight up banger. Then again, Rams - Jaguars could get pretty ugly. Bears - Bengals would be an epic battle. I guess we'd need a tank for the Dolphins. Turning an eagle and a falcon loose in a domed stadium could be fun. Teams without animal names can opt for using the gorilla. Only if they have no idea where the cannon balls are going to go. Aiming takes all the fun out if it. Let's keep it equal and random. I don't see the problem with this.
  15. Can't start going with team-themed gimmicks. Don't want this to get gimmicky and silly. Besides - what are the Browns going to do - excavate and bring out Paul Brown's skeleton for a play? To let the defenders throw his bones at the other QB? I don't see a need to fix the gorilla rule and make things even more complicated for average fans to understand. The only reason I'd change it to pythons or condors is if the gorillas went on strike. Please stop with these silly and impractical rule changes.
  16. The full post uses wording that seems to suggest that it will be a mix and match situation.
  17. As long as the Bucs can shoot off real cannon balls from their ship, I’m good with it.
  18. OMG replay officials make about the worst call I've ever seen on a cut-and-dried out-of-bounds call. How the hell can reviews occur when they're plain and obvious, and then the referees announce that it's clear and obvious the other way? Not sure what the spread is in this game, but it's basically like saying "we've reviewed the call and determined that 2+2 = 5". The funny think is that this is about the first 30 seconds of NBA basketball I've watched all year, and I turn it on during a replay that to my naked eye without any context should not have even occurred, and then they reverse what seemed like a completely obvious out-of-bounds play. And it decides the game. Anyone who thinks there's not fixing or "tilting" going on is a fool. Literally anyone that doesn't think there's some manipulation is a fool. EDIT: I watch 7 minutes of basketball (that represents 40 seconds of action) and see a total fix. If anyone saw that replay (the first one) and can argue that it should have been overturned, I'd love to hear the explanation. Referee bullcrap reversal of a clear call decides the game. It's so bad they shoudl be suspended and investigated for gambling.
  19. Puma basically copied Adidas with this template huh?
  20. Is the logo staying the exact same or are there some tweaks there as well? I hope it isn't touched.
  21. I'd be honesty shocked if they don't postpone at least one Dodger game this weekend as rare as postponements are here. Imagine people trying to navigate that parking lot in a downpour.
  22. Hell, why not have different animals for different stadiums? Thanksgiving afternoons would certainly be spiced up with a lion on the field.
  23. With the Caps and Wiz staying in DC (a no-brainer) with $515 million in renovations, the floor has been set for luring the WTFs back to the RFK stadium site. However, I suspect it will cost DC at least $1.5 billion for redevelopment and bringing football back to the District. The only metric I am going with is the construction cost of NFL stadiums from a 2022 article.
  24. Puma leaks from Esvaphane twitter. Austria: Switzerland: Iceland: Serbia: Czechia (they already unveiled them officialy):
  25. Where did I say that local TV weather hairdos are good at forecasting weather? I said weather forecasting is better and it is.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.