All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yeah Reflog is a Cleveland sports fan account that usually just posts memes. He's not connected to the team and I wouldn't use him as a source for uniform news. Orange facemasks make so sense. Especially since ownership already confirmed a few seasons ago that white was coming back at some point.
  3. He's also a radio host in Cleveland. I'm not saying he's right, thus my "take it with a grain of salt" disclaimer, but he's not a guy who just makes things up for engagement. His Browns news is pretty legit.
  4. Is it just me or do these jerseys not match with the pants?
  5. Dodgers players are reportedly wearing last year's pants for Opening Day. Someone will have to track the belt loops to see if anyone else follows suit.
  6. There's enough bones in the human body so that each player on Cincinnati and Cleveland could get one, and each team could choose one time during the game to bring out their bones (clip that for the 'no-context posts' thread). I assume the popular bones would be the bigger ones like the femur, but I'd love to see them somehow piece together a hand and throw it so that it bats down a pass, or piece together a foot and throw it such that Deshaun Watson gets kicked in the face by the decayed foot of his own team's founder.
  7. Not a bad concept, especially the dull gold and coal colors. Although forcing the Yankees to have alternates would probably just lead to them wearing big NY Highlanders throwbacks.
  8. I guess April 1 came early this year.
  9. Given that the account in question on that Browns facemask lists themself as a parody in their bio, I'm going to assume there is no orange facemask.
  10. I do love Opening Day. Pic related is the first Opening Day at Kauffman Stadium.
  11. Best I can tell, the orange masks are only going to be an alternate. For now, anyway. That said, the Browns are always gonna Browns. 'Twas ever thus.
  12. Today
  13. Happy Opening Day! This is a series over a year in the making. When Nike’s 4+ 1 rule went into effect prior to the 2023 season, it got me thinking: Taken to its logical extreme, what if Nike not only limited each team to four jerseys, but mandated that number? What would it look like if teams who have historically refrained from wearing alternates, such as the Yankees, Dodgers and Tigers, suddenly had two each? Now, I want to make it clear that I in no way condone such an idea. This is simply a creative exercise to imagine what it would look like if all 30 MLB teams had five uniform options. The truth is the majority of the league isn’t actually impacted by the 4+ 1 rule. As such, I’ll be leaving those teams alone. I will, however, be using this series as an opportunity to fix some things that have always bugged me about a few teams’ looks; no major redesigns, just some tweaks here and there. I also want to avoid teams having multiple jerseys of the same color (which includes their City Connect), which, in some cases, will demand some outside the box solutions. Side note: Even though I really wanted to launch this series on Opening Day, this project will roll out a bit slower than my previous series, as I'll be waiting on the remaining nine City Connects slated for this season to be unveiled before I tackle those teams. PITTSBURGH PIRATES: HOME: ROAD: HOME ALT: ROAD ALT: CITY CONNECT: Notes: - Pittsburgh gets a new off-white, sleeveless home set that harkens back to the team’s late ‘50s-60 look. The road and road alt are now sleeveless, as well. - As mentioned in my introduction, I wanted to avoid teams having multiple jerseys of the same color, so the Bucs' current black-on-black alternate is replaced with a new early-mid ‘70s pullover style home alt. - I simplified the design of the road alt by dropping the strokes around the “P” and numbers. - The City Connect uses the scrapped "Steel City" wordmark and anthracite color suggested by @GriffinM6. C&C appreciated! I'll have another team up soon.
  14. Correct. Kickoffs Kickoffs will look like more traditional college/NFL kickoffs but will take place from the 20-yard line of the kicking team. A kickoff out of bounds will give possession to the receiving team 30 yards from the spot of the kickoff or at the spot where the ball went out of bounds. A kickoff that is untouched by the receiving team may only be recovered by the kicking team up to 20 yards from the spot of the kick. Other Kicking/Touchback Rules All touchbacks on kicks (punts or kickoffs) will be placed at the receiving team’s 25-yard line. Any punt that goes out of bounds inside the receiving team’s 25-yard line will be considered a touchback and placed at the 25-yard line. Non-kicking touchbacks will also be placed at the 25-yard line.
  15. Without the (non-sublimated) storm flag striping and silver accents, they look just like any other Red, Black and White team... The inaugural set is miles better than the red Adidas version and its conceptual white counterpart.
  16. With the NFL adopting the XFL kick off, is the UFL going to use it now? Last I heard Daryl Johnston hated it and so they are using the USFL kickoff which was just the traditional NFL kick off.
  17. OH :censored:! Just leave the Ravens and Packers alone. I know damn well the ones I bold will have lack luster alternate helmets. Imagine, Jaguars go with teal helmets which to me will look horrendous in many aspects if they use the chrome type of shell that the Giants and Rams defaults are as well as the red alt helmet of the Texans. But if they use flat, then that if fine with me. But that is not the case. Vikings only need their 1969-1995 throwbacks or their 1961-1967 throwbacks, not some hideous alt that is probably going to be white in this case the stupidest looking idea they could come up with. Packers should go back to the navy blue and athletic gold throwback but with grey facemask. Their 1940 throwback is in my opinion the better ones ever. My opinion may be unpopular with the Packers throwbacks, but I prefer the 1940 ones better. I am afraid of what they have in plan for the Giants. This scares me a lot!
  18. I hope that, if this is true, it is only for certain games and not full-time. It might be kind of cool for the Browns to match their facemasks to their pants. If they are trying to switch to orange facemasks full-time, then that simply proves that Browns still gonna Browns.
  19. Take this with a grain of salt...
  20. If I'm going to be honest, keeping the light blue would give the Jays a unique identity in baseball. So much red-white-blue going on in the MLB...I'm getting tired of it and this is much needed for flair.
  21. That link no longer works, but I will say this: 1. I wouldn’t worry about the “Broncos Country” with the state flag on the side. Every hat has a detail specific to the team and most of them appear to be old, or rarely used, or even unique to the hat. 2. It does appear, at least to my eyes, to have a new outline around the logo, but the outline color varies based on the background color, rather than remaining constant.
  22. Jets have a new alternate? So either a black helmet with the classic script, or a white throwback. Either way it is an upgrade on the black helmet from the past couple years, just as the green with the classic script is an upgrade on the green from recent years. That’s a win! Insert GIF of a third hand slapping Frank Drebin from the second Naked Gun movie.
  23. I actually am perhaps a TINY bit more fond of the set from part of Billy Sims’ career, where they had silver numbers but with a white outline. I agree that silver numbers with no outline don’t work well on a Honolulu blue jersey.
  24. I'm putting these two here side by side. I'm torn, personally. I think that the darker blue, although it doesn't contrast well with the black, is much more in line with team tradition. I guess a little more context is necessary, but the team's blue uniforms have existed from 1897-1901, 1912-1923, and 1937-41; 46-Present. The blue has almost always been a royal shade, making it kinda their *thing*, I suppose. An excerpt from their original name story is below. I understand aesthetically wanting to shift to a lighter blue, but the more I think about it, I would rather keep it as close to the original blue as possible due to its importance to the team culture. Maybe the squad changes colors after a year? from the lighter blue to the darker blue? Idk tell me y'alls thoughts
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.