All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. One thing about the Broncos the jerseys, I think the "mountain" design on the sleeve cap is going to have a similar effect as the Seahawks "feather", where its going to look like one thing on the players wearing them over shoulder pads, but extra stupid on the jerseys fans buy with the extended sleeves.
  3. That's fair, but I think the Vikings already look dated.
  4. Yep. And I was irrationally upset about it. They designed a logo that theoretically included a backwards "G" on the other side of the ball and, due to the design, had to put the patch on the right side.
  5. This magnificent new lakefront dome would only seat 65,000 instead of Soldier Field's 61,000. It would still be too small for Super Bowls and World Cups and NCAA Final Fours and probably Olympics. This is indescribably stupid! Go away!
  6. They've certainly done a much better job preventing a leak than the Phillies or Mets did.
  7. Lol in the real world, we don't see it much, but the guys on the forums here have done concepts of it plenty of times.
  8. Dover scheme for Erik Jones Corey Heim
  9. Is the successful result of that hiding somewhere because I've never seen it.
  10. Thoughts on the recent reveals: Jets: The switch full-time to the "Sack Exchange" look is fine, I just wish they had used the basis as the foundation and took the time to modernize it a bit. There's a way to fuse modern and traditional, and they shied away from it, so that left me feeling a bit disappointed with it. I have no words for the black alternate, because it's unnecessary. Lions: These are the best, so far, but would rank higher if in wasn't for the incongruency. The standard home set is perfect. All they had to do was add the same striping to the blue and white pants. Maybe add some stripes to the socks, and the Lions are tops of the league in uniform aesthetic. No comment on the alternate, I don't care for it. Broncos: Very underwhelming to say the least. Just at a glance, their new look has a void that I can't quite find the word for. I was really holding out hope that they'd shift from navy blue and back to the royal blue, but it didn't come to be. I just don't have a lot of words for something that is lacking, creatively. At least the numerals have outlines, and the pants have stripes. Not a fan of the design on the helmet. What were they doing in the design process????? Texans: I do like that the home and road sets didn't stray too far from the previous set, but I don't like that the home jersey doesn't mirror the road jersey, that should have been a no-brainer. Road jerseys should have retained the red numerals outlined in navy, to make it feel less "navy-heavy." The H-Town alternate should've featured a white helmet and a H-Town Blue or white jersey, because what's the point of two different navy jerseys in rotation? (I don't care about the compromise they came to) This set has potential, but they missed the mark in some areas.
  11. Today
  12. In a vacuum, these older jerseys are much less bland than the new ones. The new ones are much more boring.
  13. If they did something with NW stripes, it would’ve at least been somewhat compatible with the helmet stripe.
  14. No, because that would require the Bears to actually build something on their own dime. So they'll stay in Soldier Field, sell the Arlington land at a loss, and occasionally mention that Soldier Field is no longer the smallest NFL stadium because the Bills' new one only holds 58,000. That's the ideal outcome, anyway.
  15. A singular black diamond run as opposed to a double black diamond run
  16. So when this all blows up in Kevin Warren's face, do they go back to Arlington Heights?
  17. The Salt Lake Buzz MiLB team had to change thier name in 2000 due to a trademark dilution lawsuit from Georgia Tech, whose mascot is also named “Buzz”. I don’t think Smith would test those waters again.
  18. Agreed. Though, I might add that the Guardians two years ago came out with the Gball logo on the right sleeve.
  19. Not sure how many have voted, but at the poll below, despite 20 names, Yetis have 36% of the vote, with the next closest at 13%. Poll: Vote For Favorite NHL In Utah Team Nickname (kslsports.com) This has to make this name a massive favorite for any official fan vote.
  20. I don't like the name Buzz but I'm kind of shocked that it hasn't been floated more. It checks off the beehive state component, has the double ZZ that matches up with the Jazz and actually sounds pretty natural when you say 'Utah Buzz'.
  21. The only issues I had with that set were the dumb pants stripes and the side panels. The helmet stripe was kinda silly, but it wasn't awful. Lose the side panels, fix the pants stripes, and that's a really nice uniform. I always liked the colors.
  22. I'm pretty sure they used that same blue color in the nba all-star logos when Utah hosted in 2023
  23. Now the Browns just need to find a way to be as much fun to root for as the Kosar and Sipe teams were.
  24. Here's what I can offer: Your average citizen has no interest in going into the weeds on political horse trading or finance structures. What they do know is that this is billions of dollars promised to a team that hasn't done dick-and-a-half for most, if not all, of their entire lifetimes. The last time the city did this for the same team, the end result was a concrete dump nobody likes that went way over budget. And meanwhile, they're reading about all this while they wait for an 'L' train or a bus that was supposed to be here 20 minutes ago and has since disappeared from the tracker, and in that time they also read the story about another robbery crew making a run around town with no chance of getting apprehended. Now public sentiment may not matter much when it comes billions in public money to billionaires, but like I said earlier, the politicians actually in charge of the purse strings here have expressed a profound disinterest. It ain't the '80s or the '90s anymore and enough of the public has gotten wise to these scams that it's trickled up to a good number of the officials dependent on their votes.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.