All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. The current bolts and numbers have the same exact amount of strokes as the uniform from 1988-2007.. so if that previous uniform is the best, then some of the issues you mentioned can't be what makes the current set the worst..
  3. I don't necessarily disagree, but I don't really have any issues with the jersey as-is either.. the curvy, Viking-horn-esque design of the sleeve stripes differs from the straight, traditional pants stripes enough that I'm ok with them being a little different in more ways than just the shape
  4. Seems to me like we’re going through the food inspired uniforms/names craze again, but now with alcoholic beverages
  5. Based on a quick Wikipedia search, I don't think it's ever happened going back to 1967. Let's see some more history Avs!
  6. If Tottenham wins Champions League but finishes behind Arsenal is it still St. Totteringhams Day?
  7. Flip that Floyd of Rosedale around and you've also got these. I think the new MSU uniforms will probably be not really remembered at all. They're bland. It's like when everyone freaked out over Oregon's 124pt font sized numbers last year and then everyone just stopped caring after about 5 minutes.
  8. This one is bound to ruffle some fur: My biggest complaint with the recent Pitt redesign was not the new font. It was not the new Cathedral stripe, which I am a big fan of BTW. It was the colors. I don't have a personal complaint against them, I just prefer the navy/old gold to the royal and yellow. Also, Pitt was definitely not up next, but I felt given the timing of their release, I'd tackle them. Let's jump in: Football - In all honesty, the unveil of the new uniforms really didn't deviate my designs for Pitt much at all. Two helmets, one old gold, one navy. Both have the cursive Pitt logo on both sides. Originally, the stripe existed without the cathedral elements to it, but they dropped that on me, so I made it the cathedral stripe. For the jerseys, I went with the striping pattern from the now previous set of jerseys that also has historical roots with Pitt. I kept the cathedral font because I think it's unique and it's better than the previous font. New Panther logo at the base of the collar. Pants were similar to the helmet, now have the cathedral stripe. Now I wasn't going to completely rid Pitt of the blue/yellow. It's obviously important to them so it wasn't gonna go away. For the blue/yellow alternates, I didn't just throw it back, I kept a lot of the modern aspects, but made the cathedral stripe the focal point. Hockey - Hockey takes on much of the same elements as the football uniforms have. Home and away have the double stripes on the sleeves and the hems, with the scripty Pitt on the chest. Panther logo on the shoulders. Navy and Gold options for helmets. Cathedral stripe down the pants. The alternates focus on the cathedral stripe, eliminated the double stripe in favor of it. Yellow helmet. The club team at Pitt makes use of both blue and yellow pants so I figured an imaginary Div 1 team could too. Baseball - The baseball team gets a similar treatment as well. On the home whites, full (new?) Panthers script. Double stripes on the sleeves, Panther logo up near the back of the collar. Away navy jerseys switch the Panthers script out for the Pitt script instead. One hat/helmet combo: navy hat, gold bill with the standalone P logo on the front panel. Pants have the cathedral stripe down the side, double stripes on the navy socks. For the alternate, navy/gold gives way to royal/yellow, double stripe gives way to full time cathedral stripes. Pitt script on the chest. Put it on a v neck pullover. Pants have the recolored cathedral stripe, royal socks also have the cathedral stripes. Basketball - For basketball, the double stripes weren't going to work on the jerseys, unless they were a side panel which didn't look appealing to me. Plus the IRL Pitt Women's basketball team uses the cathedral stripe as the trim on the jerseys which I think both teams should have made use of. But anyways, here the jerseys get the cathedral stripes as the neck and arm trim. Like baseball, Panthers on the home, Pitt on the away. For the shorts, I used the cathedral stripe on the waistband and the double stripe on the legs of the shorts. Alternate uses much of the same things, but drops the double stripes for a side panel of the cathedral stripe instead. C&C welcome as always!
  9. If the Seattle NFL team was called the Storm, this would be a perfect look for it.
  10. At least in 2016, Asheville was #3 in the United States in breweries per capita. This article from late 2017, however, lists "total microbreweries" at 25, for a rate of 28.1 breweries per 100,000 residents, which would put Asheville at #1. https://www.forbes.com/sites/niallmccarthy/2016/11/01/which-u-s-cities-have-the-most-microbreweries-per-capita-infographic/#1cdd044de19b Asheville was chosen as the East Coast brew hub for the 3rd and 4th-largest craft breweries by volume (Sierra Nevada and New Belgium). None of Asheville's own crack the top 50 craft breweries by volume, but Wicked Weed, Highland, Hi-Wire, and Green Man are all well-known. I'm probably forgetting some - I enjoy craft beer, but I'm not an aficionado. Point is, Asheville is one of the few cities that can legitimately lay claim to a "Beer City" uniform.
  11. Name: Anders Lindberg Age: 47 City: St. Paul, Minnesota Business: Owner of a midwest gas station chain Voting for: North American Football League Reason why: Sounds good and is open to Canada and Mexico down the road
  12. Mets fashion jersey "inspired" by the Marlins black jersey? https://www.mlbshop.com/Mens_Majestic_Black_New_York_Mets_Big_And_Tall_Pop_Fashion_V-Neck_Jersey/p-2329231?_s=ak1944mlb-connx&sku=7711700&utm_medium=cse
  13. Best one this season. Also, either Tottenham or Ajax will be in this year’s champions league final. Let that sink in.
  14. I agree with what you're getting at, Htown. The above is the key to all this. It's not an abomination, insanity, or the worst uniform ever. It's a not too great alternate. In other words, it felt like some reactions to this uniform were a bit over the top, driven by a strong reaction to the colors or else piling on once the somewhat ridiculous size of the wordmark was pointed out. The uniform-sky is not falling because of this below-par alternate.
  15. Today
  16. What do y’all think about the Jaguars Silver Anniversary logo ?
  17. Name: Harold Worthington Age: 36 City: Hartford, Connecticut Business: Major law firm Voting for: North American Football League
  18. Really highlights the nature of the argument. On one side we have: and this: And on the other you have the NFL and athletic programs channeling their inner Nathan Thurm. Pretty stark contrast.
  19. The New York Times comes through with an amazing article. Powerful, powerful stuff. Spends too much time on concussions and not enough on the sub-concussive hits that happen on every single play, but better than most writing on the subject. And, of course, the work from those two Colorado regents is inspiring. I'm glad that some people in positions of responsibility at colleges are starting to see the light.
  20. Maybe try uniforms and photoshop? These last few logos look good!
  21. That's actually the first thing I thought of after I finished those uniforms. I'm still working out how to differentiate the Tigers from Princeton or if I even want to In other news I think I'm going to open up voting on potential new names for the association. 1. Keep United States Football Association - maybe I'm trying to fix what isn't broken 2. Professional League Football - capitalizes on Major League Baseball like name without infringing on the MLF. Keeps door open for Canada 3. North American Football League - Sounds cool and keeps door open for Canada 4. American League Football - baseball like, keeps Canadian door open I want you guys to pretend you're investors and vote using the template below Name: Age: City: Business: Voting for: Reason why: I can't wait to see what you guys think
  22. Would have been awesome to see the Ol' Ball Coach in charge of a reformed Tampa Bay Bandits team and bringing back Bandit Ball.
  23. I'd imagine a couple of the teams that get promoted into the PL could do a kit switch (Wolves to adidas this past year), but I think it'll depend if their deal is up more so than they moved up.
  1. Load more activity

• Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?