All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Jacksonville gonna be like: "what's old is new, the gradients are back"
  3. Unfounded rumors are fun. I think it will happen - and have said so for years - but there's no credence to the "rumors" that are going around right now. Here are the facts of the entire situation if you desire to read into it.
  4. I'm intrigued by the cannonball rule. I'd love to see the range on those things, and how accurate they can get with their anticipated "drop". I'm guessing they couldn't fire them straight forward, or they'd kill their own team (if behind the offense), or potentially kill their own WR or RB if behind the D. They'd have to have an arc that would drop on the opposing offense (preferably accurate enough to fall on the QB/center), and I'm not sure they could do that without hurting themselves too (they could simply sub out all the good players for the play they're going to fire the cannons, but then you've killed (literally) your depth.) My problem with the cannonball rule is it's venturing too close into the baseball rule where every so often one of the balls detonates (or deadly spikes shoot out of it... can't recall) whether it goes into the field of play or into the stands, so you'd have to put your cell phone down if anyone hits a foul ball. I've been thinking more about that rule, and in the interest of fan/player safety, I think they should limit total casualties to 5/game. The problem is, not even the umpires know which balls are equipped with the spikes, since they can't be marked without ruining the gimmick. But again, we're not replacing the gorilla. It ain't broke, doesn't require fixing. Just needs a new labor deal. Maybe a certain number of bananas on game day and better health care (I've heard they want these guys present at every game, even though it's the humans - not the gorillas - that tend to get injured... though that could change if someone fires a cannonball that hits a gorilla, which is yet another reason why we need to be more realistic with some of these proposals.)
  5. There's only around 3 teams that can afford his salary unless the Angles eat half of it, and I think we know where he wants to play. The problem is his health, and he'd have to play the field because said team already has a DH that can't play the field. But it would be nice to see if he can actually perform in games that matter, and in front of crowds that care. I feel very strongly that he isn't even a HOFer now, because he's had literally zero impact on the sport and not shown that he can play when it matters. Nothing in this history of MLB would have unfolded any differently had he never been born. And it's not even about championships at all.
  6. Today
  7. Jacksonville will likely be either a full teal helmet or a teal flake helmet
  8. Well, that could be their way to force their opponents into wearing dark jerseys on the road for maximum contrast Them in yellow vs. their in country rivals PAL in blue would look sick Same with yellow vs. Thai's purple Or yellow vs. Swiss red
  9. If Arena Football allowed third kits then they would have Black and Light Blue shoulders.
  10. You just read my mind! I'll be handling AirAsia next, even before the result of the AirAsia X reorganization comes. I just realized that today. I understand your sentiment and I agree that yellow should be a "road" color for American football if there's no white jersey, but I'm basing the colors primarily from an airline's current livery. It just so happened that Cebu Pacific's paint job heavily uses yellow and white. Also, I considered the fact that the airline's flight attendants wear yellow polo shirts.
  11. Would be nice to see the home be black with light blue shoulders, and the away be the opposite (what you used as the home)
  12. The league got rid of the "Bullets" name because of the gang association, what makes you think they wouldn't do the same for "Dealers"?
  13. That line on the lower back ruins all these Puma jerseys.
  14. This is unfortunately a no from me dawg I do not consider yellow as a suitable color for a "dark" jersey It belongs with the likes of white, cream and light gray as those that should remain as a "light" (or in a football context, "away") jersey
  15. Pretty sure they wouldn't announce it as a new helmet if they're just throwing throwback decals on the existing black helmet shell. I think "alternate helmet" implies a completely new helmet shell that would've been illegal under the previous "one-helmet rule."
  16. Those are the same bland numbers. The original uniforms' italicized font fits the Hurricanes so much better.
  17. Even though it might not be the most original design, that is one clean looking road jersey. The slight pattern is enough for me to think that it has enough uniqueness. I like it. The black gives it some weight. Never liked the red heavy and white look (with the bland numbers) they went with with those jerseys in the early to mid 2010s.
  18. I wouldn’t mind the Jazz using lavander at all. Hell, pair it with dark green, call it a modern reinterpretation of the Mardi Gras color scheme with distinctively outdoorsy vibes, and you have about as good a fusion of Utah and Jazz as you can have. I doubt they would be able to use lavander as a primary so they’d might get Bucks comparisons but the Bucks aren’t using purple and green as primary colors anytime soon. And considering the amount of purple in the NBA and paucity of green, especially in the western conference, it would be smart to focus on green instead of purple.
  19. It's funny you say this because the uniforms in The Show look way better than they do in real life at this point.
  20. I swear I'm not actually planning any of these coincidences (I designed teams by conference not alphabetical order, so I legitimately didn't see any of this coming). Today's teams are the Mavericks and we're getting weird with it First up, the Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks. Minnesota State has a bit of a weird history. During the late 1970s and early 1980s they were one of the best teams in Division 2, winning a national title and appearing in the frozen four 5 times. Then, they actually dropped a level, becoming a D3 school, where they maintained their success, winning a D3 national title in 1991. Then in 1992 they returned to D2 followed by a jump to Division 1 in 1996. It took about 15 years to find real success at the D1 level, but since then the Mavericks have become a near perennial national title contender, culminating in a loss in the national title game in 2022. Once again, our old friend Vintage Minnesota Hockey is here to help you follow along. I've never been a fan of Minnesota State's current logo. It's always felt a bit goofy and very 90s in all the wrong ways. So I was planning on designing a new logo, when I found a treasure. When the team changed their name to the Mavericks they wore a jersey with the team name in the shape of a bull. If I could build a time machine to prevent them from changing to a new logo I would. I modernized the look a bit, particularly making the tail read much more like an 'S' than in the original logo. I also altered the colors to make it more legible on the jerseys. Which brings me to the second important change, the color hierarchy. Despite being historically a purple and yellow school, Minnesota State unfortunately fell into the black for black's sake pitfall in the late 1990s. Rather than climb out they started digging a bigger pit. It got bad that they became an exclusively black and purple team until 2018-19 (outside of a tiny amount of yellow on the 2016-18 jerseys). Thankfully, they've returned to purple and yellow, but I actually think black can have a place in their uniform, but as a tertiary color. Throughout the jersey I established a strict color hierarchy (White)-Purple-Yellow-Black-(White). White either acts as the primary (on the home jerseys) or the quaternary (on the road jerseys) with the other colors shifting up and down in the order. This allows the jersey to include black while still being a bright purple and yellow look. ------------------ Minnesota State was the normal team compared to the Nebraska-Omaha jerseys. (I guess they go by just Omaha now, but I've always known them as Nebraska Omaha, so they're slotting in here). The other Mavericks are one of the fun weird location teams that has limited success, but we still love em (RIP Alabama Huntsville). Okay so bear with me on this one. At some point in time I saw the UNO logo and thought, I want to make that the shoulder yoke design. And so you have a shoulder yoke inspired by the logo design Then I started doing regular stripe designs for the sleeves and thought, it didn't really match the yoke. But rather than give up on the yoke and go with something more traditional, I decided that the entire jersey was now going to be inspired by the logo. Because the sleeves, hem, and socks don't wrap around the same way as the shoulders, I had to get a little creative with the effect, creating a sort of bend in the stripe, causing it to lift as it moves to the right. This bend causes the red portion of the stripe to be on top on the back of the jersey, and the black on top on the front of the jersey. You may note that the red on the logo is actually on top on the front so the stripes are flipped. And I actually did that on purpose. Having everything line up exactly the same in this case just felt kind of lopsided to me, for a lack of a better word, especially on the road jersey. Flipping the colors to the current configuration fixed that. Finally, the numbers and letters are single color and italicized. There's a LOT going on with the stripes all over the jersey, having there be even more going on with the numbers and names was becoming a visual eyesore. I felt that the simplicity of the single color numbers was ultimate the best option both aesthetically and for clarity.
  21. It finally hit me as to what these nike uniforms look like: it's video game renderings. Always something that bothered me about them. even the best games, is that the unis have an uncanny valley vibe. Numbers too small, trim too weird, player names always "off". What if Nike's team is full of people that spent more hours playing 2K or The Show than they did watching baseball. It could explain a lot.
  22. Are the Snakes for real -- or the Rox just really REALLY terrible?
  23. I love teal/white/teal for coastal.
  24. So basically old gold with a dark green stripe. Ok, that makes sense. I was afraid they would have a reverse helmet which is green with the white/athletic gold/white stripes. I was going to check out on that deal.
  25. Oh, I can smell AirAsia down the horizon. Well, the Malaysia one that is.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.