All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Someone say best uniform in the NFL?
  3. The Commanders are retiring 28
  4. Their previous logos have never been anything special either, but this one is rather boring.
  5. If someone gets a hat trick, all fans in attendance get suspiciously free "pizza."
  6. Rays City Connect tease: Sky blue gradient and palm trees as part of the design?
  7. I mean the Kraken did end up going with red as one of their accent colours.
  8. Columbus just signed him to a big extension, so we know he's not long for this club. If we get to keep him for one more season after this I think we'll be lucky. I just hope he doesn't go to the EPL, because unless he's dropped into a club that looks like the Crew I don't think he'll have the immediate level of success he needs to stay long term. I do think Ligue A or a mid-table La Liga squad would be a great spot for him.
  9. I'm not one of those people who roots for your league if your team itself is knocked out -- we don't have the coefficient stuff in North America, rivals can go to hell, MLS is ridiculous anyway -- but I have to say I like the idea of "Columbus, Ohio: continental powerhouse". Obviously MLS will take credit as if they even want that team to exist. How long before Nancy makes the leap to a European side?
  10. I’ll even throw in the Buccaneers as Top 3 candidate. They have a pretty solid set. Even with the all pewter. It’s not even a heinous uniform. The only issue is it lacks orange which will hopefully get fixed for next season. (I do however want them to use a black(?) textured helmet just like Ohio State in 2016 as their second alt helmet)
  11. Reducing the new trim/piping on the home and road uniforms to just the sleeves is a definite improvement.
  12. Columbus Crew win 2-1 in the first leg of the Concacaf Champions Cup semi-finals, over Monterrey. The next leg is Wednesday at Monterrey. Club America and Pachuca tied 1-1 on Tuesday. A lot of people were ganging up on Jacen Russell-Rowe just before he headed in the winner, so that was great on his part.
  13. Bring back the old horn on the helmet and shoulders, lose the shiny material on the numbers/shoulder horn, and make the pants stripe blue-white-blue, and then yeah, I think you would be right. I personally don't care for the shade of yellow either, but i could live with that if the above was changed.
  14. It's a better version of those uniforms. I'm happy they didn't try to have that stripe go all the way across the back of the jerseys either. I'd say it's a tie. The Color Rash for the Browns is so plain and generic that if you count it in the overall rating it drops the Browns to a C instead of a B+.
  15. I've posted concepts on here only one other time and that was like 10 years ago and they were...uhh...less than good lol. I've finally upgraded some things and have some concepts that I think are no longer "less than good". I've always loved crossover concepts. The idea of seeing how branding, striping, and color schemes work across different sports is fun. With football and hockey being my two favorite sports I decided to start with a NHL to NFL crossover series. Each team will have 4 different uniforms, a home, away and two alts. I really tried to stay true to each teams actual uniforms that they wore. The alts are usually pulled from some past jerseys, be it a winter classic, stadium series, or just a vintage jersey. Only on rare occasions did I actually not use some sort of reference. Anaheim Ducks For the home and away set I tried to show the curved striping on the sleeves. I used that same striping patter but as a vertical stripe on the pants. For the alts I just went with a home and away version of their original look again mimicking the slanted striping on the sleeves and copying that pattern on the pants. Here is were you'll notice a trend of logos being flipped to make them make sense on a football helmet. Its a really strange thing to see some of these classic NHL logos flipped and facing the wrong way but while I tried to stay very true to the original hockey uniforms I also tried to make them somewhat realistic football uniforms.
  16. Today
  17. Clicked the link, and it looks like the spiritual heir to the Riders BFBS jerseys of the Y2K era
  18. I used to think the Bears had the best uniforms in the NFL, but now I firmly believe it’s the Browns.
  19. I'll try to answer each question individually. Why do sleeve stripes not go around the entire sleeve anymore? Sleeves are so short at this point that a full stripe would get cut off at the armpit and/or hit the torso of the jersey. Why is everything so flat? Players likely wanted lighter jerseys and more flexibility, so everything is made 2-D to reduce weight and rigidity. Why does everyone, including offensive linemen, have to have their uniforms vacuum-sealed? Tighter jerseys are harder to grab hold of, and the jerseys are lighter. Unfortunately, players have started wearing undershirts longer than the jerseys, possibly to reduce imprints on their skin. These are based what I've read and how I interpret the tailoring.
  20. I heard in conversation last night somebody said the lakefront renderings reminded them of World's Fair artwork and Land of Tomorrow concepts. I've never looked at stadium renderings that way before, but with this particular stadium and the wretched logistics that control it, those designs are absolutely FutureWorld goofiness. As others have said and will continue to say, this is not going to happen, and if it does, it certainly won't be anything like this. At this rate the Bears would be lucky to come out of this with marginal "improvements" to Soldier Field. Likely one of which would be a statue of Kevin Warren holding hands with Jesus ala the "Partners" sculpture in Disney World.
  21. There's something frightening with this photo.
  22. On the David Starr scheme, I hate flames on cars. I just think it's cliched and tacky. The ONLY exception I have is when William Byron runs the Liberty scheme because of LU being called the Flames. Hamlin's scheme is tweaking me, since the number and the Mavis logo are not at the same angle.
  23. George Mason University completes long-term rebrand with new logo | George Mason University (gmu.edu) George Mason has updated their athletic and academic branding to a new interlocking "GM" logo. All I have to say is...woof...
  24. 61k was the announced attendance. The stadium normally holds 65k for NFL games and can reportedly expand to over 71k.
  25. Said this exact thing for a while. They now look like an unlicensed video game team.
  26. Rams “modern classic” white jersey
  27. Thank you sir ! That Mavis scheme is a little better than last year's
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.