All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Yea, Issel is nearing two years on the job for a group who been at this for four. They cannot make money at the Yum! Center as the U of L's Athletic Association holds the master lease, thus the advertising and premium seat revenue streams, and has the ability to buy it outright.
  3. I wouldn't. Not if we're talking about the organizations that signed/drafted and developed the players. Pedro signed with the Dodgers in '88 and spent 6 years/4 full seasons in the Dodger organization developing.
  4. That’s what I thought too. Maybe they’ll be forced to change before the game. Not that it matters because the other jersey options suck too.
  5. I do believe those uniforms are blatantly illegal: "Numerals. The jersey must have clearly visible, permanent Arabic numerals measuring at least 8 and 10 inches in height front and back, respectively. The number must be of a colour that itself is clearly in distinct contrast with the colour of the jersey, irrespective of any border around the number."
  6. Kyle Allen's merely a stopgap until Cam returns and clowns on the league like he did in 2015 (and 2018 until he got injured). Rumors are he'll be ready for our next game against the 49ers but I'd rather he be 100%. If he is and McCaffrey keeps playing like he has been, the Panthers are Super Bowl contenders easy.
  7. In all seriousness, Sacramento might not be the only possibility in California for the Bengals. I have read multiple reports that state that the 35,000-or-so-seat football stadium that San Diego State University wants to build on the site of the Chargers' former stadium would be able to be expanded to 50,000 seats to accommodate an NFL tenant (although, unfortunately for the San Diego area, such a capacity would be at at least 20,000 too few seats to make the venue eligible to host a Super Bowl under current NFL criteria). The thought of the Bengals moving to San Diego before the Chargers could return there is hilarious to me. I am already picturing fans of a San Diego Bengals team attending a game being played against a still-Los Angeles Chargers franchise and chanting "Who are the Bungles now?"
  8. Arkansas State is debuting new uniforms tonight. I guess they wanted to look as bad as the defense plays.
  9. I'd love to see Louisville in the NBA, I think that it would work great. Personally, my choice for expansion alongside Seattle is Vancouver (moving Minnesota to the East), but adding teams in the PNW at the same time might not be the best idea. I'm pretty sure that Charlotte will be the next MLS city. I don't see any of the other potential contenders as nearly as good a bid as one that's funded by a billionaire owner with a stadium plan already in place (even if that doesn't include a SSS) that fills a geographical gap in the league with strong support from local fans and businesses. It's more a matter of when will the team play, although I don't want to jinx myself. I think that any Charlotte would be closer to Atlanta than Dallas (although I'm biased) simply because of the stadium, which would be downtown and not in a suburb. It really helps get people excited for a game if they can hear the fans from their apartments while watching the game on TV, you know?
  10. That Knights logo is absolutely terrifying!
  11. Kyle Allen looks to be the future there in Carolina. If he can develop further and you have McCaffrey continue to play like he has......it will be scary for the rest of the league.
  12. Dan Issel is involved in trying to get an NBA expansion team to Louisville: https://www.kentucky.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/mark-story/article234806622.html I don't know about that. If Louisville ever becomes a major league city, I would think it will be when MLS decides to expand to 40. With Sacramento likely to be announced on Monday, Charlotte could be next if Tepper gets his ducks in a row. Now if Tepper does get his MLS team, will he be like Arthur Blank and have a winning and successful team that sells out every home game? Or will it be like Clark Hunt in FC Dallas, where nobody cares? I would think that Tepper will want to be more like Blank than Hunt in regards to MLS.
  13. Exactly what's wrong with it. Stripes should match stripes, less so numerals. Pant stripe should be red only, no white outlines. May as well have one numeral outlined next to a non-outlined numeral. Poorly designed.
  14. I like it though i’d ditch the blue outline on the white version. I get the consistency sake, but still much prefer without it.
  15. @nationals Make it happen you cowards.
  16. When the Nats win the World Series and the Panthers win the Super Bowl, we'll see the first time for all 4 (I'm only slightly kidding).
  17. I always felt like the NBA was just waiting for Seattle to get a stadium deal done to expand, since it's like 99.99999% a lock that the Sonics would be team 31. All the NBA would need to do is find a second city/ownership group and with all the money in the NBA right now, I'm sure there are plenty of people that would jump at that chance. The MLB needs to figure out its attendance before it even considers expanding (although that's not to say they won't make the boneheaded move and expand to 32 soon). I'm of the mind that the NBA could expand to 36 if it really wanting to (6 divisions of 6, nice and even) and that it's the only Big 4 that could do so (the MLS could feasibly expand to even more than that, but they seem to be slowing down).
  18. Today
  19. His death led the evening local news and the top of the fold for the Tampa Bay Times, but it was somewhat of a "meh" reaction since there are fewer people around/alive in the area who remember his ownership, less his attempts to even get a franchise. 85% of those in media, especially radio/TV where not living in Tampa Bay at the time
  20. wow, do we really have the 2nd most Hall of Famers during that time period? crazy to even think about.
  21. No, No! Sacramento already lost a chance at the Raiders in the 90s. That was your only shot. No more chances.
  22. People were generally pleased because she was a literal monster, but she was different because despite being overwhelmingly loathed and an idiot she both owned the team when they won a championship and sold the team before she died so her reign of terror wasn’t so terrible.
  23. Rutgers Scarlet Knights Unveil New Basketball Uniforms October 17, 2019 - 21:04 PM Rutgers’ athletic programs have outfitted by adidas since the 2017-18 academic year, but the men’s basketball program on Wednesday evening unveiled new uniforms that — interestingly enough — use a key design element first introduced by Nike. The uniforms themselves […] Read More...
  24. Except the logos still predominantly show blue and orange of the knicks. They should Really drop those.
  25. They really need to move that mannequin somewhere else.
  26. Kansas City vs. Denver San Francisco vs. Washington Houston vs. Indianapolis Jacksonville vs. Cincinnati Miami vs. Buffalo Oakland vs. Green Bay Arizona vs. NY Giants Minnesota vs. Detroit LA Rams vs. Atlanta LA Chargers vs. Tennessee New Orleans vs. Chicago Baltimore vs. Seattle Philadelphia vs. Dallas New England vs. NY Jets
  1. Load more activity

• Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?