All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Now that I’ve had time to digest everything, I’m pretty firmly in the camp that there wasn’t anything truly terrible released this offseason. Some are mediocre, others really good, but definitely not the worst new uniforms offseason we’ve seen. If I had to rank the changes it would be this: 1. Browns (new helmets with a white facemask). 2. Jets (I love the simplicity of the uniforms which allows the green to really stand out). 3. Texans (absolutely adore the new home jersey). 4. Lions (love everything except the stupid black and blue uniform and the new stripe. It just doesn’t do it for me). 5. Broncos (saw someone on twitter say the uniforms look like they could be a new UTEP redesign and now I can’t get that out of my mind).
  3. When will the Saints join the new uniform club? So tired of our bland look
  4. I'm on the fence about that. I prefer the away jerseys to be the reverse of the home jerseys too, but the Broncos haven't used non-blue numbers since 1961.
  5. Do the Texans have any photos of the uniforms that aren't closeups in dark lighting or awkward angles of players flexing/posing? The site doesn't seem to have much. Also looking for some different combinations if they did that at all.
  6. People getting so angry about a hockey team doing silly dances after they play a children’s game will never not be funny to me.
  7. I think it's way less Sun Belt than the fact the Canes' franchise is terminally online. Lightning fans were always fun and respectful to interact with those playoff series, Panthers are fun, Preds have the closest thing to an NCAA atmosphere in the NHL, Stars I guess I have the fortune of them failing at their attempts to make viral tweets, etc. The Canes are at the point where I saw the tweets last night and thought to myself "great, they're going to make a ton of t-shirts over a series they should win in no more than 6 to begin with." As for last night, yeah, I saw that coming from a mile away given how the Isles can't hold a 2 goal lead if their lives depended on it and they had about 8 2 minute defensive shifts in the 2nd period alone. It's becoming more and more performance art at this point to the point I'm numb to it. Do it in front of 80,000 at MetLife against your biggest rivals so what's doing it again come playoff time?
  8. I didn't mind the CR either, I just thought having three blue jerseys was a bad idea. The all-blue from the neck down with a black helmet felt out of balance as well. By itself the jersey is fine, and black socks may have helped to book-end the uniform and create a more balanced look.
  9. That seems strange. I'm trying to think if any of the recent new uniforms have changed home uniform colors. The Falcons and Rams come to mind (primary red to black & navy blue to royal blue respectively)
  10. to be fair, isn't that kinda what all the teams that have unveiled new unis this season have done?
  11. I agree. They added more orange to the road jerseys, but it still feels like orange is the home color and navy is the road color, which has been an issue since they made orange the primary in 2012. Was hoping the rebrand would solve this issue since they got to start from scratch.
  12. I saw this about an interview Cal did this morning, "For those wishing a different uniform was home or away, the league basically told them which ones they had to use for home/away." Seems like most Houstonians prefer the red as well, but I guess it wasn't possible?
  13. I'm for a mix. Mostly non-NFL markets plus some NFL ones that are successful, like DC. I would like to see them get back into New York City, namely once NYCFC's new stadium is completed.
  14. The black looks a little too Panthers to me. Everything else looks great
  15. The Colts should definitely be at the bottom of the list of teams that need to change. I personally think their alternate uniform isn’t bad, but it should definitely not be pair with the black helmet.
  16. Yeah, this is kinda how I feel. The Texans new look isn't bad, but I always thought they should embrace the red as a primary uniform to contrast the in-state NFL team Cowboys navy blue primary.
  17. I suppose I should have anticipated this day coming. Recognized that interests wax and wane and - sometimes, for one reason or another - completely peter out. It would appear that my passion for all things sports branding-related has reached that point. The sheer, unadulterated excess of primary marks, secondary marks, tertiary marks and wordmarks... home uniforms, road uniforms, alternate uniforms, and throwback uniforms... City Connect this, Color Rush that, City Edition the other thing, and Reverse Retro who the f*** gives a s***... they've cumulatively overwhelmed me. The cycle between the introduction of any new logo, uniform, or other brand identity component by a team and the roll-out of its next new design element seems to have sped up. For example, the Detroit Lions last introduced new uniforms less than a decade ago... seven years to be specific. It would seem that "timeless" design has given away to "you're on the clock". Combine that with the fact that the introduction of new creative elements by clubs across all leagues is taking place at the same heightened pace and the reveal of such elements have been stripped of their individual "WOW" factor. The result is that these so-called "events" on the part of teams and leagues have become commonplace to the point of meaninglessness. It has gotten to where I picture the team owner, coach, and players who are involved in these unveilings walking off stage only to be immediately ushered into meeting rooms where brainstorming sessions and focus groups with graphic designers, uniform manufacturers, marketing executives, and fans get underway in order to facilitate the rollout of the inevitable next team brand-related unveiling. Finally, it doesn't help that the branding elements that are produced by these design initiatives seem increasingly underwhelming. How could they not be? Creativity is the slave of commodification. Restraint is a rarity, excess the rule of the day. Artistry with the potential to surprise, delight, and inspire has been replaced by dreck. To much of a good thing can be - indeed, often is - a bad thing.
  18. It was the choreographed victory celebrations that were really the point of no return for me, which probably came out of the marketing department but probably not the buttmonkey who does the tweets. Hurricanes fans on the internet had been annoying for a while, but once it extended into the actual team doing the Macarena after wins, I just felt so embarrassed that marketing the league ever had to come to this. Of course, I am not the target audience. The target audience is people who get excited when the Wendy's account makes a sassy tweet at a person.
  19. Now the real question, what is the PMS for H Town Blue, and is it the same as Titans Luv Ya Blue?
  20. Houston Rockets The Rockets get a really nice sleeveless look that gives them a 2000's Cincinnati Reds vibe. They get a white home and away, while their red icon uniform becomes the first alternate and their black statement uniform becomes the 2nd alternate. For the City Connect I chose the 2018-19 City edition.
  21. I like the alternate bull logo on the H-town jerseys better than the primary bull logo
  22. I think we missed a team that's eligible for new uniforms next year: the Colts. They changed their number font and added black in 2020. I wasn't a fan of the Color Rush uniforms from last year, but maybe they can figure out a better way to add a third color. Or at least they could develop a non-blue jersey. Having three royal blue jerseys doesn't make sense to me.
  23. That would turn into a cross-stateline war with massive slingshots. Utahns would launch their extra wives and copies of the Book of Mormon. Arizonians would fire cacti and cans of Four Loko. It would be assured mutual destruction.
  24. Today
  25. I'd like to thank everyone for joining me at the "Carolina's reddit-ass fanbase needs to stop" table, I've been expecting you.
  26. My rankings Lions Texans Jets Broncos
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.