All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. It would be interesting to see a league where Nike supplies one conference while Under Armour or Adidas supplies the other and they swap conferences every five years or so.
  3. the good old days when multiple companies made other teams' jerseys. Russell Athletic was the Eagles supplier up until the league had only one uniform supplier.
  4. Full graphite at home has got to be against some rule since the traditional away is gray. While we've gotten some stupid same-color matchups in the past, I can't imagine the league would let a team wear full-gray at home.
  5. Hmmmmmmm I don't know Jim... the beveled numbers... the pit triangles... A guy like Patrick Mahomes though, he could pull it off buuut I don't know Jim.
  6. Side by side really highlights what an upgrade the new Lions home jersey is. The brighter blue and actual silver are so much livelier.
  7. The shade of blue seems much much brighter.
  8. during the wilpon ownership, the mets got (justifiably)murdered for caring more about the brooklyn dodgers than their own history. don't think they would have ever gone in that direction. but even so, that's not what the CC program is about. it's about the city, not the baseball history (obviously, as a baseball fan, that stinks, but it is what it is). look at this excerpt from the athletic. bunch of great nuggets in this article, by the way, including that player feedback to nike about colored pants has been that they get too hot, they thought about doing 'QUEENS' but thought it was too narrow for a fan base that is spread out: For the Mets, the process with Nike started after the 2021 season. Nike issued a brief on what goes into a City Connect uniform, and Goldberg and Benesh filled out a 12-page questionnaire posing queries such as, “What does New York mean?” Nike sent five design concepts based on the answers, and the team gave notes or directions to scrap whatever look altogether; five more designs would follow.
  9. Okay, that makes sense if you're discussing the stadium situation. And yea, I've never been thrilled with Plattner behind the gun but SFGiants was making it sound like there was way more dysfunction across the board and I was like, "The hell are you talking about?"
  10. The difference in colors for Detroit
  11. Despite living nearly 19 hours away from Denver by car, as well as having no connection with the city otherwise, I got the Adidas version of this jersey back in 2007. It’s still in my closet and it’s still in pretty good condition today.
  12. Now about a week before the season starts, the Louisiana VooDoo have moved from Lake Charles to Lafayette.
  13. The Mets really blew the opportunity to use the old windowpane plaid the Dodgers had. Ties in with the city's history and gives the perfect backdrop to a subway tile mosaic treatment. This doesn't have to be that hard.
  14. I wanted to give Brooklyn a classic, old school identity, but also somewhat modern. I used a silhouette of the Brooklyn Bridge but turned it sideways to make a B
  15. Thank god it's plural at least.
  16. All of these names are extremely 90's.
  17. That is probably correct, I am very anti-St. Pete when it comes to the Rays' future home though and it is by far the most recognizable nickname/historical tie in for the team that I can think of for a city connect. Yeah, it was an old shirt that I just liked. I'm not expecting it at all but I think it would create the best CC identity. I hate that you are probably right on this, it just seems so silly when cigars are a very important historical part of Tampa Bay. Nixing the phrase 'Cigar' just seems so silly when you have active players that have committed terrible crimes, gambling advertisements everywhere, and ballparks named after beer.
  18. Hmmmmmm. Just, hmmmmm! Ummmmmmmm! I don't know!
  19. Lions: Overall a huge improvement and I love what we got. Even the BFBS uniform. If you're gonna have an alt, do that. I wish the blue/white/black pants had stripes but it is what it is. Denver and Houston I feel like we need the actual product and not the drawing/pictures from paper. I feel like once we see a uniform in action it'll be different to gauge it but right now I'm a little underwhelmed by both. Denver at least seems to be the better (for now) of the two.
  20. Today
  21. This might be waaaay to broad of a stroke, but I just tend to hate any uniform that is designed with an "urban" feel. It just tends to come out borderline cheesy to me. This fits the bill as well.
  22. Exactly this. It looks good from the waist up, but the same pinstriped pants would have elevated this set.
  23. Would really like to see the Mets CC with pants that match the jersey. The white currently looks so out of place.
  24. I suppose the most famous bridge in the borough and is contains the borough's name, but... am I the only one that associates the team more with the Whitestone? I suppose the Queensborough bridge is also much more visually appealing and you don't want to use a bridge with "Bronx" in the name. But it feels like the Yankees ditching the Macombs Dam Bridge or even the GWB for... well... the Whitestone Bridge. But besides that little block in my mind, these are largely inoffensive to me.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.