All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Thank you both! NEW YORK METS HOME: ROAD: HOME ALT: ROAD ALT: CITY CONNECT: Notes: - The Mets’ newly unveiled City Connect set prompted me to make a few previously unplanned changes to New York’s current set, the biggest being the removal of pinstripes from the team’s home uniform. This was done so that 1) the Mets can look as different from their crosstown rivals as possible, and 2) the pins are now unique to the City Connect. - Despite orange being part of their colorway, the Mets had not one but TWO blue alternates for most of the past decade. Here, the team finally gets an orange alt (similar to their 2013-14 “Los Mets” jerseys) which replaces their awful new black “throwbacks.” I was never big on the Mets in black to begin with, yet the changes made to that design actually have me longing for those original jerseys to return. - Because the City Connect also uses a Tuscan style “NYC,” I decided to bring back the Mets’ 1987 script “New York” for the road and road alt. - Yesterday I shared my City Connect tweak here, so here's a quick summary: More purple, matching pants, and an extra pop of white on the roundel and sleeve trim. C&C appreciated and have a great weekend!
  3. Ok, but that doesn't mean he's free to disseminate information.
  4. Coming to grips with this not just being a funny fake.
  5. In some cases it could be just as bad for the fan base and former-host-city. Our city-wage tax is 4%, so even if the athletes don't live in the city, they're still paying that for practicing and playing here. That's not nothing (plus the revenue the city gets for fan-related things.). Also in areas so dependent on transit, a move to the suburbs could potentially make games inaccessible (or at least much more difficult to access) for people. I just think if those cities need domes, then they should be forced open for the majority of the time, unless conditions are such that the athletes are at heightened risk for injury. Build them in a way that the fans are mostly protected from rain, and keep them open. Every mid-atlantic and northeast baseball stadium should be like Safeco, no exceptions. None. Not one. The "umbrella" concept needs to be implemented yesterday.
  6. @MJWalker45 The soccer tournaments are going to be one ESPN this year. Think I made a post about it in the North American soccer thread https://espnpressroom.com/us/press-releases/2024/03/espn-secures-multimedia-rights-to-the-2024-edition-of-the-soccer-tournament/
  7. Cities need to make use of these stadiums year round now. If that means a dime or retractable roof, then by all means get it done. Moving a stadium to the suburbs isn't the same as losing the team to another city. It's also important to know that the options for these owners to move to are drying up. They need to realize they have to pay more for these stadiums then they had to prior. The Chiefs tried to threaten KC voters to get what they want and got rebuffed. The Browns would likely receive the same treatment as well.
  8. Today
  9. Not sure what’s going on with the Sox City Connects. I doubt they’ve been discontinued or else we probably would’ve heard about it by now. In past years, they’ve worn them for “Southside Mondays” home games, but so far this year they’ve only played two of those, and one of them was on Jackie Robinson Day.
  10. The sign stealing probe is still ongoing, but I still felt this was pretty light. A G5 team would have lost postseason games.
  11. http://amp.awfulannouncing.com/fox/tbt-multi-year-rights-deal-fs1.html The Basketball Tournament is moving to Fox Sports. No mention of TST, but I'd expect that may move as well.
  12. The Gastonia Baseball Club of the Atlantic League debuted their White Sox-inspired unforms.
  13. What the are you talking about? What does Cleveland have to do with this?
  14. Alt logo to incorporate Colorado's UNIQUE shape?
  15. Yes, I look forward to many years of looking at the triangles
  16. The Penner family probably just said, "Make it cool." I trust Wal-Mart people to sell me cat food and :censored: paper. I don't trust Wal-Mart people to sell me anything I'd wear on my person. This is what the league deserves to selling a club to Wal-Mart people.
  17. This is the exact same BS that Alex Spanos pulled in the '90s that got the ball rolling on the Chargers' eventual relocation. He demanded expensive renovations to the Q, got them, and then immediately started demanding a new stadium and threatening to move to LA. I hope this doesn't end in Cleveland losing the Browns again, but I won't be surprised at all if it does. The NFL's greed is out of control.
  18. Hopefully the Kings bring out a black version next year and make these primaries
  19. We've already seen the jerseys and none of them are as bad as those god-awful Commanders road jerseys.
  20. I was wondering about that when the jersey leaked. Gray vs gray would be peak Cash Grab Connect: boring and confusing.
  21. Woof. Those are...not good. Another Cash Grab Connect where the word that best describes them rhymes with "city". It still shocks me to think that a) people get paid to design these things and b) teams actually approve them.
  22. There is nothing new here and I recognize it’s just a spring game. But from a competition perspective, does UNC not see the contrast issue? Carolina blue is a very light shade. They could have helped with all Carolina blue against all white, or used some of their navy pieces.
  23. Damn, a player actually criticized a new uniform? I didn't think they were allowed to say anything other than "fire", "clean", or "dope".
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.