All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Oof. That makes if even worse. If it's just started now, then it sounds like they're ripping off Cleveland. But, if you're going to keep changing hashtags every year, eventually you're going to run out.
  3. Yes the huge WCF and Lions Wordmark going through the stripes are what I saw when I was 10 years old, when I saw Barry Sanders juking and jiving through defenses like butter.. God forbid something fresh and clean is superior to the darker blue and those silver uniforms
  4. I fear the Jets and Lions may have jumpstarted a “what’s old is new again” uniform renaissance. I suppose I’ll just have to give in and accept the inevitable Dolphins modern classics at any moment.
  5. What a dork. 80 year old playing Snoop Dogg cosplay
  6. That makes little sense to me. Inconsistency in terms of the colors of the stripes? I don't see a huge issue with that. Teams have interchanged with them before (even the Lions themselves), plus the striping is all the same in design. I'll take different colored stripes (if the design is consistent) over no stripes at all.
  7. I don’t disagree with much of this. New set is nice but the old way fit my personal preferences better
  8. As long as the Lions stick to silver/blue/silver/blue, silver/white/silver/blue, and silver/white/blue/white, these uniforms are an improvement. But I fear we're going to see a lot of mono-blue and mono-white, and it'll barely be different than last year. There's just no valid reason to not have stripes on the pants, and there's no valid reason for Detroit to wear monochrome. Also, the blue/black/blue/black uniform looks good, but it feels like a 2012 Carolina Panthers concept.
  9. Some people have noticed that the H logo looks similar to the rangers city connect logo.
  10. Is the hat that crooked, or is this logo as unbalanced as I feared it was when I first saw the helmet leak? This is going to be a disaster.
  11. You're wrong here because you simplified the problem. It's the 2nd/3rd/4th added pants colors that create the problem. As you said, Silver/Blue/Silver/Blue works perfect - as does Silver/White/Silver/Blue. Now start mixing & matching (which I hate, btw). - If you have stripes on the Blue pants, they don't match the Silver helmet or White jersey. If you do decide to put stripes on the Blue pants, then they either have to match the Primary jersey stripes or the Alternate jersey stripes, or you lose a combination. So you make them solid and you can wear them with the Home, Away, or Alternate jerseys. - If you have stripes on the White pants, they should match the Away jersey. But then, technically, they don't match the helmet. And if you want to, for some reason, wear them with the Blue or Black jerseys, you have mismatched stripes. So, I see why they went solid on the White, Blue and Black pants. Not that I love it, but I get it. In an ideal world, they wouldn't have Blue or White pants and they wouldn't have a Black uniform, but given the design challenge, this is the solution.
  12. Yeah, that’s the “catch phrase” this season.
  13. If ever there was a more meme-able photo... ...I know we can't blame Nike (entirely) for uniform design—but I CAN blame Nike for all this recent epidemic of "uniform nicknames". That's all them right there. (And even MLS picked up on the vibe.) It started in the NBA with the City Edition stuff, then continued with renaming the home/away/alt uniforms, then it carried over into the W with the "Heritage/Elite/Rebel" nicknames (H.E.R.—haha, how clever), and now it done crossed into the NFL. It'll be hitting the MLB diamonds soon enough. The common denominator [MLS notwithstanding]? The swoosh. Anyway, the new Lions home and away are very nice. They'd be even nicer if they wore silver pants with white jerseys more often than not (which is to say, at all). I'm not at all moved by the alternates.
  14. Is there any precedent for that in the modern era (team name change just because they didn't like it, not because of outside pressure)? I'm surprised and also not surprised that they don't have this figured out already. They couldn't really pay 10s to 00s of thousands to anyone to start working on an identity before they knew they had a team, because it could be a waste and possibly set people up for a big let down if it leaked. This is generally a once-in-a-franchise's-lifetime decision. It's probably better that they're taking the WFT strategy than potentially flubbing it up (granted, WFT completely flubbed it, but hopefully these guys are a little more competent.)
  15. Oh yeah, also don’t like the Honolulu face mask.
  16. My immediate reaction is that the lions set looks like a “fixing the nfl” type board concept post in the best way possible. Took what they had already, injected some history, and played with the colors for an alternate. Top 10 look in the NFL in my opinion.
  17. I think that the last Lions set is the best one yet (sans white yoga pants) and this set removes almost everything that the last set improved on. First I loved how there was almost no white because it was unique and the silver and Honolulu really popped. Also the number font was great and really evoked some sweet old car imagery. Finally the beautiful striping has been torn down what once was great classic NorthWestern stripe has been turned into some weird half breed ugly looking stripe straight out of 1983. Finally the fact that the black blue and white pants have no stripes is absolutely appalling and the last set achieved stripes on its primary pants(again ignore those horrid white yoga pants) and that in all is why I believe this is a downgrade and also why I think the last set was the best or at least tied with the Barry Sanders unis. Enjoy.
  18. You say there's no Jazz in Utah? Now there's twice the Jazz in Utah!! The hastiness is reminiscent of the New Orleans move.
  19. The way the Texans have been going about this whole process, it feels like they think their :censored: doesn’t stink and they’ll have the best and most hip uniforms in the league because “that’s what the kids want” or some god awful bologna explanation.
  20. Utah [Jazz] HC - it's informally happening!! Seriously though, he can displace the dumb minimalist Jazz concepts to the ice and let the Jazz look like the Jazz. The colors might not be as unique in the NHL...but Penguins, Bruins, and Golden Knights don't use HIGHLIGHTER yellow!
  21. I was thinking that new H would be good in metal, and there it is!
  22. Oh, I agree as well. It’s so dumb that you just have to marvel at it for a bit.
  23. Shoulder striping is inconsistent. and one of the design elements they said they were going for was interchangeability/options. Hard to do when the stripes on the pants only match a specific jersey. That said, I really wish they would have had stripes on all versions of their pants. But overall, the looks were very clean in person.
  24. Overall, it’s a big improvement and I’m glad the team dumped overly-gimmicked number fonts. I wish the silver pants were the only option, but I can live with all the variation. The blue facemask in particular really “makes” the helmet, if that makes sense. The black jersey isn’t exactly my taste, but it’s competently done. Now to watch Houston and Denver stink up the joint.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.