All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. There is a joke somewhere here with Yeti cups and Stanley cups and the Stanley Cup... haha someone smarter than me can come up with it.
  3. I'm hoping for light blue jersey and pants, but with a crossover into the gradient Devil Rays throwbacks. They're rumored to wear these on a Friday for the first time and currently Fridays are Devil Rays Days when they wear the throwbacks at home. It would only make sense if they kept that up.
  4. I like these a lot but it would be way better if the "NY" and "NYC" were purple. That and the bridge across the front of the cap seems unnecessary. I'll never understand the appeal of dark lettering + white outline on a dark background. Probably my least favorite trend of the past decade, and it's everywhere.
  5. You know we live in dire times when the most popular suggestions for a team name are either WNBA-tier or just not having one at all.
  6. I missed a number of pages here, but I'd agree with this take, with the exception of also using the blue pants with the white jerseys (it's actually one of the better looks in the NFL, IMO.) Also wish they didn't have black pants but I guess they have to under the Color Rush rules. Overall, I like the Lions update a lot but I wish the blue and white pants had stripes, and I'm somewhat afraid monochrome combos will be used 90% of the time, which will hinder the set overall.
  7. I don't think you are wrong about their last set, but I disagree on this new set (if the leaks are true). Personally they just went from a super boring identity to a super cheesy identity overnight.
  8. I actually love those Broncos jerseys. It’s rare that uniform updates are both original compared to the rest of the league but still classy and tasteful. These strike that balance perfectly. It’s honestly been a great offseason for uniform updates for the NFL. 3 teams have clearly upgraded. The Texans have the meh “H-Town,” but their set is at least still passable. No where near as bad as the Titans or Falcons or whatever other fiasco in recent memory you want to use.
  9. At the very least it would look better if the "NY" was purple.
  10. I just know the Broncos are going to say the white “stripes” on the orange jersey is to resemble snow capped mountains. Also, the Eagles should definitely go all “modern classic” with the kelly green set (but make it midnight green)
  11. I hate that NYM CC hat with such a burning passion. The roundel logo one looked so much nicer.
  12. The Texans' old uniforms were as boring, mediocre, and anonymous as their play on the field for 99% of the time they were in use. Frankly, the horn stripes from the new set are the kind of thing they should have done all along instead of recoloring the USC template from a catalog. The new uniforms might be "trying too hard" (I don't think so) but the old ones weren't trying at all. They finally have a real identity now. The only thing I don't like is neither of the home jerseys matching the road and alternate, but that's nothing we haven't already seen countless times in the NFL.
  13. The Lions missed a good opportunity with the pants if they want multiple options. Making all the pants interchangeable was overkill. I would suggest something like this (primary only) Silver pants: remain the same, use with both jerseys Blue pants: add silver stripes, restrict to the blue jerseys White pants: match the stripes of the silver pants, use with both jerseys Teams are starting to return to classic jersey designs, so hopefully the pants designs and options will follow suit at some point. I'm not asking teams to only use one pair of pants, but too many options can kill a good jersey.
  14. Is is any worse than a subway plastered with ads for alcohol, or fast food, or pop reeking of cigarette smoke? All these things are legal and do plenty of damage to society. There's some irony in people going to watch a baseball game with their kids at COORS FIELD and clutching their pearls over all the gambling ads.
  15. I like how the teaser convinced everyone the uniforms would be heavily purple and it's basically just an accent color on the uniforms.
  16. Mets City Connects dropped. Looks like the leaks were accurate.
  17. There's no way a competent branding process can't spin out an identity in a couple months, but the placeholder name schtick fulfills three needs of the design industry as it stands in 2024: 1. replacement of craft with as many stakeholder meetings as possible 2. cynical marketing scheme for the first year of Utah's existence -- drag out a whole extra year of drama and intrigue 3. supply chain issues are still real, but self-inflicted; the likes of Fanatics and Nike who've "optimized" so much that they backed themselves into a new version of total rigidity
  18. I actually think those Broncos jerseys are pretty clever, the sleeves definitely seem to be at least partially inspired by the 1965/66 set. I think the zig-zag/mountain design looks better than what we’ve seen on countless concepts and photoshop mockups over the last few months. The helmets and pants will absolutely make or break the set, though. Also, I would bet those triangles on the side will be under the armpit on the on-field jerseys like the “grommets” on Oregon’s most recent set: While they were under the armpit on the on-field jerseys, the retail replicas had them more on the front like what we’re seeing on the Broncos leak:
  19. Those Broncos leaks are a lot tamer than what the rumors made them out to be. Like Cujo said too, it seems they're a modern take on these uniforms. We'll have to wait and see the entire set, but I honestly think the jerseys are pretty good.
  20. Yeah I’m glad it’s a least interesting and pops. I hope some of the other BFBS / Black Alts follow suit. I think about like the Eagles and they should shift their black alts to tie in the Kelly Green over Midnight green. Same template as them too. It’s not what I’d prefer as a 4th look, but would improve the drab black uniforms. Preferably though I’d just add the away Kelly Green look and call it a day.
  21. A nod to the past? I see a slight resemblance
  22. It's a San Diego Chargers memorial. SHOW ME YOUR LIGHTNING BOLT
  23. BRONCOS: From the jerseys alone, these don't look half bad. Was Nike actually able to make the mountains look...subtle? My god, they're learning! Not sure what's going on near the armpits, and I'm not a big fan of the pseudo-gradients on the numbers, but those shouldn't stand out on the field of play. They'll look good with the suspected white helmets, or the navy helmets that I'm still convinced the team will promote to primary status after two years with this look. TEXANS: BREAKING NEWS: Houston Texans to Introduce "Back to our Roots" Throwback Uniforms Ahead of 2029 Season
  24. Is the zag on the Broncos jersey supposed to be a mountain peak? I can't make heads or tails of it.
  25. If the leaks are true, Houston should have just ran with the horn theme. The navy one screams generic Sears catalog from 1987 with the team logo as a sleeve patch and no striping.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.