All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. If so, hopefully it's paired with purple.
  3. A possible hint to one of the colours with the powder blue outline on the script?
  4. Well it was only a matter of time before PFT chimed in: https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/texans-reached-compromise-with-nfl-titans-over-use-of-oilers-style-blue Last year, the NFL forced the University of Houston to ditch alternate uniforms that included Houston Oilers-style Columbia Blue. This year, the NFL and the Tennessee Titans gave the Houston Texans permission to use the color in an alternate uniform. During a Tuesday appearance on SportsRadio 610 in Houston, Texans ownership explains that the two teams and the NFL worked out a compromise that returns Columbia Blue to the Houston NFL team’s color scheme. “We worked with the NFL, and there was some push and shove and we came to where we . . . could get to with the NFL, giving us a compromise, and sort of a certain percentage in the uniform,” Cal McNair said. “And I think our fans would like more. And we’re probably in that same boat, but we’re working with the powers-that-be with the league and all that stuff to get to where we could get.” “I think there was some talk,” Hannah McNair added, “I think even publicly we discussed that we were going to be able to use a different color than Columbia Blue, and so when that was released and we got approval to do that, that’s when we started getting pushback. . . . And then it got to a point where they just said, ‘No, you can’t,’ and then we compromised. The situation traces to the fact that, when the Oilers left Houston, Houston made no effort to retain the names or the logos or the colors (unlike Cleveland). So the Oilers took their logos and colors and ditched them for the Titans and now use the Oilers as a throwback, even though it makes zero geographic sense to think of the Oilers as a Tennessee property. Frankly, Houston should own the Oilers name and logo. It’s good that a compromise was done. It would be better if the Texans had the Oilers option. It would be best if Nike would quit cajoling teams into having umpteen uniforms. The ditching of the one-helmet rule has unlocked a new universe of combinations which will have multiple NFL teams looking like Oregon — all while having more jerseys and helmets to sell, sell, sell.
  5. I'll have to find a picture but I have a nice version of the military caps from 10 years ago or so. The bill was camo, the main part of the hat stayed the same team color, and the logo was a gold/olive color. It's pretty tasteful and not too goudy.
  6. I am really really really for some Rays City Connect leaks!
  7. Last time I willed the Kraken to life and now it's time for the Utah Raptors to take ice.
  8. The prayer before the stadium presentation was really a bad look. Kevin Warren's faux-ministry bull stuff really makes me ill. I could give a rat's ass about the renderings or the financial plans.
  9. That bottom one is much better. Reminds me of how the Jets just cleaned up their logo.
  10. I would say that two teams that exist during different periods in the same league, that use the same nickname, in the same city are certainly "connected". They're just technically not the same franchise.
  11. Mammoth is low key a sleeper in this presumptive list.
  12. But is it really that? It has to be present to serve as a main color, thus the black swoosh on the Colts uniform so that they could have a black uniform. The Jets added black trim for the same reason. The Texans (or any team) are free to add any trim color that they want to add at any point -- you just can't base an alt uniform on a color that isn't already there. This might be where they're headed. They've added Charger Blue (dammit I'm calling it that now, much like I refer to Patriot grey and not wolf gray) as a tertiary color - so they could unveil an alt in that color down the road.
  13. Bengals fan but wholeheartedly agree. The matchups between our teams should look really good.
  14. Right - it's football, not yoga.
  15. Kevin Warren wants to bring the Olympics to Chicago and says the new $4.7 billion stadium will be a fixed dome because a retractable one would cost a couple hundred million more and he wants to be "fiscally responsible." In other news i smell toast burning fjshfbfzjskzhbr
  16. And probably on any other third helmet too
  17. Brown facemasks are apparently still going to be used on the White throwbacks.
  18. The Utah Black Diamonds are a Major League Pickleball team.
  19. That brown facemask was horrible and I'm happy we have the white facemasks back. Especially since the team looks closer to the days we had Brian Sipe and Bernie Kosar.
  20. No. You can't trademark a color (I'll wait now and be proven wrong). You can trademark your logo and name, and confusion of colors in conjunction with business use and logos and names could lead to problems. For example, if I started a shipping firm tomorrow and called PJ's and used brown trucks, I'd probably get a Cease and Desist. That same name with a green truck might not cause a problem. ETA - from the google machine: Can you get a trademark in a color? While you can trademark a color, you cannot own it outright. The likelihood of confusion between two different products in varying markets is low. While "Barbie" has its trademark pink in more than 100 categories, the likelihood of the brand being confused for similarly pink "Pepto-Bismol" is highly unlikely.
  21. From me on Monday afternoon: The nonsense state agency that was created to give Jerry Reinsdorf a free ballpark and later financed the Soldier Field renovations, both of which are still not paid off, is called the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority. Not the Chicago Sports Facilities Authority. It was created by the state legislature and governor. Unless Brand-o can magically make the money appear on his own, and he can't because he's the most impotent Chicago mayor since Eugene Sawyer, he needs the state support. And the governor, the state Senate leader, and the state House leader have all been pretty explicit "no"s on these public funding schemes floated by the Bears and White Sox. I'm sure the TV news will show some lovely renderings though. EDIT: Oh, buddy.
  22. On one hand, good job. On the other, you're right; way too easy. Geez Lions, just come here and look at our reactions. No professionals needed to figure this one out. I look forward to this plain-pants trend being over. Doing this to the pants would make the primaries an A+.
  23. What did you think 'Black Diamonds' was?
  24. The Twins still don't have an ad patch, last I checked. But they moved their sleeve patches to the right sleeve. I assumed it was to make room for an ad patch (even though I think most teams put them on the out-facing arm, anyway). I've been told that the default for team patches is now the right arm. Is that because more right-handers means the ad default would be the left? Fanatics is not able to put these patches on the left because Fanatics? Some other reason? Seeing a patch on the right and not the left tweaks my OCD...it's always been the left.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.