All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Especially if Mark Davis was the other choice.
  3. This comes across as written by a rather scared Lakers fan.
  4. Because the Spani are such team players and so likeable amongst the the ownership club.
  5. Clippers Unveil New City Uniform for 2019-20 October 16, 2019 - 18:58 PM The Los Angeles Clippers (or LA Clippers, as they prefer to be called) unveiled their new “City Edition” uniform yesterday via their appearance on the cover of Sports Illustrated’s 2019-20 NBA Preview magazine. With an overall black-and-white appearance designed in […] Read More...
  6. How do you know so much about Marina del Rey???
  7. Out of curiosity, is there a reason as to why the Chargers were given the first right of refusal to negotiate with the Rams to move to LA, with the Raiders having to await that decision?
  8. Pink numbers!!!! That's the real deal.
  9. Maybe it's more correct to say the Rangers have benefitted from the Astros switch. But it's not as if the Astros weren't on an island in the NL Central. Frankly, the point you raised still supports my own.... that baseball is better off with teams playing closer together.
  10. "The second suit is for exploring the lunar surface." Ooh, that makes me excited.
  11. The nerve? He was desperate, grasping at straws. Spanos had so poisoned his own market that he had to either move or sell the team. I think it was more about the Chargers needing to be in Los Angeles and pathetically latching on to someone, anyone, who could actually build a stadium. If that was the Raiders, it would be the Raiders. If the Jets had tried to move, Spanos would have pulled his puppy-dog routine on them as well. As it turns out, only Kroenke could put a plan together. So Spanos gets to humiliate himself in Stan's shadow now. All because he botched San Diego.
  12. No good reason? He thought he was down by contract. Which is easy to believe when you first look at it. And refs blowing plays like that dead have been a problem not limited to the patriots. And then the Patriots end up scoring 20, what’s your excuse then? Again, Jacksonville had more than enough chances to win that game despite the call. Blaming it all on 1 blown call is just petty. The fact that in the Lions-Packers game, The Lions never got a chance to respond after that last flag. Meanwhile Jags had 10 minutes to stop Brady from score 10 points, in game their defense was dominate. But it’s the Refs fault they couldn’t stop the Patriots when they were still leading after that? I take it it’s also 100% the Refs fault KC lost last year too? No, blaming their Defence would make far too much sense. Sounds like you’re just being petty and would rather use the refs as an excuse for the Jags losing a game they had plenty of opportunities to win. If You’re going to blame the loss on 1 bad call, you didn’t deserve to win anyway.
  13. Today
  14. Kansas City vs. Denver San Francisco vs. Washington Houston vs. Indianapolis Jacksonville vs. Cincinnati Miami vs. Buffalo Oakland vs. Green Bay Arizona vs. NY Giants Minnesota vs. Detroit LA Rams vs. Atlanta LA Chargers vs. Tennessee New Orleans vs. Chicago Baltimore vs. Seattle Philadelphia vs. Dallas New England vs. NY Jets
  15. That's non-equivalent. This would make sense if the Cardinals had been leading 7-4 and in the middle of a home run ball's flight path that would've put the game out of reach, the umpire called the play dead for no good reason and then the trailing team used the unfairly delivered opportunity to comeback and win. Yeah it is. The fumble happened when the Jags were up 10. Jack returns it for a touchdown like he would've and it's a 17 point lead. Patriots won by 4. It was the difference between the Jags winning and losing. Why's this hard? They didn't blow a 17 point lead. They lost a 10 point lead that should've been 17 after the refs gifted the Pats those 7 points. They did what they had to do and the officials forced them to make extra plays, which when playing the Patriots is an unfair ask. It's like asking a major league baseball team to get 4 outs, WHICH IS WHY I USED THAT EXAMPLE. THAT THEY WOULDN'T HAVE NEEDED TO GET ANOTHER STOP IF THE OFFICIALS HAD DONE THEIR JOB. It's on the officials. It's always on the officials. The Patriots won because instead of facing a 3 possession lead with 10 minutes left they only had to deal with a two possession lead. The next time the Patriots lose on some similar nonsense I'll expect you to be quiet about it. Myles Jack picks up a fumble, isn't touched, falls down, ref incorrectly blows the whistle dead. In what context am I not understanding this? Yes it is because that play should've never happened. It's on the refs. The Jags were hosed. Sorry that rocks your world. The good news is justice was served in the Super Bowl that time.
  16. There are two instances where the Chargers really botched their move. The first was not getting to Los Angeles when the getting was good. I don’t think that many people—San Diegans included— would think that a Chargers LA move in 2007 would’ve been anywhere near as boneheaded as it was in 2017. In 2007, the then-St. Louis Rams hadn’t even started flirting with the idea of returning to LA, as Georgia Frontiere was still alive and owned the team. That would have left the Chargers as Southern California’s sole NFL team, effectively minimizing the alienation in San Diego while staking a claim in Los Angeles. Even if the Rams or Raiders had returned about a decade later, the Chargers would have had either team beat by a decade. (Of course, we may have ended up with the San Diego Rams or Raiders, but the point still stands.) The second is waiting a whole year after the Rams returned. The Chargers may have been able to have a better footing had they decided to move in right on the heels of the Rams, but waiting until the last second—a whole year after the Rams had settled in—only exacerbated the Chargers’ irrelevancy.
  17. And from my experience in the past, I used PrismaColor pencil, especially for the Metallic colors. Always cool to make helmets with metallic silver and gold. You have to press a little harder to get the sheen, but worth the price.
  18. He is a Tennessee fan so it's par for their course.
  19. I made a comment in the Republic Reddit thread about how excited I am that Sacramento is FINALLY getting a top-level professional sports team, and now all four Kings fans are mad at me.
  20. I'd love to see a team experiment with different color pants.
  21. I told you it was coming soon. Truth be told, this was half done before I decide to post the refreshes separately. Pretty cool. Beit Shemesh Background: Fun fact, I used to live here years ago. The reigning and only champions of Israeli baseball (the IBL 2007), Beit Shemesh is a city with lots of different communities crammed in there. Within one city (which is really, like, six cities, but they pretend, so it's cool), we have Jews at every level of observance and ideology, and each one comes in two flavors: Israeli and Anglo. I happen to love Beit Shemesh (trust me, not everyone does), but given all the different populations and the frequently tense interactions, I thought it best to focus on the name, and Beit Shemesh is kind of perfect for that: It's the House of the (Rising) Sun. Logo and colors: The Beit Shemesh Blue Sox were that winning IBL entry back then (Jeez, that was 12 years ago?), and I kept their logo setup (interlocked Bet-Shin, but more White Sox than Yankees) and blue and white, but given the bad blood that resulted from the old league (and that blood is baaaad), everything else had to go. Gone is the all blue and white, gone are the pinstripes, gone is all that Yankees influence. Yellow is added in for the sun, and the letters are put on a sun (you'll understand why when you see their old chest logo). Cap: Like I said, I wanted to get away from all the Blomberg Yankees influences. The sun-BS appears here on a blue crown, and the brim is turned yellow to make everything look nice and non-New York. Jersey: As I said, no more Yankees, lots more blue. The logo appears to replace the old script, as mentioned, and we see our first vest. This is done for two reasons: One, because it hasn't happened before, and two, because Beit Shemesh is one of the more charedi (those people in hats and jackets) friendly Anglo cities, so I thought mirroring and flipping the black over white to white over blue looked nice. Pants: Gold belt held up by the Israel loops. Kept them pretty plain because the socks are fun. Socks: Blue stirrups over white, because colored sanitaries have been heavily used throughout the first four. The stirrups are decorated with a dancetty (that's a heraldic term, heraldry is pretty cool, guys!) stripe to bring some sun down to the feet. Up next: I have no idea, but there WILL be a next! That's pretty cool. See you all then!
  22. While it isnt a traditional baseball look, the green pants looked really nice.
  23. All yellow was used for the road uniform in the set the A's wore up through 1971. In the uniforms adopted in 1972, yellow pants and green pants were included, even if they were rarely used. The one time that the yellow pants made an appearance on a very prominent stage was during the 1975 All-Star Game, when Vida Blue wore them. But, with a few rare exceptions, the A's wore white pants for all games from 1972 through 1980, probably because that set's yellow pants and green pants looked ridiculous.
  1. Load more activity

• Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?