All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Oh, and Warren also said the stadium would draw 77,000 each to the men's and women's Final Fours. And then he said Chicago would get World Cup games. GENIUS, the next World Cup in the United States is in two years; when, pray tell, do you think the next one will be? At the rate they're going, the Bears would be replacing the new stadium before it ever came back here! I loathe this team.
  3. Is it "old as dirt"? Is it "modernized"? I look at Soldier Field like the last Yankee Stadium. I've always thought it was a brand-new stadium (1976 in Yankee Stadium's case), with only parts of the facade remaining.
  4. Never been to a game, but I've been outside of it. It's like a spaceship crashed into the Roman Coliseum. An ugly hybrid of old marble stone and aluminum metal.
  5. Embedded an image of your linked article. Wow, this is beautiful. More new schemes:
  6. The NFL already got rid of that rule. They don't bid out hosting anymore. They just pick where they want. Allegiant Stadium only held 61k for the Super Bowl.
  7. Guardians: I dig it! I've always had a tough time coming up with a good striping pattern to use for Cleveland, but this is a good one for them. The "The Land" uniform is really nice too. White Sox: Another hit! The transition of the City Connect-style into the primary set is a natural choice, and the change from three stripes to two is an upgrade. The alternate gray and "Southsiders" uniforms are incredibly sharp too. Can't wait to see what else you have in store!
  8. As one who's used Qualtrics more than I care to post about in the past nine months for several service projects, the last place I expected to see that word turn up was in a dang freakin' sports logos forum. Thanks for ruining my escape route for me. Let me clarify my prior post. I wasn't talking about the logo concept; I was talking about the idea of "Yaks" as a nickname. I mean, of all the bison-family animals out there (wait--is it family, genus, then species?), that's about the last one anyone thinks of...period, let alone sports branding. (Unless you're Ace Ventura when nature calls.)
  9. It has been posted previously- Packers, Jaguars, Giants, Vikings, Ravens all have a new alternate helmet on the way
  10. Yesterday
  11. Please no double blue scheme. That has been done to death.
  12. I don't know how anyone would think that this was a possibility. Of course it's Greenberg and his Get Up! crew coming up with non-stories just for reactions. God that show is trash.
  13. At least it adds some variety to the AFL helmets this year to do the wings instead of a logo... I honestly don't mind the design of the wings themselves, the flames inside them is a solid touch I think, but I'm not sure what's going on with that center stripe. It neither appears flame-like or bird-like to me.
  14. the one we've been waiting for.. https://twitter.com/Skewcar/status/1783265352954114491?t=uzPXDFoBPIERcaFoisLSEA&s=19
  15. It's better than the previous flag, but pretty despised locally.
  16. https://www.instagram.com/stories/soccercentralsa/3353421026683096859?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igsh=MWRtdzR5ZTVtMmxlag== Same setup coming to San Antonio. Soccer Central is where Juventus has their youth academy here
  17. I get that this may be a simple placeholder, but this has to be a pretty strong indicator that powder blue will be one of the colours present on the jersey and/or logo. For example, that second Seattle image has (more or less) two of the colours they ended up using.
  18. It was modernized, but disastrously so. Not that that rationalizes everything that's happened since, but it does explain it. The three stadiums you've mentioned did modernization right. Somewhat shockingly competently in the Ricketts family's case.
  19. Either way works for me.
  20. Dont connect too much to this logo, remember Seattle started their generic imagery with red.
  21. There's a lot wrong with Soldier Field. It's too small, the field doesn't drain right, it's a pain in the ass to drive to, nor is it terribly accessible by transit relative to Wrigley, Comiskey, the United Center, UIC Pavilion, Northwestern's stadium, the new DePaul arena, and pretty much every other sports venue. The only one harder to not-drive to is the Horizon. Most of all, it's absolutely hideous, which is amplified by the Packers doing a terrific job improving Lambeau at the same time. But it's exactly what the Bears asked for. They wanted seats close to the sidelines, many more luxury boxes, and a low capacity to goose demand and keep out the poors, and that's basically what they got. They were gifted a stadium on their terms and 20 years later asked for another. And thanked God for Kevin Warren. Despicable.
  22. Jaguars and apparently the Giants and Vikings will debut new Throwbacks/Alts soon…is anyone else rumored to be doing anything? Anyone have a list of alt uniforms & helmets yet to be unveiled for the ‘24 season?
  23. I think the hyperlocal stuff is largely the product of Nike putting its full weight into the City Edition-ification of all that it can (even if the roots of that probably trace, before that, to soccer). New teams get to start there, so lucky them. That said, I'd also suggest that part of this is because we're going on a century in some cases of pro sports as an established cultural/economic force... and several decades of the merch-selling, in particular, being an enormous economic piece of the pie. So it's getting harder and harder to do something new. And that's not just the capitalist cynicism of attention being more valuable than quality. There's also the legal element, as evidenced by a Utah pro team nickname getting legally scuttled by a college team mascot on the other side of the country, which is insane. So there's a level of clever trendiness but there's also this piece of being forced to come up with something comically specific and difficult. I do some day-job work in the drinks industry, and the craft brewers have completely run out of reasonable names for beer. With that industry being so localized, I think it's insane that trademark disputes mean two individual beers (not even breweries) can't share a generic-ish name if their distribution areas are time zones apart. But, here we are, and now every new beer I see has a name like a Fiona Apple album title. Same gist.
  24. It will get stale very quickly, and they will modernize the Orange Crush throwbacks for full-time use in either 2029 or 2030.
  25. Pardon my lack of knowledge, but what's wrong with Soldier Field? Doesn't it have historical significance? I know it's old as dirt, but so is Lambeau, Wrigley, Fenway, and half the stadiums in college. If it's just a matter of modernization, couldn't some renos be done and save say, $4 billion dollars?
  26. You'd have to be a grade-A moron at Bovine University to think you can and should drive right up to the doorstep of a building on the Chicago lakefront, but the parking doesn't exist because this stadium won't exist.
  27. It does in Utah, they'll fit right in with the Jazz
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.