All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. I'm not saying I love every team's current uniforms, because I don't. But looking around the league, the only teams I don't think have a clear identity are the Cardinals, Saints and Commanders. The Texans were also on that list until today. The rest of the league, no matter how conservative or modern they are, at least have something that stands out, whether it's a color, a font, a striping pattern, etc. In 1996, we still had the Bills and Giants dressing exactly the same from the neck down and the Falcons trying to cosplay as the Raiders. Half the league had a basic black, silver or white helmet and unlike today, there were no alternate helmets that allowed teams to try something else. Merchandising has grown since then and forced teams to put a little more thought into it, not that they always succeed.
  3. Agreed. The Hurricanes' whole persona is built on taking "traditional" hockey ideals and shoving them in the face of everyone else. I think it stems from them leaning into the "Bunch of Jerks" label in 2019. If old hockey just shut their mouths that year I don't think Carolina's social media presence ever becomes this insufferable.
  4. They could put the horn on their helmet and make that their look, rather than it be part of many looks. They don’t need to double down by also having bull horns on the jerseys… which are actually backwards from the ones in the helmet - that looks ridiculous. Nothing wrong with trying new things - but commit to it. For better or for worse, make it your brand. Don’t have a different look for every day of the week because you’re afraid of commitment. They no longer have a brand.
  5. Maybe it was one of the game-worn ones that they auction off in the stadium and he bought it so he could wear it again.
  6. And the Eagles have had giant bird wings on their helmets forever. Just because it doesn't look good, pointing at the Titans, doesn't make it any less professional. It's a sports league meant to entertain. Just because its not the 60s anymore and every team isn't wearing some variety of stripes doesn't mean a team can't branch out to explore new ways to express their brand.
  7. Really pleasantly surprised with the general reaction to the Texans look. Mixed here (better than I thought) and overwhelmingly positive in general. I was mainly worried they'd be bad and then I was worried it would be a Denver like mass panning of them.
  8. The Regular Navy Jersey is the best. The H logo helmet looks like a high school helemet. The Red set with the has horns going to different directions. Kind of a mess. I can live with the 2nd Navy jersey with a different helmet.
  9. Considering one of the NOBs I used went to Baylor...I have a small question. Should I add teams from other areas close enough to DFW but not crossing another big part of Texas? The Brazos Valley and East Texas would be added on, as well as some cities that are close enough to major cities in the DFW area to not overlap another region. This would add on the following: Waco Bryan-College Station Killeen-Temple-Ft. Hood Northeast Texas Tyler Longview Texarkana Marshall Mt. Pleasant Lubbock Wichita Falls-Lawton Abilene-Sweetwater Let me know if I should add these cities before I continue.
  10. I agree with others that the NBA has blurred identities way more than the NFL has and in this respect it's worse. Turning on a game and seeing the Magic in orange and the Lakers in black is what we're talking about. In the early days of alts, I'd buy this argument; give me like 5-10 games of the Pistons in red alts or the Bulls in Black...but the alts held to the identity. Now they really don't.
  11. Respectfully, I’m not so sure that Denver are the clear losers. I think it depends on how we look at it. As far as upgrading from their previous set, they are the clear winners. As far as just a standalone uniform, I might declare Houston as the losers. Especially seeing the jerseys up in fan shops, I wouldn’t wanna wear any of those Houston jerseys more than Denver, NYJ, or Detroit, especially.
  12. Really? Seems odd to me that Harper would be storing his own uniforms. There's a whole staff of clubhouse employees in charge of that. I wouldn't think players ever have to even think about storing their uniforms, at least not in this era. Maybe decades ago but not these day. And in a new season you'd figure the entire stock of uniforms is from this year.
  13. The two worst teams playing on FS1, that number makes sense. If it were on Fox I'd be more worried. This week will have two games on at 7 PM again, and I'd expect similar numbers with the Stallions at Roughnecks and Brahmas at Renegades. At least there shouldn't be a repeat of the weather delay this weekend. There's a 14% chance of rain but thunderstorms aren't expected until Sunday. It's also a new league and a new schedule. As for Houston, locals know that last year's Roughnecks are in San Antonio now. That is throwing some XFL and USFL people off as well, because they figured the league season is either over, or not started yet. Granted the people that are thinking like that are probably the guy who showed up for one game and didn't pay much attention to it, or they are Lions fans and only want to watch those games in person. However, if this is their max level after next season, then you have to move them somewhere else. But I think you avoid Canton unless they prove that they want a team there. How to do that is the question. Do you take deposits and see how many people actually make that choice, knowing that if they don't meet the number you're looking for that you'll have to refund them? I don't like the idea unless you know that you absolutely want to put a team there and you want the local community to confirm that they are all in with the idea before you go with that decision. I know Greg Williams talked about jumping up to 12 teams next year, but unless the coaching staffs and players are pressing for it, I don't think it occurs next year. And if it does happen, I think you'll see a few Thursday or Friday night games during the year to help make up for lack of TV slots on the weekends, no matter what time of year the season starts.
  14. The NFL has teams using "swords for shoulders" and "bull horns" on their jerseys and claiming "triangles represent dissipating oxygen." This stopped being about looking professional a while ago. .
  15. When the Patriots transferred over from the World League or the CFL American experiment. I can't remember which?
  16. Out of the new Unis this year 1-J-E-T-S Jets Jets Jets - great classics - updates logo is very nice 2- Texans - (See post above ) 3- Lions - I was badmouthed for this but I just think their Okay 4- Broncos - Jerseys are great - Everything else
  17. In 1996, some teams had nice uniforms and some teams didn't. But they all had clear identities.
  18. All the more reason why I rooted for the Penguins in 2017, no matter how painful it was.
  19. I guarantee there'd be people bitching about those, the Eagles, the Niners, and the Ravens if this was 1996. There'd probably even still be grumbling over the Falcons and Jets "going BFBS" and the Jaguars using such a "gimmicky" color like teal. The Panthers' uniforms would probably be compared to the Arena League. Of course, that would all look quaint compared to the meltdowns that would ensue over the Broncos' redesign the following year.
  20. I think it's OK in the NBA or other leagues since they play so many games...but not the NFL, where there are only 17 (soon to be 18) games.
  21. Good analogy. If I love Coca Cola and then I go into the store and all the packaging is yellow out of the blue because of a "Yellow at Walgreens" promo, I'm less likely to notice and purchase it. Sure, if I really want to, I'll seek it out. And if I'm a huge cola addict, I'll probably be generally aware of all the packaging options and find it. But brands like this thrive on familiarity. Coca Cola would be crazy to not have its products be clear to the customers. Sports are a bit different, I suppose. The impact of spending a couple of seconds of thinking Celtics/Heat is Kings/Clippers because of off-brand uniforms (before noting the score bug) might not be as big of a financial and customer retention concern. But money is also not what we're concerned with here; we're concerned with our own takes on uniforms and it makes sense that some of us don't like the watering down of identities, along with the flat out confusion of who's who.
  22. 2001 was peak NFL to me. Everyone had a really nice home and away. I even really liked the Patriots uniform back then.
  23. In a way, the Broncos uniforms reminds me of the Jets' overhaul from 2019 - Struggling to compete while trying to figure out what their next steps will be, introduce a new uniform that might hopefully distract from the on-field play (it won't), only for them to revert back to a retro-inspired look 5 years down the road.
  24. Gotta say I want to not like these but I really do, like really do. Pros - Home is very clean and is a nice palette cleanser - Away/Alt template is great striping is beautiful - Red helmet - Pant stripes - Speckle paint - Little splashes of Oiler Blue on collar Cons - H-Town Alt
  25. And I would argue that the NBA has gone out and changed their alternate identities WAY more than the NFL has. Don't get me wrong there is a lot of BFBS in the league atm however I can't name one alternate in the league where I still can't tell who that team is.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.