All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Just my take, but it's like they're shouting "hey, look at us!" - just like a mid-tier college team does to try to get attention. You're not the UTEP Miners of the "who gives a conference", you're the Denver Broncos of the NFL. Dress accordingly.
  3. Today
  4. Had a bit to digest this and the Broncos changing kind of hits different than most changes. Their last set was around for a long time, and is sort of what got me into this whole thing as a passion. It was the first time I even realized that teams could even do stuff like that (Ironically, I kinda think this was the time that the teams themselves were also coming to that realization, too). And it was just SO different. That horse was cool as hell and those stripes were just so… Modern. It was such a home run for its time. I think that’s what bothers me about this change the most. The last set was dated, but one of the reasons it stuck around for so long is because it was such a benchmark for what you could do with sports design. It was one of the best examples of this whole field. And it just got replaced with… Whatever the hell that is. And it’s not even that their set is all that bad. It’s just boring yet convoluted and contrived, and derivative of a mid major college uniform that’s been done to death over the last fifteen years. Pretty disappointing change from a team that set the standard the last time they did this, IMO.
  5. I’ve been saying it all day but it’s a design from 10 years ago. Matte helmet, white helmet, sleeve caps over designed, numbers/words down the pants stripe. Just checking all the boxes from that period of Nike design. Reminds me a lot of the mess Arkansas went through in 2012-2013.
  6. Can't wait for the inevitable "Mess with the bull and you get the horns" marketing jargon.
  7. The Broncos would actually have to make the playoffs for that to matter.
  8. Clearly the 5280 on the uniforms gives you magic powers in the playoffs. I understand the Broncos rebrand way more now.
  9. They got that Millwall "we don't care" mentality
  10. Well that’s the best playoff doubleheader we’ve had in a while. I think the Lakers are beyond cooked. They were up 20 with everybody clicking and still lost, that’s gotta be backbreaking.
  11. Wow. Jamal called game. Could LeBron and the Lakers get swept out of the 1st round?
  12. Murray took over down the stretch.
  13. I like the idea of mountain caps on the sleeve but the execution is awful. Not looking forward to the Texans train wreck tomorrow either...
  14. I will never get why teams don't market test different designs. Just because designers like something, does not mean the public will
  15. The league will survive. How many teams do is the big question.
  16. Honestly, an entire uni set to go with that hat would have been MILES better than their actual City Connect.
  17. You know what? They should wear it more often because it looks really good with the cream alternates. I never would have guessed but it absolutely works.
  18. I am glad the Broncos don't look like crap anymore. They will look much better losing to the Raiders now...
  19. Each team unveiled so far you've nailed with the Reverse Retros. Particularly, the Ravens reverse retro/Fauxback can easily evoke the silks worn by jockeys at Pimlico. When you get around to the Rams, all I ask is to fix the helmet horns. If today's helmets don't really allow the horn to curl around the ear hole like it used to... Try a smoother version of the horn from 1949.
  20. This is precisely why I can't stand their team. I have absolutely nothing against the players, I'm sure they're great people just like any NHLers you'll ever come across, but their marketing and fanbase is unbearable (and yes, it does extend to their visual identity as well).
  21. That Knicks finish was incredible. Josh Hart is one of my favorite players in the league. My heart is going to be shattered in a million pieces when the Nuggets win this game.
  22. All I see with the darker blue is UTEP.
  23. Baltimore Ravens: I liked the 2020 logo, but wanted less gold. I've kept it to the outline and the eye. I've also opted for a more lavendary purple to add some contrast and to make the colorway unique. Home: A complete departure from previous sets, the shoulders feature an iridescent Maryland/Baltimore flag pattern. The iridescence carries into the pants stripe and the helmet. I've included a similar gradient in the socks to avoid the unitard look. The helmet keeps the Ravens unique striping, but in a more contrasting gold. Away: Instead of a more subtle shoulder pattern in light grey or keeping shoulders in black, I opted for keeping the iridescent pattern on the shoulder and pants. I also brought it into the name/numbers. Alternate: Leaning further into the purple gradient and a bunch of gold outlines. It's not going to be everyone's favorite, but I think the Ravens could pull it off. Hall of Fame: There were some classic looks around the league in 1996 when a team came to Baltimore. I didn't want to lean into the Browns history for inspiration, because the Ravens don't deserve the Browns storied history. Instead we've got a completely new creation. I've used a diamond motif on the jersey. Diamonds graced some uniforms in the early days of the NFL, and they aren't so far off from the flag motif. I've also used the winged helmet for this winged team.
  24. Would have been the perfect alternate with the inaugural primaries... Too bad the Gold jersey ruined their bid for perfection.
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.