All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I suspect that the struggles that the NFL has had with logos for recent Super Bowls are the product of a desperate desire within that league's leadership for a common element in the branding of each Super Bowl. Meanwhile, the Olympic movement has enjoyed a common branding element for decades thanks to that iconic symbol of five interlocking rings. It seems to me that as long as those rings, the host city's name, and the year in which that city is hosting an Olympic Games are present, an organizing committee for those Games and anyone hired by such a committee to design an emblem for that edition of the Olympic Games should expect to have a wide degree of freedom in crafting a logo that works well with the event's time and place. As for the 2024 Olympic Games' new emblem, it is an alluringly daring and stylish symbol that is very befitting an Olympics being held in a city known worldwide as a hub of art, design, and fashion. Whoever developed that logo gets an emphatic merci beaucoup from me. Now, I am curious as to what will become of the rest of the visual identity for the 2024 Games.
  3. The only critiques I'd have are: The way that the torch lines up with the words for Colossus FC makes it look like COLÖSSUS. I'm not in love with the name or the affiliation with MNUFC for Minnesota. I think it's enough to have the same color scheme. You already did an MLS series that was amazing. No need to just repeat that. And I just want to iterate again the absolute genius that is the flame. I've looked at it 20 times and I still love it.
  4. Love a lady liberty team. They remind me of NY Liberty in the WNBA, but much better. Sucker for the Liberty green it has to be my favorite unique color that a team could use.. and paired with navy is the ideal identity for a team if I had one. The orange is a tad light but it is fire after all so I’d be dumb to say go darker. Favorite tied with the Houston one.
  5. CALIFORNIA ANGELS but that's another story: So the Sixers Navy "City" that leaked is legit? Some claim it was fake on Twitter/Facebook etc. So if it's legit it's to honor the William Penn Statue?
  6. Bit of a heads up, I will be redesigning the Panthers as well... i've discovered that their kit needs a revamp so there is that. Packers is already well done so they aren't going to change... and neither are the Raiders or the Redskins. When we get past the Titans, I'll be continuing on with the West teams of San Francisco and Denver.
  7. For the love of Jimmy Carter just eliminate interlague play and the wild card. Go back to the 1969-1993 4 division format. If you don't win your division: TOUGH
  8. http://www.oudaily.com/sports/ou-football-sooner-schooner-will-not-run-rest-of-season/article_a6f313ce-f52a-11e9-b6e4-2be4e6b45ad0.html/
  9. Any constructive criticism or suggestions before I move onto the home/away jerseys?
  10. Sacramento (Roseville) is home away from home for me. I grew up in the Bay Area, moved to Roseville for awhile before making my way to Oregon. I will always have love for Sac. I try to get down there as much as I can. I was just there a few weeks back for the Aftershock rock festival. Wish I was at the rally for the Republic. I'm definitely going to make it my goal to be at the first Republic home game in 2022 (Hopefully against the Timbers ). So stoked for @Bucfan56, @tp49 and Sacramento.
  11. So, with the cup & title graphics done, I put them together with a couple of vintage crossed lacrosse sticks and a "Brampton" banner. I gave the lettering a white drop shadow to suggest that the words are engraved into the cup... This is a national championship, so I placed a classic, red maple leaf in behind... Voila!!!
  12. Actually, I think it's the bagginess of the throwback stuff that makes it look so bad. I think in a modern cut uniform colored pants could look decent.
  13. That was, from my memory, the reason behind the design on PNC Park. Owners wanted an intimate ballpark that emphasised the view of the city over adding additional seats. One of the best ballparks for those reasons.
  14. What about Vancouver? It's has been mention many times, can it support a MLB franchise? I've heard the MiLB Canadians team has a good turnout; but again, no.stadium. Or is it too close to.Seattle or within the Mariners market? Omit last post, couldn't get rid of quote..
  15. I can't even begin to describe last night and I couldn't be prouder of this city. The energy in the crowd was just palpable. Best moment of the night (sorry @Bucfan56) was getting major stink eye from Ron Burkle because of my choice of headwear, yes, I was wearing and Islanders hat. I'll say this, and I said the same when I met @Bucfan56 is that no one should underestimate Sacramento and the will here to get things done. Starting with the Kings eight or so years back, things looked hopeless and the team was pretty much gone. Instead the bootstraps got tightened, a little luck came our way, the G1 came to fruition and the Kings stayed. Burkle in the video posted from The Bee (which I actually had a physical copy of yesterday for once...it was free though) said something similar. Folks should have taken notice with what went down with basketball here. I saw that energy again last night. This city don't quit...and man, did it make me smile. I'd like to give @Bucfan56 a shout out as well. Enjoyed talking to him (we have a very similar sense of humor,) and I'm thrilled for him, the rest of the staff of Republic FC, and the fans of Sacramento! Y'all did it!
  16. Yeah, definitely an upgrade. Kept the good details but dropped the unnecessarily outlines. I hope they decide to keep that moving forward.
  17. Today
  18. I’m not sad at all in fact I’m quite ecstatic!!! LAKERGANG!!!!
  19. First off, congrats to @Bucfan56 and all those involved in Sac republic. Honestly though, as a riverhounds fan and proud steel army member? I have no desire for them to even consider moving up to MLS. I like what the USL is doing, and the amount of control Tuffy has as the owner and just the connections with the players.
  20. I'm definitely on board for Phoenix Rising FC for #30. Their fan support is great and I love the name. Plus the league can split into 3 conferences of 10. Vancouver, Seattle, Portland, Sacramento, San Jose, LAFC, LA Galaxy, Phoenix, Salt Lake & Colorado round out a perfect 10 team West.
  21. @QueenCitySwarm, if what your father is saying is true, then Tepper is requesting levels and uses of money and other resources that are not only wasteful, but flat-out impractical, even by the standards of funding for sports venues by governments. I cannot help but suspect that Tepper wants a new stadium in the Charlotte area for the Panthers -- especially one with a retractable roof -- and a separate stadium for a Charlotte MLS club (be it a renovated and reconfigured Bank of America Stadium or an entirely new facility) first and foremost as a way to one-up Atlanta in general and Arthur Blank in particular: "See that, Artie? My NFL team and my MLS team can play home games at the exact same time! Can you say that about the Falcan'ts and Atlanta Divided? I did not think so!" It is as if Tepper is the kind of billionaire who would go on a shopping spree and bring home a new top-of-the-line Rolls-Royce, a new top-of-the-line Ferrari, and a new top-of-the-line Mercedes-Benz G-Wagen right after he sees one of this next-door neighbors buy a Bentley, sees his other next-door neighbor buy a Lamborghini, and sees the person living across the street from him buy a Range Rover. However, this is not to say that the idea of Charlotte as the home of the thirtieth club in MLS is without any merit. In addition to Tepper's deep pockets, concerns about the long-term environmental sustainability of the Las Vegas area and even the Phoenix area could help Charlotte beat out such dry locales for a place in MLS.
  22. The brown doesn't look bad per se, but the Bucks look so devoid of life here. The extra color has to be something bold and bright to balance everything out. Hunter orange or the 1980s lime green would be better.
  23. Lakers, Dodgers, USC football, Raiders, Rams, UCLA Basketball, Clippers, Angels, Kings, Chargers in order of importance in LA
  24. I don't have photoshop or anything at the moment, so I'm just gonna throw these suggestions out if anyone wants to jump on it: - Make the jersey black. - Make the facemask ALL black - Make the helmet logo white with red outline - Make the numbers white with red and purple outlines
  1. Load more activity

• Newsletter

Want to keep up to date with all our latest news and information?