All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. It wouldn’t surprise me if the blue pants have a solid white stripe
  3. I'm not really surprised, but there were people saying that the Masters would impact the Sunday games. Looks like that wasn't an issue after all.
  4. The age of the hockey announcer is over. Now is the age of memes.
  5. Loving the Lions tease so far. the nameplate has a traditional font and I really like the additions of white to the stripes.
  6. So, looking like the northwestern stripe is staying on the helmet but with white, and unfortunately no pants stripes
  7. Jack Edwards just rather abruptly announced that he's retiring at the end of the Bruins season, too. Gotta say that one's come as much more of a relief.
  8. Rod Wood was pretty secretive but specifically talked about making the numbers more legible. I don't think they'll just change the outline from charcoal to white while lightening the grey a bit... White numbers, no contrasting collars, very good helmet made even better better with white added, Barry era pants and no black in sight? I'm not as worried as I was...
  9. Yeah, non-full spectrum lighting makes it difficult to tell things apart for humans. In some instances a color doesn't even need to actually be darker to appear darker in the correct lighting. This quote is an excuse to post one of my favorite youtube videos.
  10. Better, their 1975-2002 template is MUCH better than their post-WCF era uniforms. The 1975-1982 uniforms has some nice silver numbers with white trim. The 1983-2002 uniforms did improve on the number colors flipping them around, but to be honest, the silver numbers with white trim was far superior.
  11. The blue ones don't seem to have any but the stripe at 0:02 can't be a jersey sleeve. Silver pants with Barry era stripes but plain blue ones to mix and match as they said they wanted?
  12. One last update to the designs, based on the 15 minute teaser video posted by the team. This GIF might have leaked the new home uniform in the back, so I adjusted the home to match. Bull Theme is very likely to be red, and I would expect a horned helmet. The "H-Town Tough" uniform is a shot-in-the-dark but I think it will be mono-blue with a white helmet, likely with a new logo, however, it definitely could just be mono black or white. The promo had lots of shots of the curb art in Houston, so I would expect something calling back to those, I went with the pant stripe.
  13. My requests would be simple: pants - white with teal jersey, teal with black jersey, either white or teal with white jersey. socks - black always
  14. The only acceptable way to put a WCF patch on the new set is above the player nameplate. Also, give us blue facemasks.
  15. The league wasn't looking to expand in the 2000s, having overexpanded in the 1990s and paying the price for it with Lockout II: Expansion Fees Can't Paper Over Our Crap Anymore. Even if they were to expand, they wouldn't have expanded to Hamilton for the same reasons they wouldn't have to Winnipeg and didn't to Quebec City (how's that "deferred expansion" going, anyway?). After they wouldn't even let him move the lousy dead-ass Predators, the subterfuge of buying the Coyotes out of bankruptcy court and winning the eventual lawsuit was the only play he had left to make money on a Southern Ontario NHL team. Incidentally, I swear there were reports that Copps Coliseum was only to be a stopgap while they built a new arena in, of all places, Cambridge, roughly equidistant to Hamilton and Kitchener-Waterloo, but I can't find any sources. But why would I imagine that?
  16. I hate that this thread is HOT with nothing to show for it other than a Lions tease.
  17. Blue Pants in video appear to be stripeless
  18. To put a finer point on it, it's a metropolitan area that's about 120 miles north to south and, I dunno, like 10 miles west to east. It's a long boi. This is the same problem South Florida has, where everything is either relatively nearby or requires long drives up and down one artery, which I think is worse than Phoenix's 360-degree sprawl. I don't have the stomach for "but all our REAL fans live in Provo!"
  19. Pretty sure the target audience for The Masters since Tiger stopped being good is my 92-year old Granddad who uses golf as a sleeping aid. I'm not surprised an Ohio State scrimmage would draw more people who want to watch football than a golf tournament. People will go for what is familiar over what is new most of the time and like it or not, Ohio State football is the definition of familiar. I like alt-football too. I wouldn't be posting here if I didn't. But, clearly, I am NOT most people.
  20. Blue-white-blue stripe at 0:02...
  21. So I was thinking this too but going back looking at the first road trip of the year, it looks like it’s in players lockers. i think the players might just hate the jersey.
  22. I never understood how a black jersey was supposed to work for the Lions. If the numbers are white, they look like the Panthers. If the numbers are silver, they look like the Raiders. And blue can be difficult to read, even with silver borders on the numbers. Hopefully the Lions realized this too.
  23. Today
  24. Do we ever see 2D applications of other team's helmets? I thought it was mentioned but I have trouble recalling anything but the 3/4 view. 2d helmet is the best logo solution IMO
  25. Curiosity may just kill me, but options I’d like to see for the Jets- • Green/White/Green/Black • Green/Green/Green/Black • Green/Green/White/Black • Green/Black/White/Black Options we’ll get- • Green/White/Black/Black • Green/White/Green/Green • Green/Green/White/White
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.