All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Yeah I found that out after posting. Doesn’t excuse the buffoonery.
  3. Love how the NBA playoffs are a complete free-for-all with no logic or order to the choice of uniforms game-to-game, and then you have Bucks-Pacers where both teams are wearing the exact same jersey for the first four games of the series. The lack of consistency is maddening.
  4. Well technically the words inside the collar use Columbia Blue, so it's now apart of their main color palette, and can be used more due t that.
  5. What the hell did the Lightning ever do to give you that kind of impression? And no, beating your asses every time we meet in the playoffs isn't a good explanation. You just sound like you're being arbitrary in saying that Bruce Cassidy's comments were "an undercurrent of mutual respect" without a shred of evidence to back that claim. But you've been writing nonsense like this for three years at least now so I'm not surprised you're still writing this kind of nonsense.
  6. It’s a good way to lose a cohesive identity.
  7. Alts are here to stay, I'm not bothered by it. Good way to have your cake and eat it too IMO
  8. Yeah, exactly what the people want. For one team to look like two.
  9. Texans look like 2 normal sets and 2 with bold red. Seems fine to me.
  10. The all-red alt is a great indication of that!
  11. Created a couple jerseys in Adidas' NCAA portfolio using this template idea. I tried to show a variety of options that the collar provides.
  12. Probably Drew Lock rapping on the sidelines. Not a thought behind those eyes. Much like the post-SB50 days
  13. I mean, they won SB III. Then proceeded to spend the next 55 or so years being decent-to-basura, with the highlight being Mark Sanchez running right into Brandon Moore's butt and committing a turnover. Speaking of which, what play best represents Denver's post-SB 50 futility? I would suggest the Hackett field goal.
  14. ICE is also an acronym which has meaning in Texas. Yeah, I know they meant frozen water For certain they don't mean
  15. Dodgers are wearing the "Los Angeles" greys for what I believe is the first time tonight. Sleeve striping is, in fact, still there. So the Fanatics website had it wrong earlier. (SHOCKER!) Placket break is pleasantly not through the A or the N. So that's nice I guess.
  16. Houston’s quarter-assed use of the light blue is absolutely magnificent. You really gotta admire this team for being a bunch of crybabies over a color. They’ve gotten themselves so worked up about being the Oilers that they inadvertently started to look like the Titans. Just really great stuff.
  17. Utah Yet-tays* (I still don't know how he went from a mummy to a ninja, but never an actual Yeti. Well besides the "Welp, WCW" reason)
  18. Agreed. For the record, here is the picture that started my search, courtesy of Uni-Watch.
  19. I think it’s safe to say that, finally, the Jets have won something.
  20. There definitely needs to be a rule of visibility, then. Again, hardly an accent color.
  21. The inner collars of all three jerseys have H-Town written in that shade of blue. You can't see it when the players are wearing them, but you can see it on the retail shop pages. Whether or not that satisfies the rules is debatable, but it is there.
  22. Honestly, given what was said in the lead-up to this unveiling, things came out surprisingly tame for the Texans. I think they’re about a lateral move from their previous set, more ambitious but less consistent. Still, they’re not as inconsistent as they were made out to be beforehand, it’s definitely not 4 completely different designs, but more like 2 separate designs split across 4 jerseys. Pros I really like the horn stripes, both on the jersey and helmet. It feels like a nice update of the USC design that’s now unique to them. The number font honestly looks pretty nice, judging by @DCarp1231’s picture, definitely better than it seemed in the original leak. A solid update of the old font. I like the red “candy paint” helmet, I just wish the facemask was navy so that the horn could flow into it easier. The “H-Town” set honestly isn’t bad at all, the helmet seemed goofy at first but works within the rest of the uniform, even though I’d still prefer the H-Town variant of the bull logo. I’d also like to see a bit more of the H-Town blue present in the actual uniform. I will say, this design balances the 3 colors way better than the Titans do. Cons I still hate perforated numbers, and the Texans joining the Rams on the “Fruit Roll-Up” numbers bandwagon. The home navy leaves a lot to be desired, I could honestly see a lot of people wondering what changed. The double-logo on the sleeves & helmet is a downgrade from the previous version. I don’t love the added navy heaviness of the away jersey, but it’s growing on me. Interestingly, in my view I’d say we got a huge upgrade (Lions), a couple lateral moves where one is a slight upgrade (Jets) & the other is a slight downgrade (Texans), and a huge downgrade (Broncos) this uniform season. One of every possibility across the spectrum.
  23. Depends on what you consider the Panthers. Their pants stripe is fine. It technically touches the bottom. Other gimmicky stripes do suck. There's plenty of ways for a team to go contemporary without coming up with harry high-school trash like the Titans. I'm not necessarily a traditionalist, but there's a certain "framework" within which NFL designs should live. It's fine to push the boundaries of said framework, but breaking them reduces the league to nothing but a higher-level amateur league that doesn't give af about branding, identities, tradition, or connection with anything but the youngest generation of its fans. Even some of the Texans gimmicky stuff falls within the framework, albeit near the boundary. but some is outside of it, which doesn't necessarily mean it's bad, but it's bad for an NFL uniform. Not every team needs to look like the Steelers or Raiders or Chiefs. It would suck if every team did. But at the highest level, you can wear a slim-cut suit with a fancy lapel, fancy shoes, cool socks, and maybe a flashy tie to the board meeting, but at the end of the day it's still a professional suit (that pushes the boundaries of what's acceptable for that situation, but still falls within it.). Not everyone needs to look like the old-stodgy white CEO in his Brooks Brothers suit. Still suits: Different than the traditional, but still within the established framework (at the edges of it, but on the safe side). They can still sit at the same table with... Chiefs, Steelers, Raiders, et al: These can coexist in the same NFL board room. On the other hand... GTFO with this nonsense. Go to the AFL or... hell.
  24. These are not as wild as I anticipated. The way they described them as four unique sets made me think they’d be like the Commanders with little to no similar design principles across the set. They do have some differences but enough similarities that they feel related. That doesn’t mean they are great. They are absolutely a downgrade from the previous set. While fairly safe, the old designs were one of the better NFL uniforms and had little to no flaws. The new set has several issues. The number font is a step down. Some digits look ok, but others look absolutely horrible (the 2 and 3 in particular). Then there are several inconsistencies where I’d just like them to pick a style and apply it across the entire closet. The navy blue home has a two tone collar. The H Town set has a slightly different single color collar. The away and red alt do not have contrasting collars. The home jersey looks fine, but the logos on the sleeves are boring when they used to have a flash of red there previously. The away doesn’t look bad, but it looks boring with too much navy. It’s really missing the red numbers. Also, this application of the horn looks best with the blue and red contrasting starkly against the white. The red set is close but it’s over stimulating with too much red. My OCD is on overdrive because the numbers and pants stripe use both navy and white, while the helmet and jersey horns are strictly navy blue and red. Pop some white in there and it might be good. Also, white numbers would be a better choice, but it looks like they still contrast fairly well. The H Town uni is its own mess. Don’t need to get into that. Overall, I’d say a 6/10. Not horrible, but a marked step down from what they had. A few key decisions and these could have been much better.
  25. Today
  26. Falcons with red numbers > Falcons with black numbers
  27. Yeah, it's a tendency I hate so much. I would find race-to-the-bottom Raleigh loathsome even if they never got the Whalers. plAIoffs! AI, Branford, you heard about this?
  1. Load more activity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.