Bowling Green new look

jefrsn

me too. im from ohio, so its always cool when our little schools like BG and toledo and miami get bug pub from good football seasons or whatever. that logo is so simple, but is very goo at the same time. the new one is kinda interesting. the brown stripes on the bird are kind of wierd, but i dont know what to think. i like the interlock BG though.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

It feels like there are some continuity issues with this update. They wanted the best of both worlds, with the traditional falcon (which I like in a very retro 2-D way) and the newer one. This wouldn't present so much of a problem if the new one wasn't in the same exact shape as the old one.

I understand why they did it that way, but it appears (although we know it's not true) that the same designer did both as concepts for the university, and BGSU couldn't make up their mind.

Also, I wonder which one BG will favor, on the helmets, uniforms, graphics and such.

Also, I wonder which one BG will favor, on the helmets, uniforms, graphics and such.

Well, according to the link that jefrsn posted, this form of the logo (in other colors and/or with wording) is considered the primary athletic mark:

02_bgsu_ath_01.gif

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Is the eagle head supposed to have been built from the shape of a capital G? I never gave it much thought until I saw the old mark next to the new one. Not being familiar with BGU, I don't know if they have a "Go Green" chant, but if they did, it would make sense to emphasize the G.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The Mets list the white-with-blue-pinstripes uniform as their home primary, but how often do we see that at Shea? I feel Bowling Green will take every opportunity (minus this year's football helmets) to show off their new falcon.

Is the eagle head supposed to have been built from the shape of a capital G? I never gave it much thought until I saw the old mark next to the new one. Not being familiar with BGU, I don't know if they have a "Go Green" chant, but if they did, it would make sense to emphasize the G.

Well, considering BGSU is Brown, Orange, and White..I highly doubt they have a "Big Green" chant.

Also, am I the only one who thinks the new logo looks like UNC Wimington? (I may have the wrong school, it's a subordinate of North Carolina named the Seahawks)

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

It does look similar to UNC Wilmington! I really like the classic primary logo. You just knew when it was Bowling Green State University.

But lets not avoid the biggest question about the redesign: Why not change those god forsaken colors?! The worst color combo in sports history (besides that Boy Scouts football concept). Even the Padres figured that one out! Brown should be banned from the possible color choices for athletics.

CCSLC Signature.jpg

• 3 months later...

What would the Cleveland BROWNS be if they didn't have BROWN, hmmmmm?

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

The Mets list the white-with-blue-pinstripes uniform as their home primary, but how often do we see that at Shea? I feel Bowling Green will take every opportunity (minus this year's football helmets) to show off their new falcon.

As they should. The new one is clearly superior.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

This has been covered, hasn't it? I most definitely recall a thread about this.

It was from August... I know I've revived a couple threads lately, but come on. He brought this back from 5-to{about to be} 6 feet under. <_<

What would the Cleveland BROWNS be if they didn't have BROWN, hmmmmm?

You revived a four month old thread just to say something that has nothing to do with ANYTHING?

That's 1,840 pointless things you've said now. That number will always climb.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived